Rogaine - does it work on font of scalp?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 19Delta
    • May 2011

Rogaine - does it work on font of scalp?

Hi all,
    I'm 34. I've just begun to notice thinning on the front of my scalp near my part line on the front of my scalp. This started a few months ago and has become mildly noticeable in the mirror. My hairline has never really receded (never experienced/noticed hair loss until now). Here's my question: is Rogaine effective for the front of the scalp? Is there any way to reverse what's starting to happen (oral or topical)? I notice more change/thinning each haircut.

Many thanks,
    19D
  • Dr James DeYarman
    • Nov 2008

Scalp treatment

Rogaine will work on any part of the body if there are hair follicles present. The reason the bottle says it only works on the back of the head is that is the only area the FDA approved it for. Rogaine was derived from a hypertensive medication called Loniten and when people took the drug they would have increased hair growth over their entire body. Remember when using Rogaine it has to be massaged into the tissue for it to be efective. Rogaine is a scalp treatment not a hair treatment and use it twice a day and you should see some results. Good luck. Dr DeYarman

Comment

• melwou7245
      • Aug 2011

It sure does - the doc summed it up perfectly. I posted pics a few days ago on this same forum showing the results I've gotten from Rogaine in 3 months and even though the results on the middle and back of my scalp have been more noticeable, there is definite improvement on my frontal hairline.

Comment

• gorge49
        • Sep 2021

Comment

• clensei
          • Oct 2021

Originally posted by melwou7245
          It sure does - the doc summed it up perfectly. I posted pics a few days ago on this same forum showing the results I've gotten from Rogaine in 3 months and even though the results on the middle and back of my scalp have been more noticeable, there is definite improvement on my frontal hairline.
          Yeah it summed up perfectly.

Comment

Working...