Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoSox
    • Jun 2010

How long can I keep what I got? (Pics)

This has been my hair for the last 3 years.. family and friends swear it hasn't changed.. i feel like It has gotten thinner.

With Propecia (4yrs now) and Rogaine .. is it possible to hold on to what I have? Or should I be planning on a HT.

My hair is very fine all over, so I don't think I'm a candidate for a HT, but then again I'm new to that procedure.

Is it possible for me to get a HT? Can I repair my hairline? Or should I be more patient.. I'm afraid I can't wait 3-5 years until these new treatments are ready :/

• LarryDavid
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by BoSox
    Can I repair my hairline?
    What do you want to repair? lol

Comment

• mattj
      Doctor Representative
      • Oct 2009

Fine hair doesn't rule you out as a candidate.

How old are you? You really aren't in such a bad state at all.
      I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• BoSox
        • Jun 2010

Sorry, I forgot to mention my age

27 in September.

I'm just uncomfortable with my hairline.. I use Dermatch on the top to conceal a little thinning, but my hairline is something that bothers me.

Comment

• DAVE52
          • Sep 2010

Your hairline looks fine
          I n fact you look good all over
          You could IMO cut your hair shorter and it would still look good on you

Comment

• mothernature
            • Mar 2011

you are not balding whatsoever you have a mature hairline
            you have great hair
            no surgeon will give you a HT

Comment

• Mr. 4000
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by mothernature
              you are not balding whatsoever you have a mature hairline
              you have great hair
              no surgeon will give you a HT
              yes they will, it is money and profit

but don't do it man, just get your self on a pure clean diet, and natural health approach.

Comment

• mattj
                Doctor Representative
                • Oct 2009

As for your question in the title, there's really no way of knowing how long you can keep what you've got. Hairloss is difficult to predict, and it's just as hard to tell what the meds will do for you in the long term.

It does look like you have a mature hairline, but it's worth pointing out that every receded hairline does at some point and you could recede further. It does look like you've lost some density at the front, I'd guess that further back things are still solid
                The positives: Your hair isn't bad at all, and considering that you're 27 and that your hair has remained the same for three years, your hairloss doesn't seem to be aggressive.

My point of view is that your hair looks great as it is and you shouldn't let it impact on your self esteem, but at the same time, if it does bother you a lot (I realise it's hard for the positive comments we're making to have any impact on how you perceive yourself) then I don't think you're actually a bad candidate at all. You have numerous things working in your favour. Your hair looks to be of a good density throughout most of your scalp and, as I mentioned already, your hairloss doesn't seem to be aggressive during the years when Norwood 6 patterns often develop on men who are destined for that degree of loss.

Almost forgot, where do you feel your hair has become thinner over the past three years?
                Last edited by mattj; 08-10-2011, 10:36 AM.
                I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• Mr. 4000
                  • Jul 2009

Sorry, I forgot to mention my age

27 in September.

I'm just uncomfortable with my hairline.. I use Dermatch on the top to conceal a little thinning, but my hairline is something that bothers me.
                  wait until you are 35, and see where your are

if you continue to lose it quickly you will be chasing it which will cost you over 30-50k, in no time.

If you don't do anything it will cost you the amount you are spending on drugs

i have very thin hair as well, the hairline is hard to artistically match, so make sure you go to a great doctor if you do make the bad choice of a HT. My hairline work doesn't match the nature hair especially in the corners of the temple, it is a nightmare to style.

Make sure you go to a doctor that does great hairline and understands to word "LOWER" Most docs like to keep the hairline high cause they don't have to skill.

good luck

Comment

• BoSox
                    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by mattj
                    Almost forgot, where do you feel your hair has become thinner over the past three years?

Thanks for the response, and I fully agree with you. These positive comments do help. I've posted pictures before of my diffuse thinning ontop, you can clearly see the pattern.. I use thinning concealer for now.. but like I said, my hair hasn't changed really last couple of years.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                      • Feb 2011

Man, I'd give my left nut to have the head of hair that you do. Your hair looks great; I wouldn't even consider a hair transplant. I would give anything to be in your situation, as would most people on this message board I think.

Comment

• BoSox
                        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
                        Man, I'd give my left nut to have the head of hair that you do. Your hair looks great; I wouldn't even consider a hair transplant. I would give anything to be in your situation, as would most people on this message board I think.
                        I guess I'm making things worse then they seem. I appriciate your guys' honesty. I'm just concerned about my future, I struggle with depression and losing my hair terrifies me.

Comment

• DAVE52
                          • Sep 2010

just concerned about my future, I struggle with depression and losing my hair terrifies me.
                          Seriously your hair looks great
                          Not trying to scare you but try cutting your hair a littler shorter each time ..........that way " if " you lose hair you will be accustom to the short hair look. It 's the easier option than goign for a HT and not being satisfied with the results

Now get off the borad and enjoy life

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                            • May 2011

If I hadn't seen your post count I'd swear this was a windup. I don't see what you're seeing. I think at this stage you're worrying over nothing. Hairline looks solid. That looks like a good head of hair to me.

Comment

Working...