Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpm
    • Nov 2011

Shampoo

I don't wish to add anything to my regime, but I'm just curious to know. Most people think of a cure as a pill that stops hair loss, others think along the advancing stem cell technology route.

For me, a 'cure' would be a substance that can be put in shampoos that blocks dht potently or hits the receptors at the scalp. I would be no extra hassle to anyone as everyone already washes their hair with shampoo every day.

With this in mind, does anyone know of any such products out at the moment which in any way do this? Or if any company is looking into this?

I know nizoral is supposed to do a similar thing but only very mildly.

Ta
  • Tracy C
    • Sep 2011

Currently, Nizoral is the only shampoo that might actually be able to block DHT reception at the scalp. Many other shampoos claim to do that but Nizoral is the only one with any real evidence that it can.

You must understand that "curing" hereditary hair loss is like trying to "cure" blue eyes. MPB and FPB are normal and natural human traits, just like blue eyes, brown eyes, green eyes etc.

Comment

• jpm
      • Nov 2011

So none of the products that claim they do, actually work?

When I said cure, I meant stop it happening. But one day in the future I can imagine being able to alter your genes to change them so you wont have the MPB gene.....not in my lifetime though!

Comment

• Tracy C
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by jpm
        So none of the products that claim they do, actually work?
        That is correct.

Comment

Working...