Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoSox
    • Jun 2010

Am I ugly with shaved head?

Do I look bad with a shaved head? Be honest.

My diffuse thinning has kept me from growing it any longer than 1 inch. I hate short hair.. i feel like my face is so disformed with no hair :/
  • VictimOfDHT
    • Apr 2011

No you're not, but of course hair is always better than bald. You dont look like u're losing hair though.

Comment

• BoSox
      • Jun 2010

People on this forum have said that I don't have MPB.. This picture looks like I have a full head of hair.. but truth is I'm starting to thin out on top in a clear pattern baldness. I've been using concealers when I had it a little longer to hide it.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
        • Feb 2011

Dude, you really don't look bad at all. Trust me, I wouldn't be responding if I thought you did look bad. Some people look like space aliens when they're bald, but you don't look that way at all. Your hairline is reasonably intact and if you kept it that length, most people wouldn't even notice that you're losing your hair; they would just think that you buzzed it short by choice, they wouldn't think you're losing your hair. Matter of fact, I would give anything for your hairline.

Comment

• whynot
          • May 2010

Honestly, if you keep it at that length, there isn't a person in the world who'd recognize you as a MPB sufferer. It looks great - since your hairline is intact, it comes off as a style choice, rather than a necessity.

Comment

• ParraPhil
            • Sep 2011

Photo

It looks fine in the current photo presented.

Bend your head at the camera so we can see the top.

Comment

• BoSox
              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by ParraPhil
              It looks fine in the current photo presented.

Bend your head at the camera so we can see the top.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• 8868alex
                • May 2010

A head to be proud of. Don't know how anyone would say differant. The pics above your head may appear to show some scalp but taking into account the hair length and overhead lighting I reckon your situation is completely fine. Even if things started to look a little worrying in a few years, the current treatments should help and I imagine that the new ones (Replicel, Histogen, etc) will be well on your way. Hope the positive comments help. You should get off the forum and enjoy life!

Comment

• BoSox
                  • Jun 2010

I can't thank you guys enough. I am very optimistic of future treatments.. maybe that's why I'm able to carry on.

I'm just trying to get use to a shaved head, it's very difficult but all you guys know best so I'm feeling a lot more confident in my own skin now.

Thank you.

Comment

• Still-Researching
                    • Feb 2010

Just wanted to echo everyone else. I think you look great with that haircut.
                    Enjoy life.
                    Cheers,

Comment

• mattj
                      Doctor Representative
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
                      Dude, you really don't look bad at all. Trust me, I wouldn't be responding if I thought you did look bad.
                      I'd keep quiet too.

The shaved head definitely works on you.
                      I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                        • May 2011

What are you doing on the forums dude? Looks very solid. Doesn't look like you're losing and you can definitely pull off the really tight hairstyle. Even if you do have MPB you shouldn't be worrying about this for a number of years yet. Anyways you could probably wait it out for Replicel or someone else years down the line. If you do have MPB in the genes you're in a great position. Time is definitely on your side. You can relax about it. Best of luck.

Comment

• 8868alex
                          • May 2010

Nice to see everyone being positive on a thread. It's a pleasure to read these type of comments. Spencer refers to his site as an online support group and this typifies what he is intending.

Bravo guys!

Comment

• Tracy C
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by BoSox
                            My diffuse thinning has kept me from growing it any longer than 1 inch. I hate short hair...
                            Why do you think your hair is thinning? Have you had any doctor take a look at you in person?.. Online consultations do not count.

No you are not ugly.

Comment

• SBTRKT
                              • Aug 2011

You look good with a shaven head. It's looks to me as if you MAY be losing you hair but it's certainly only minor hair loss.

You could look into finasteride if you want to risk chemical castration to maintain your hair.

Comment

Working...