Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stylus187
    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Tracy C
    The FDA "approves" medications, not devices. The FDA "clears" devices. In order to get FDA clearance, Lexington had to prove both safety and efficacy - and they proved it more than once.

I've been using my laser comb for over four years. I know what it does. I am getting appreciable benefit from using it so I am going to continue to use it.
    I believe in "my" situation, I might help stop measurable hair loss before it is extremely too late!!! "I truly believe mind over matter"!

Follicle, what was your level of hair loss before deciding to use LLLT? IM very particular about my looks, I always have been. Im using the brush to maintain what healthy, and striving to be healthy hair follicles that remain on my scalp! Im starting to be a little more sensitive to peoples needs. I def notice this devastates people a little harder then myself. My friend, I have no idea if anything "period" truly works! I don't believe if you have a shiny patch of hair loss, meaning i can see your scalp, no lasercomb is not gonna give you what you hope for. I believe just like the comb is advertised, it "promotes" and stimulates growth!!!

Back to your question.... show me proof...... The internet is full of before and after photos of all non and FDA approved treatments. In every single damn photo, there is always growth. Back to your question, I have no idea?????.... I can conclude this, I'm willing to try. The placebo effect can work wonders! If you wake every morning saying, im gonna be sick, I'm gonna be depressed, I'm gonna be mad all day, Guess what, You will!!! I will not lay down and let life's terms on any level beat my Human spirit down!!!

Real Quick, 15 years ago, would you believe me If I told you a laser could actually whiten your teeth??? How about a laser correcting your eye sight? Why is the belief of laser treatment for hair growth any different? I'm a little off subject. I just want to open some views, and express my own.
    Best wishes
    Stylus187

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
      • May 2011

I still have an ok amount of hair. A bit of a sneaky styling and it looks passable sometimes. I've never tried LLLT but they always play tricks with the lights and parting of the hair in photos I've seen.

Tracy you're right about the whole approved and cleared thing but, correct me if I'm wrong here, but the point I was trying to make is that it is FDA cleared because it is safe, not because it helps hairloss. Call me out on that if I'm wrong as I haven't checked up on it but I vaguely seem to recall Joe Tillman talking about it ages ago.

Wish the power of suggestion grew me some hair.

I'm not a negative Neddy but I do believe the laser comb is a scam unfortunately. It might improve the appearance of your hair like brushing or blowing drying might but I'm extremely skeptical it does anything to help with hairloss. I believe they can be pretty expensive so I'd just rather not see someone scammed.

Tracy, if you've been using minoxidil for the last 4 years too (I don't know if you have or haven't) you can't know for sure that the laser comb is helping. I hope it is but I can't see how.

Comment

• Tracy C
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Follicle Death Row
        I'm not a negative Neddy but I do believe the laser comb is a scam unfortunately.
        We can agree to disagree and still be friends.

Tracy, if you've been using minoxidil for the last 4 years too (I don't know if you have or haven't) you can't know for sure that the laser comb is helping. I hope it is but I can't see how.
        As I have said many times, for the first six months of treating my hair loss, I used only the laser comb - and nothing else. I saw improvement and others saw improvement. If others were seeing a difference in my hair, the effect is appreciable. My sister even bought one for herself after she had seen what using the laser comb had done for my hair. My sister and I both suffer with hair loss. Since I am older than her, my hair loss was much worse than hers. Anyways, it improved her hair as well.

So yes, I can be certain that using the laser comb improved my hair - and the improvement was noticeable. It did "something" and that something it did was appreciable and beneficial. I didn't even know there was any controversy over it until I joined this forum.

...correct me if I'm wrong here, but the point I was trying to make is that it is FDA cleared because it is safe, not because it helps hairloss.
        In order to get the FDA clearance, Lexington had to prove both safety and efficacy. They had to do so more than once. A great example is the recent clearance they received for treating female hair loss. Lexington had to do a completely separate study to prove efficacy in treating female hair loss. The FDA already knew the laser comb was safe but they made Lexington prove efficacy in treating female hair loss. The study did prove efficacy so they got the clearance for treating female hair loss. That clearance would not have happened if the laser comb did nothing at all.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
          • May 2011

Of course we can agree to disagree and still be friends.

Debate is healthy. I'll keep an open mind to LLLT for female hair loss for the time being. As for MPB, there's simply no way I can see it working given the science. I'll have a look at that Lexington study some time.

Comment

• marikeo
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by philippe
            Hi all,

I am already on propecia (8 months now) and minoxidil (a few years) and the results have been fair. I cut down my propecia dosage to .5 mg at about the 5 month mark and definitely noticed an improvement--I truly believe my prolonged shedding was due to my oversensitivity to the drug. My goal is to halt my hair loss and if I can regrow a little then why not ;-)

I have been giving laser combs some thought--can anyone attest to laser combs benefiting them? I would love to hear some feedback on this topic.

Look forward to hearing from you!
            New to the forum so sharing my experience.

I used the Hairmax Lasercomb (I believe it was 9 lasers) for about 11 months. No benefit. Initially I thought I was getting a cosmetic benefit but if so, it did not last.

I then build a laser helmet based using 300 diode lasers. Again, initially very good root lift which was a cosmetic benefit. Then I shed like crazy. Worst I have every had. Shedding stabilized after 6 months. I stuck with it for 15 months and then eventually gave up. No long-term benefits for me.

Good luck.

Comment

• Tracy C
              • Sep 2011

LLLT does not work for everyone. I have continued to benefit from using my laser comb for over four years. I do agree that the benefit is cosmetic to some degree. What LLLT does is it increases the caliber, increases the strength and improves the quality of the hair that you have, including hair that has grown back from using Minoxidil. For some people that may not be enough. For me it was and still is enough to keep using it. However, I can easily see how that benefit would not be appreciable to someone who has large patches that are void of hair and have been that way for a long time.

Comment

• Steve6821
                • Oct 2015

Laser Comb Folilaser - http://folilaser.com Used for about two years. Seems to work for me. I could just be lucky and my hair loss would have slowed down anyway. However over the past two years my hair loss has bee minimal. I don't use any drugs for my hair.

Comment

• polios
                  • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Steve6821
                  Laser Comb Folilaser - http://folilaser.com Used for about two years. Seems to work for me. I could just be lucky and my hair loss would have slowed down anyway. However over the past two years my hair loss has bee minimal. I don't use any drugs for my hair.
                  Did you really just register here to post this in this old and inactive thread? What was the status of your hair when you started your treatment?

Comment

• Geo88
                    • Mar 2018

Good stuff

Comment

• pajason
                      • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Geo88
                      Good stuff
                      I think it works better for women than men. For men as a stand alone treatment its pretty much worthless. Combine it with propecia and maybe it helps a bit. Basically I don't think it makes a cosmetically noticeable difference for most people.

Comment

• Sean
                        • Jan 2011

I haven’t seen any photographic evidence of substantial growth from the use of them. Nor have i seen it in person in few folks that tried them. Some folks claim lasercaps (not combs) grew some hairs but even when I analyzed photos it was very hard to see a distinct difference in before and after photos.

Then there were other outliers to those photos as some folks had prp treatment as well and that could have made some hairs look thicker. Not sure which treatment was the actual cause of thickening.

For now it seems it may be suttle to none change in men. I agree, women may have a different result. Very hard to guage though.

Comment

• BaldNoBaldness
                          • Jan 2020

Yes, lasers promote hair growth and they really work. It's actually the fastest therapy for hair loss designed for home use. Compared with other treatments, like the ones based on drugs, low-level laser therapy is 4x times faster and more effective. The whole process is totally safe, the FDA approves it too. It's designed for both women and men, the hair type doesn't play an important role so it should be a perfect treatment for everyone. Check any of these best hair growth devices and see if they work or not. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Comment

• DrManzoor
                            • Mar 2020

In 1970 a Hungarian doctor were trying to see if these red lasers would help reduce skin cancer but instead he found that it actually promoted hair growth.
                            This type of Laser hair growth device will work for certain types of hair loss (not all). Other than this these devices are FDA cleared and we all know FDA don't give clearance before testing a medical device.

Comment

• jdlondon
                              • Mar 2019

Hi guys,

Has anyone had experience with the hairmax laser cap? Did it work for anyone?
                              Cheers.

J

Comment

• Oyster
                                • Jan 2012

From personal experience, I can tell you that they do work. I'm sure not every brand is the same etc, and I don't wanna tell mine's as this is not the question, but yes, they do work. But don't expect miracles, you need to be patient. I started to see some sort of difference after several months of religious using.

Comment

Working...