• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 35YrsAfter
    Doctor Representative
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ejj
    Hi Jetfan,

Beard into scar takes a while to grow so I will get some more pictures up soon, I am really lucky to have the beard donor to make improvements, I feel sorry for those who have exhausted their donor and have no chance of a repair.

Talk Soon

ej
    Looking good. Your hair on top is looking solid. It's one thing to have a strip scar and reasonable coverage on top. It's particularly distressing for those men who have donor scars and thin to no hair on top. Beard hair works great for repair work as well as thickening things up where needed. It does look natural and blends right in when placed correctly.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• ejj
      • Dec 2010

Thanks for the comments Chuck, much appreciated.

Here are three photographs, the last one taken this morning, I feel I have come a long way from my acell experience.

ej

Comment

• sp8rky
        • Jul 2012

That's possibly the worst closure I have ever seen on a strip scar, and I've seen a lot!

Comment

• ejj
          • Dec 2010

In total 3800 grafts from my face/chin, I have no visible marks or scarring from these extractions, or visible areas of thinning, the extraction pattern was well planned from the outset.

ejj

Comment

• ejj
            • Dec 2010

It is hard to explain the immense feeling of freedom these repair procedures have given me. I have been given my life back!

I no longer have to avoid social events or position myself so that others cannot see the back of my head, I no longer feel utter terror on a windy day, when my hair was blown, and people ask if I have been in an accident! I can actually cut and style my hair!

These things are so easily taken for granted, research is key, if in doubt do nothing.

ej
            Last edited by ejj; 11-06-2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• ejj
              • Dec 2010

The left hand side scar has grown out pretty well also

Here are some pictures below. I think the repairs have made a big difference to me, I am in a much better place.

Cheers

ej

Comment

• sp8rky
                • Jul 2012

Omg that's a worse strip closure than the other side, it's not even closed, did the janitor do this?

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                  Doctor Representative
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ejj
                  The left hand side scar has grown out pretty well also

Here are some pictures below. I think the repairs have made a big difference to me, I am in a much better place.

Cheers

ej
                  What a transformation! Looks really great. Dr. Cole did around 300 beard on top for me about a week and a half ago. Beard hair feels "spiky" as the transplanted hair continues to grow for a while before going into its normal brief resting phase. The caliber is generally thicker than scalp hair, but beard blends right in with existing scalp hair.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
                  The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
                  Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• ejj
                    • Dec 2010

Thanks Chuck, I feel blessed to have the amount and quality of beard hair that I have. It certainly comes in useful to repair the strip scarring I am not so blessed with. I read doctor Cole achieves a really high yield with beard due to his storage solutions. Could you elaborate on this as its of interest not only to myself, but I am sure other repair clients also.

Let us know how you're beard grafts come along

All the best

ej

Comment

• ejj
                      • Dec 2010

updated donor picture

Here is a close up picture I took this morning. Total extractions from this area now is 3800 grafts.

Cheers

ej

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                        Doctor Representative
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ejj
                        I read doctor Cole achieves a really high yield with beard due to his storage solutions. Could you elaborate on this as its of interest not only to myself, but I am sure other repair clients also.
                        I believe there's several things that contribute to good graft yield. Dr. Cole uses an electric chilling device that keeps the HypoThermosol graft storage solution at a consistent low temperature. Depending upon the procedure, PRP is mixed into the graft storage solution.

Chuck

Comment

• caphead
                          • Aug 2011

an even WORSE closure

Originally posted by sp8rky
                          That's possibly the worst closure I have ever seen on a strip scar, and I've seen a lot!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	scarring-before-and current.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	439245Click image for larger version

Name:	right-rear-scarring-before-and current.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	439246

Repaired by Dr. Umar

Comment

• ejj
                            • Dec 2010

Booked a haircut for next week so hope to update soon

ejj

Comment

• Aztec
                              • Aug 2014

Congratulations ejj, your results are awesome!

Comment

• ejj
                                • Dec 2010

Thanks Aztec, much appreciated. I don`t update as much now as the veterans thread is difficult to find.
                                ej

Comment

Working...