Threaded View

Default Hasson & Wong & women patients

Greetings,

I am researching HT. I am a "2" with diffuse thinning limited to the hairline to less than midway of my crown. It isn't noticeable to many people but it is to ME. And I am Oh so picky about my hair.

In my research, it seems that women are often dissatisfied with their results because the density isn't what they hoped for.

Hasson and Wong are well-regarded and seem to get excellent results, BUT I'm curious as to why more women aren't using them. A video with Dr Hasson says women comprise about 10% of their patients. The article on women s hair loss says about 50% of women experience hair loss (a higher percentage than I've seen elsewhere).

But the site in general, photo's and videos are so male oriented.

I don't get it. I *think* they shave. Could that be the reason. I'm sure it's even harder for women to allow photo's to be posted but I see other surgeons with many more photo's of women. I want to understand why. Because I would put them in my top spot as choice but this factor really bothers me. Anyone?

I can't tell you how hairloss has plagued my self-esteem. I live in a HOT place (Record heat summer) and every time I walk outside I wonder if people are looking at my scalp. Overhead lights make my stomach clench. If I'm in a dark restaurant, I really think the waiter or bartender or whomever is seeing my scalp shining through. So, I'm willing to go anywhere to get the BEST results. Who is best for women?

Any insight is appreciated.

One last thing, I haven't been able to find if either doctor has a specialty...say if density is your deal go to XXX if you want hairline.. so and so is better.

Thanks in advance,
    Tina