Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Follicle Death Row
    • May 2011

Joe Rogan Taps Out to Hair Loss

I'm bringing this one up because UFC commentator and comedian Joe Rogan has been going on about his hair loss quite a bit recently and he said that the dumbest thing he ever did was get a hair transplant. I know he got it done back in the day but surely he could have gone to one of the top docs and gotten a megasession to improve matters. Anyway he's had treatment for his strip scar and has shaved it all off now. Thoughts?
    Attached Files
  • john2399
    • Jan 2012

he looks totally different but he can pull it off. Just shows that everyone with hairloss tries to keep what they have for as long as they can until you have no choice but to shave it.

Comment

• Artista
      • Apr 2010

He actually looks OK

Rogan's pate is perfect for a shaved look.
      I wonder if he had tried to SAVE MONEY when he went for the strip transplant.
      Celebrities with wealth can still surprise us.

Comment

• DAVE52
        • Sep 2010

Lucky bastard !
        I wish I had the balls to do that and just move on with life.
        Unfortunaelty this hair loss is physcologically murder for some of us

Comment

• Delphi
          • Mar 2009

He obviously struggled with it for a long time. He's in his 40's and had at least one hair transplant, so I don't think it was so easy for him to let go. He looks good though.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
            • May 2011

Originally posted by Artista
            Rogan's pate is perfect for a shaved look.
            I wonder if he had tried to SAVE MONEY when he went for the strip transplant.
            Celebrities with wealth can still surprise us.
            I believe he got it done back in the news radio days, mid to late 90s. There was no FUE back then and most of transplants were still strip method micros.

Comment

• DAVE52
              • Sep 2010

Posted n his twiiter acct MArch 2
              "Hair transplants are the dumbest thing I've ever done. It's like taking healthy people and moving them where everyone is dying. "

I wish I had his strength

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                • May 2011

He's a cool dude. I think he's had PRP by the sounds of it to treat the scar. He used to talk about getting a Wanderlei Silva style tattoo to cover the strip scar but maybe he can just FUE into it. Also wonder what he's going to do about the micros up top. Laser remove or just shave 'em down?

Bryan Callen also had a HT. Might have been him who talked Joe into doing it as Joe said one of his friends who had a HT advised him to go for it. Callen could probably do with another one by the looks of it.

Comment

• clandestine
                  • Aug 2011

He looks great. Grow some stubble and he's set. Wish I had a similar head shape, actually.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                    • Feb 2011

Damn, I didn't know Joe Rogan had a bad hair transplant. It's ironic that I see this post now since I just watching some old UFC fights on FuelTV. For some reason, a lot of the athletes and people affiliated with the UFC suffer from hair loss: President Dana White, Referees Dan Miragliotta and Josh Rosenthal, Joe Rogan, and fighters Randy Couture, Keith Jardine, Shane Carwin, Wanderlei Silva, Junior Dos Santos, Anderson Silva, Jon Madsen, Kimbo Slice, Mark Coleman, BJ Penn, Martin Kampmann, Richie Attonito, etc.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                      • May 2011

Another thing Joe has working in his favour is the Italian skin. Bald heads always looks healthier with some colour.

Comment

• stylus187
                        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Highlander
                        It's funny then that in sports where aerobic fitness is the main focus, all the atheletes seem to maintain a full head of hair.
                        You forget one thing.. Heavy based DHT compounds in alot of the above mentioned athletes. Listen, Im telling you for a fact, most of that early hair loss is from 5-aR based steroids. Winstrol, Deca, Primobolan, Sustanon 250, 375.. just to name a few!!!! Im not calling out any particular athlete in the above mentioned article. Im only saying, read between the lines....

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                          • May 2011

Originally posted by stylus187
                          You forget one thing.. Heavy based DHT compounds in alot of the above mentioned athletes. Listen, Im telling you for a fact, most of that early hair loss is from 5-aR based steroids. Winstrol, Deca, Primobolan, Sustanon 250, 375.. just to name a few!!!! Im not calling out any particular athlete in the above mentioned article. Im only saying, read between the lines....
                          I didn't want to say but there's defo a link. Of course some of these guys are such great athletes too because of naturally high levels. Both probably going on.

Comment

• stylus187
                            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Highlander
                            Of course. Any of these brute force sports and most of the athletes are going bald. Then compare that to sports where having lots of muscle isn't the main focus and suddenly everyone has a bit more hair on top.

There could also be a simpler explanation, and that is that in sports like MMA it naturally attracts people who are conditioned to be bulkier, stronger, and have elevated levels of testosterone (which eventually converts into DHT, right?). So it could also be different sports attracting different types of people at the higher levels.

That said, I do believe that aerobics has a good effect on hair no matter your genetics.
                            I sale Hormones, and peptides for a living. This is my profession. Trust me!!! I wont mention names, but its due to the DHT compounds... With this being said, yes... you are correct, some dudes such as us, are pre exposed to some deegre of hair loss. Yes.. exercise is great for the entire body. It circulates blood to every organ! Im not taking anything away from these guys. They are God given, blessed genetic athletes... They can def kick my butt!!! lol Hey its all a mystery to some degree!!! Google my sign on name.. lots of info out there!!!

Comment

• ryan555
                              • Oct 2010

I love Joe Rogan and I think he looks OK like this. But, I have seen him up close in person a few times and I don't think he looks that bad with the transplants. He certainly could afford to have someone like Shapiro or Feller clean things up and do some follow up sessions to keep things looking tight. I guess if he's happy with it that's all that matters. I know he's happily married and isn't the type of dude to obsesss about his looks, so good for him.

Comment

Working...