+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Something new?

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Actually, rates went up significantly post-war when life expectancy in Japan increased markedly and men stopped dying before the onset of MPB.
    Actually the argument wouldn't be about rates increase or decreasing if it was more due to life expectancy, the rate should have remained unchanged if that was the case.

Onset of symptoms and progression of MPB is more the correct thing to judge.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20305339 says that in he decade proceeding WW2 L.E. increased 13.7 years.

So unless L.E. was like 30 or 40 in Japan (it wasn't, it was late high 40's to mid 50's) the rates of 20 to 30 somethings experiencing it should have been equal unless something else shifted as well.

But if Japanese MPB is more typically onset at 50+ then yes, it makes sense we see it more. But if the onset is occuring more at the typical 20-30 then that demographic rate change is due to something else.

Inactive

Question

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    But if the onset is occuring more at the typical 20-30 then that demographic rate change is due to something else.
    Where is the evidence that Japanese men in the 20s-30s age range are experiencing a greater incidence of hair loss?

I'm not saying there is, I'm indirectly asking if there is.

You missed my point/question, or I badly worded it.

Inactive

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    You missed my point/question, or I badly worded it.
    I got your point; I'm saying that it's moot because I haven't see anyone claim, much less prove, that the incidence of MPB in Japanese males has specifically increased among the 20s-30s age group in the post-war area. All such claims just generally state that MPB was "virtually unknown" (among all males) in Japan prior to WWII.

New website is up.

http://www.biologixhair.com/

Latest news:
    Biologix Hair Science Ltd.™ Makes US$ 525,000 Payment on R&D Partnership Agreement with Beijing Institute of Technology

no media coverage at all makes this product seem abit off.
    even the PGD2 report got on the news.

If this product was as good as they claimed it would be everywhere by now, celebs would be promoting this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    no media coverage at all makes this product seem abit off.
    even the PGD2 report got on the news.

If this product was as good as they claimed it would be everywhere by now, celebs would be promoting this stuff.
    Maybe.

They're spending a shit ton of money on patents.

If you look at the before and after results, they blast the before pictures with flash while the after pictures use much less lighting. Even with the camera tricks, the results aren't impressive.

Unfortunately, there's so many ways these type of clinics can manipulate results - bright vs. dark lighting, wet vs. dry hair, different angles, different hairstyles, concealer etc.

rolf Im not saying anything.

Finding out they're located in Toronto;
    http://www.biologixhair.com/contact/...t-information/

Thinking about contacting them via telephone, just not sure what kinds of things I would ask in order to test the validity of their claims.

I mean, they're pushing enough money into this, can we be sure they're entirely fake? And yes, I'm in complete agreeance that their pictures are shoddy.