Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clandestine
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Erick
    So what is the conclusion of this thread? Yes or No for Toco-8?
    Maybe.

Also, I have no faith in anything freddiegemini says.

clandestine, out!

Comment

• JJJJrS
      • Apr 2012

It's always difficult judging these treatments because you don't know what the condition of your hair would be like without them. Even something that slows down your hair loss would be great but it's very difficult to prove something like that since nobody knows how each person will progress.

I've been on it for 6 months now I think. My hair is holding up and maybe it's improved the health of my existing hairs. Overall though, I don't think anyone should expect any regrowth or anything like that. I think it's a vitamin supplement that's good for your overall health but I really can't say how effective it is for treating MPB.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by JJJJrS
        It's always difficult judging these treatments because you don't know what the condition of your hair would be like without them. Even something that slows down your hair loss would be great but it's very difficult to prove something like that since nobody knows how each person will progress.

I've been on it for 6 months now I think. My hair is holding up and maybe it's improved the health of my existing hairs. Overall though, I don't think anyone should expect any regrowth or anything like that. I think it's a vitamin supplement that's good for your overall health but I really can't say how effective it is for treating MPB.
        I agree.

Its almost a double edge sword. If I stop taking it, will I start losing it faster? Was it saving what was there? Is it slowing the loss? AHHHHH

You simply never know.

Additionally, if "the big 3" are supposed to be given a year, you can't expect something non-traditional to be given anything less.

October is the start of my 7th month. I started March 1st with Toco8.

Comment

• clandestine
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by NotBelievingIt
          October is the start of my 7th month. I started March 1st with Toco8.
          Nice, good consistency. I'm around 6 months myself, though there were brief periods off of it.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by clandestine
            Nice, good consistency. I'm around 6 months myself, though there were brief periods off of it.
            Consistency of dosage is a little off though. I was doing it one bottle every two months, then did two months of one bottle each and I'm back on two month schedule now I realized with the last purchase.

I just hate paying for stuff heh. I'm a tight wad in many cases.

$~30/month I can *easily* afford, hell with just my meager dividend income from investments alone I can afford many things if I needed to divert my actual working income...but I currently reinvest it all immediately rather then take the cash...anyway.

Comment

• tj0
              • Aug 2012

hey guys. i've read so many conflicting reviews all over the net about toco's and i keep reading how toco's are making people hairy everywhere except their heads. isn't a sign of raised testosterone and dht increased body hair? nobody has reported any significant thickening of their scalp hair. some scattered in reviews on a bunch of different forums that are saying "they think or it might be making their hair look better and fuller" but nothing really substantial. just that 1 study from when? 07?

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by tj0
                hey guys. i've read so many conflicting reviews all over the net about toco's and i keep reading how toco's are making people hairy everywhere except their heads. isn't a sign of raised testosterone and dht increased body hair? nobody has reported any significant thickening of their scalp hair. some scattered in reviews on a bunch of different forums that are saying "they think or it might be making their hair look better and fuller" but nothing really substantial. just that 1 study from when? 07?
                I quit toco, don't think it did much. One of my temple points, receeded slightly despite being on this stuff.

Hard to say if it has done anything tbh aside from give me more energy at the gym.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                  • Oct 2011

News flash:
                  Primordial Performance, suppliers of Toco8, have gone out of business. I'm not going to quote anything from the note posted on their website, but suffice to say the FDA raided them, seized assets and have prevented the future sale of their AndroSeries products which accounted for 80% of revenue and they are shuttering. The operation was tight margin apparently so losing 80% of revenue shatters margins into the negatives.

Looks like I'm moving on to the Jarrow TocoSorb.

Comment

• clandestine
                    • Aug 2011

Eh, I stopped taking it as well. Dead end, in my books. Interesting news to hear, though.

Comment

• bananana
                      Inactive
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by clandestine
                      Eh, I stopped taking it as well. Dead end, in my books. Interesting news to hear, though.
                      Seems very odd because they had a good reputation in body building niche..

I stopped using toco after around 6 months because I havent seen a goddamn thing, no change, no lowered itch, no lowered oil, no increased growth. no nothing.

A dead end.

Comment

• Kirby_
                        • Jan 2012

^ same here, 6 months and absolutely no progress. Nothing. Shame to see another business go under though.

Comment

• bananana
                          Inactive
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Kirby_
                          ^ same here, 6 months and absolutely no progress. Nothing. Shame to see another business go under though.
                          Yes, maybe its a foul play from bigger companies.. Getting rid of competition. I wouldn't be surprised. Unfortunately.

Comment

• Jan 2012

toco-8 is just a brand name for the patented mix of tocotrienols/tocopherols... it's still available in many places under a different name. Science looks good actually http://www.tocotrienol.org/images/st...may%202010.pdf

Comment

• bananana
                              Inactive
                              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by 2020
                              toco-8 is just a brand name for the patented mix of tocotrienols/tocopherols... it's still available in many places under a different name. Science looks good actually http://www.tocotrienol.org/images/st...may%202010.pdf
                              Yup, I read that. But even as theory is great - it doesnt work that way in practice, at least not on me.

Has anyone here experienced any regrowth or any results whatsoever with toco?

Comment

• doesitwork
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by bananana
                                Yup, I read that. But even as theory is great - it doesnt work that way in practice, at least not on me.

Has anyone here experienced any regrowth or any results whatsoever with toco?
                                I have experienced a big difference in hair count. I also noticed my hair darkening a couple shades after about a year of use.

Mostly I buy the Healthy Origins Tocomin SupraBio from swansonvitamins.com because I've shopped like crazy and it seems to be the best buy. I was taking Jarrow Toco-Sorb, but Healthy Origins beats them for cost for what you get.

Comment

Working...