+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

It's very hard Sausage, not everyone understands how hard it is losing your hair, I don't think there's one thing that ages you as much as losing your hair.

I spoke with the surgeon in Turkey and said that i'm currently unhappy with the yield i've got from my procedure, especially on one side, and they said that if I pay for the travel/hotels there review it and do more FUE free of charge if needed.

I know how unpredictable hair transplants can be, so I want to give it another 6 months maybe to see what the final result is, My worry is that if i've got that result from 2,400 FUE, what difference is another 500/1000 FUE going to make, I could be losing more hair from back and sides that potentially might not grow well at all.

Transplanted hair around the hairline hasn't grown in well at all, it looks as if i have 2 hairlines if i seperate transplanted and original hair.

I am losing around 100 hairs a week I would say with washing and styling, I understand that this is not too bad, aslong as you get new growth coming through.

Been using fincar on and off for last 3-4 years I would say, was on 5mg, but decided to stop for a while to ensure my libido returned to normal as it was very low, now dabbling with 5mg and a pill cutter, so 1mg a day on and off... thinking of trying trx2, I know everyone on the forums has stated its a big scam, but I can't ignore the claims of regrowth and might start rogaine alongside and see where i'm at towards the end of next year.

It's really surprising what a good coverage hair style, some thickening syrum and a blow dry can achieve, no-one is any the wiser most of the time, just a pain having to style it a certain way.

Default 11 month update

ok, Wondering what I should do... still quite sparse as you can see... the surgeon has offered corrective free FUE on one side as not much has grown in, one side has more growth, but again not acceptable to me to be able to comb back fully.

Do you think it's worth giving the surgeon another chance to do free FUE, and possibly pay some more to thicken the existing area?

Is it worth going to another surgeon? how much FUE do I have left to play with? wouldn't want the sides any thinner, but I think there's still another 1,000 FUE to play with at the back in my opinion.

I think i'll wait out the full 18 months, see if hair thickens before making any decisions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1679.jpg

Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	18221   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1681.jpg

Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	18222   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1686.jpg

Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	18223   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1689.jpg

Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	18224   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1691.jpg

Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	18225  

Hey Jim. Thanks for all your effort to put up the photos month after month.

Your hair TP looks great. Its not as thick as the rest of your hair , but thats normal. Most folks have to go back for a 2nd procedure to get the density .

I would take the doctors offer on free plugs.

Jimbob give it some long hard thought, just because something is free does not mean you should do it. I think that was a lot of grafts to place into that pattern but that is just my opinion and I didn’t like the way it looked post up compared to many others that I have seen where the work looked much cleaner. Don’t misunderstand I’m just trying to be honest here.

Take a good look at that pattern that was implanted. Now how much total donor do you have left and where might your hair loss progress now figure out a plan to use those grafts wisely and using another 1000 for that temple area again might be very ill advised. In fact ask the clinic if I use up more grafts and my hair loss progresses what should I do and see how they answer.

no, I appreciate your honesty, I have to agree, although i think it's too early to say it's a failure as of yet because thickening might improve the look, I have seen many other better HT's out there.

I'm definitely disappointed with the result, but i'm not sure I regret it, I think it's maybe physcological that i know i have a bit more hair up there so i'm slightly less worried.

I think i'll give it another 6 months and see from there.

I mean even if I was lucky enough to have another 2,400 donor FUE in that area would it increase the density enough in that area to look like my regular hairline, I think not... at least with this clinic.

Jimbo.

According to the research i have done, most of us have anywhere from 7 to 10,000 grafts of donor hair. Now I know you spend a wad of cash on those 2400 and I was a little surprised that many grafts did not dense pack the areas you requested.

But I disagree that you should pass on the free grafts. I think the job was well done but your hair is so thick that there is no way one procedure is going to give you the same density as your hairline.

Are you sure he implanted 2400 grafts ? I just got 1300 grafts done and it covered about a 3/4 inch area across my frontal hairline.

I think i'll wait out the full 18 months, see if hair thickens before making any decisions.
    Jimbo,

Looking at the center photo your hair looks great, like Topcat said, don't waste follicles at this point in time, you may need them down the road if you begin thinning at other locations. Treat them babies like GOLD until their really needed.

Just my opinion anyway, ................. your hair looks really good...!

Have a great holiday season.

-Dale-

To be honest it doesn't look as good(dense) as procedures done by IAHRS surgeons with a similar number of grafts.

Though it doesn't look terrible either.

If I were you I'd wait until you have enough money for a procedure by a surgeon that's known to be reputable before you use anymore donar hairs up.

Check out Bisanga in Belgium or fargo if the UK.

Yes i agree, i guessed what i saved in money i lost in donor hairs, but hey ho you live and learn.

jimbob,

At 11 months post-op you may still have more caliber maturation left to fulfill. And as I have stated before many times over the years that hair caliber is the single most important factor in achieving the illusion of coverage.

You may find that when you get between 12 months and 18 months post-op that the temple points will look better because of the caliber maturation.

Then again, it's hard to evaluate caliber maturation when compared in shorter time intervals. If it were myself, I would not add any more to the temporal lobe areas until you have at least 18 months behind this last procedure.

And I agree, you look great at this point in time!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin