X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bananana
    Inactive
    • Feb 2012

Hi guys.

Just wondering about intake of tocotrienols and sunflower seeds (rich in tocopherol alpha see table number 2) - it should probably be in different times of day?
    Since tocotrienols and tocopherol don't go well together in big quantities.
    I started eating 20-50 grams (around 25 mg of tocopherol alpha) of sunflower seeds daily 3 weeks ago (they taste quite good ).

I'm still waiting on my toco from swanson - they had some issues with shipping apparently...

ps - I think the best method for assessing the results would be taking photos at baseline, 3 months and 6 months. Looking in the mirror every other day and expecting a miracle isn't fruitful.

Comment

• sausage
      • Jan 2012

no idea...

I got some free sample sachet of pre workout raspberry lemonade powder.

Weird stuff, tasted like raspberry sherbert mixed with paracetamol.

Just worked out. Feel knackered. 6x heavy weight rows on my multigym, gonna get hench.

Gotta get me one of those t shirts that says 'get hench or die trying'.

Or maybe one that says 'get hair or die trying'

Comment

• Kirby_
        • Jan 2012

These supplements don't happen to contain Vitamin E succinate, do they?

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Kirby_
          These supplements don't happen to contain Vitamin E succinate, do they?
          Don't believe so, its just the plain vanilla 4 chains each of the pherols and trienols.

Comment

• Jan 2012

another reason to take toco-8?

Malignant murine melanoma (BL6-F10) cells convert arachidonic acid primarily to PGD2, PGF2alpha, PGE2, PGI2 in descending order of magnitude. Supplementation with 1-10 microg/ml vitamin E succinate resulted in a significant (P < or = 0.05) decrease in PGD2 levels at vitamin concentrations of 3, 5 &#8230;

Supplementation with 1-10 microg/ml vitamin E succinate resulted in a significant (P < or = 0.05) decrease in PGD2 levels at vitamin concentrations of 3, 5, 7 and 10 microg/ml respectively...

and now this:

According to recent discovery by the researchers, it is said that Prostaglandin D2 is an abnormal amount of a protein in the bald scalp of men with male pattern baldness. In both human and animal models, a prostaglandin known as PGD2 and its derivative , 15-dPGJ 2, inhibit hair growth. The PGD2-related inhibition occurred through a receptor which is a therapeutic target for androgenetic alopecia in both men and women with hair loss and thinning.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
              • Oct 2011

Perhaps thats why it has worked for some folks to stave off the progression...those who have much higher levels of PGD2 get more benefit.
              -------
              Smallish update from me on my nearing one month use of toco8.

I got my hair cut on Feb 28th (started Toco8 Feb 29th) and plan to get it cut with the stylist every 6 weeks....but already I'm feeling it needs to be cut. Perhaps its just unwarranted enthusiasm but it does seem like my hair has grown faster and is somewhat thicker. Can't really say density wise. I also feel that my facial hair is growing faster too. I generally only shave every 3 days but lately it seems like 3 days is pushing it with what I feel comfortable sporting. I've done a terrible job of "tracking" the hair though...I'm doing what I can to minimize the thoughts about it. I've actually had a fantastic last 3-4 weeks and have not had any depressive periods. I joke more about it to myself in the mirror in the morning too, I suppose that helps We'll see when I get my hair cut if that attitude changes and the thinning becomes a bit more obvious.

I have noticed my scalp has stopped itching in the last couple weeks also. Prior to starting this I'd get random head itches throughout the day - but the last couple weeks its been no more then a normal head scratch. Only thing that has changed in my regimen is the addition of Toco8.

Comment

• Jan 2012

what else is in your regimen?

Comment

• sausage
                  • Jan 2012

I have been taking it for a week and have not noticed anything yet.

My hair, both beard and head is not growing faster which most people seem to say happens.

Early days though...

Also good to hear that it apparently decreases PGD2 levels.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by sausage
                    I have been taking it for a week and have not noticed anything yet.

My hair, both beard and head is not growing faster which most people seem to say happens.

Early days though...

Also good to hear that it apparently decreases PGD2 levels.
                    I put toco in my protein shake, is this advisable?

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by 2020
                      what else is in your regimen?
                      Well, as it relates to my hair specifically only two things.

I started using TOWEL DRY THICKENING Shampoo every 1 or 2 days since December at the suggestion of the stylist.

I started taking Toco8 beginning of this month.

But other supplements I take are:
                      Daily 1200mg Fish Oil (sometimes twice/day)

Daily 1000IU Vitamin D

Daily Nutrilite Multivitamin

I've been taking the Nutrilite for probably 20 years, the Vitamin D since November? and the Fish Oil since mid-January.

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
                      I put toco in my protein shake, is this advisable?
                      I don't see why it wouldn't be. I can't imagine it would lessen the effectiveness. Might want to query Primordial Performance though see what they say.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by NotBelievingIt
                        Well, as it relates to my hair specifically only two things.

I started using TOWEL DRY THICKENING Shampoo every 1 or 2 days since December at the suggestion of the stylist.

I started taking Toco8 beginning of this month.

But other supplements I take are:
                        Daily 1200mg Fish Oil (sometimes twice/day)

Daily 1000IU Vitamin D

Daily Nutrilite Multivitamin

I've been taking the Nutrilite for probably 20 years, the Vitamin D since November? and the Fish Oil since mid-January.

I don't see why it wouldn't be. I can't imagine it would lessen the effectiveness. Might want to query Primordial Performance though see what they say.
                        Is your regime helping?

Comment

• AgainstThis
                          • Jan 2011

I'm interested in this.

And there's seriously not one guy with before/after toco pictures? In all the internet? Seriously?

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by AgainstThis
                            I'm interested in this.

And there's seriously not one guy with before/after toco pictures? In all the internet? Seriously?
                            tbh at best you will probably get maintainence, which if so, nothing really to document.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
                              Is your regime helping?
                              For the hair? meh I have no idea to be honest. I'm really not tracking the changes from month to month. I will say that my hair seems more dry since using the TOWEL DRY. Though I think I'm going to change that come next hair cut. I'll get a day/hours before from front, top and back and then an after photo of the same.

I've mentioned before...at this point I'm not terribly concerned about losing it, I'm far more worried about looking bad.

We'll see if that changes as the loss increases.

Comment

• bananana
                                Inactive
                                • Feb 2012

My 6-months toco dose finally arrived.

A quick question - I've been eating around 50 grams of sunflower seeds for a month now. BUT they're loaded with tocopherols (alpha the most), so that doesn't go well with tocotrienols - what do you suggest?

1. Do I quit eating sunflower seeds for good?
                                2. Do I eat sunflower seeds maybe a few hours apart from toco?
                                (and how many hours?) Also should I lower the seed intake?

What do you think?

Ps, I'm also drinking soy milk and eating hot peppers for a month now.
                                Maybe it will make a good combo with toco hairwise, since both things are good for the hair.
                                I lost a couple of pounds already, I can ride a bike for almost 20 kilometres now with no fatigue, I can do 30 pushups standing on my hands (legs above head), and something else - chicks DIG me like never before!
                                I'm in this new college now (economics), and 2 girls have fallen in love and admitted it to me, 2 more really like me, one of them is a local singing star.
                                I mean what the **** - can you believe this?! And I told them I don't want a relationship etc... (because of my hair problem - but ofc they don't know it).
                                But the more I push them away the more they want me!
                                Crazy shit!

Comment

Working...