Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael94
    • Jan 2012

Quick question about Rogaine shedding

Hey guys, I'm 18 years old and I've been using rogaine for about a month now. Lately I've been shedding a lot, and I was wondering if the shedding caused by rogaine affects only the areas that you apply to it. Or does Rogaine cause the whole scalp to shed? Also what happens when rogaine is applied to healthy terminal hair? thanks!
  • Tracy C
    • Sep 2011

First you need to know that shedding is an indication that the medicine is working. Shedding is part of the process of treating and possibly reversing hair loss. Shedding stops eventually and with continued use your hair will grow back a little thicker than it was before.

Now with that out of the way, I am not sure if shedding is localized to where you put the medicine. It does make sense to me that it would be though.

Comment

• michael94
      • Jan 2012

thanks for all the help tracy, is there anyone else that can chime in?

Comment

• rupe
        • Jan 2012

I don't knnow the answer to your questions, but I've been using minoxidil for almost 5 weeks now and the shedding is horrendous. Lets hope it stops soon and is replaced by thicker hair.

Comment

• michael94
          • Jan 2012

Rupe where are you applying rogaine? I think the amount one sheds on rogaine depends on how much miniaturized follicles you have

Comment

• rupe
            • Jan 2012

I apply it on the top of my scalp, crown and on the hairline. I'm actually not sure if its shedding, or if this is just bad accelerating hair loss

Comment

• Tracy C
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by michael94
              I think the amount one sheds on rogaine depends on how much miniaturized follicles you have
              This is true.

Comment

Working...