Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HairTalk
    • Feb 2011

Why the Interest in TRX2?

There's a thread about TRX2 in this forum that spans thousands of replies. I wonder, why? Is it just good marketing? Are people genuinely piqued by the possible efficacy of this product? What's the deal?

I finally checked out the product's Web site, and it seems the pills contain (http://www.trx2.com/store/wp-content...2_november.jpg),

191mg potassium chloride (a simple salt compound)
    150mcg biotin (vitamin B7)
    800mg carnitine (a biologically important protein)
    150mg leucine (just an essential amino acid)
    75mg isoleucine (another essential amino acid)
    75mg valine (yet another essential amino acid)
    40mg nicotinic acid (vitamin B3)

Of course, you can break down any compound to its elemental constituents, then say, "that's not so special," but none of these substances has any clinically-proved direct effect on treating hairloss. Sure, if you're starving, so not getting enough nutrients, hairloss might be a side-effect (then, a supplement/pill that gives you some of what you're deprived of could help you grow back some), but that isn't "male pattern baldness." Of the seven ingredients listed by the manufacturer, you'll take in all the amino acids and vitamins in your diet (if you have a healthy one); that's five components.

Then, it comes to about $70.00/bottle — that is, a month's supply — for some carnitine and KCl, neither of which has been linked to re-growth of hair or even to impeding androgenic alopecia.

So, why all the interest?
  • BoSox
    • Jun 2010

Why the interest? Well at first it was just another hair loss treatment with some "promise" for results. People are desperate, I think if TRX2 works it will be good until hair cloning is ready.

Besides there are people who are seeing good results 3 months in. Chances are after another 3 or so more months they will ( hopefully ) do even better.

Comment

• Thinning@30
      • Mar 2010

I don't get it either. I think maybe at the beginning people saw that Thomas Whitfield had legitimate credentials, and were hopeful that someone with a legitimate scientific reputation wouldn't be part of a scam. Now that the product has been on the market for months and Whitfield has yet to publish a single photograph, or any sort of objective data to support his claims, I think it is becoming obvious that this is just another scam. Even the testimonials on the TRX2 website are completely underwhelming. All you see are a bunch of comments along the lines of "Gee this seems to have stopped my hair fall (almost)...um I think." Pathetic.

If you follow the TRX2 thread, I don't any of the trialists are having good results. Only one person claims to have had any significant improvement, but based on the lack of coherence in that person's posts, I suspect he may be on more than just hair loss pills, and he has no credibility as far as I'm concerned.

I hope now that TRX2 doesn't seem to be working out, everyone can shift their focus and energy to other treatments that actually show some promise.

Comment

• johnnyboots
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Thinning@30
        I don't get it either. I think maybe at the beginning people saw that Thomas Whitfield had legitimate credentials, and were hopeful that someone with a legitimate scientific reputation wouldn't be part of a scam. Now that the product has been on the market for months and Whitfield has yet to publish a single photograph, or any sort of objective data to support his claims, I think it is becoming obvious that this is just another scam. Even the testimonials on the TRX2 website are completely underwhelming. All you see are a bunch of comments along the lines of "Gee this seems to have stopped my hair fall (almost)...um I think." Pathetic.

If you follow the TRX2 thread, I don't any of the trialists are having good results. Only one person claims to have had any significant improvement, but based on the lack of coherence in that person's posts, I suspect he may be on more than just hair loss pills, and he has no credibility as far as I'm concerned.

I hope now that TRX2 doesn't seem to be working out, everyone can shift their focus and energy to other treatments that actually show some promise.
        i agree,has anyone figured by the time everyone has realized this is bullshit,he will be rich?

Comment

• Flowers
          • Feb 2011

Ok I'll be devil's advocate.
          TRX2 has claimed pics and results are to be released Q3 2011. Until then let's just wait

Comment

• HairTalk
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Flowers
            TRX2 has claimed pics and results are to be released Q3 2011. Until then let's just wait
            Let's not. The product, by the third quarter of 2011, will have been on the market for ~one year, right? That's a lot of money. Let's go ahead and be concerned or annoyed, now.

Comment

• AgainstThis
              • Jan 2011

I don't really think he's selling that much product. Honestly. If he was he'd be spending on an advertising budget of some sort

Apart from that, I'm sticking with this till month 9. Waiting and seeing since I have no other option right now.

I don't recommend buying it until anything is proven, until you're desperate like me and willing to gamble.

If by month 6 I have seen no results or indication of coming results, rest assured that I'll be leading the charge to Whitfield's gates.

Comment

• HairTalk
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by AgainstThis
                I don't really think he's selling that much product. Honestly. If he was he'd be spending on an advertising budget of some sort

Apart from that, I'm sticking with this till month 9. Waiting and seeing since I have no other option right now.

I don't recommend buying it until anything is proven, until you're desperate like me and willing to gamble.

If by month 6 I have seen no results or indication of coming results, rest assured that I'll be leading the charge to Whitfield's gates.
                If you're already in it, then I do wish you the best.

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Flowers
                  Ha ha !! What a load of BS ! So this SOB conman wants us to buy his product first, then he will show us the proof -after 1 year- that his shit works ! This product and the so-called inventor have "scam" written all over them.

All he's trying to do is make as much money as he can within the first year then close doors and run -because eventually the truth will come out and people will stop buying his garbage. This is a classic con operation.

Comment

• Thinning@30
                    • Mar 2010

Ha ha !! What a load of BS ! So this SOB conman wants us to buy his product first, then he will show us the proof -after 1 year- that his shit works ! This product and the so-called inventor have "scam" written all over them.

All he's trying to do is make as much money as he can within the first year then close doors and run -because eventually the truth will come out and people will stop buying his garbage. This is a classic con operation.
                    I think this is exactly what is going on with TRX2. Whitfield, who apparently has a PhD from Oxford, must know what is and what is not good science. If he has a PhD, then he is well-versed in concepts such as statistical significance and what constitutes objective scientific data vs subjective anecdotes. The TRX2 website is full of specious nonsense without the slightest bit of evidence that the product works. Where are the hair counts? Where are the double-blind, placebo-controlled studies? Why is Whitfield asking customers to send in their photos? Did it not occur to him to document TRX2's own "trial" with photographs and objective measures? The whole thing is just so maddening.

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
                      • Apr 2011

This is how I look at it, if a product WORKS, first the inventor will be more than willing, and in fact eager to have his product examined by all (labs, doctors, media, public....) and second, you'll see people lining up at the doors of whatever company that makes such product.

****, if I am too confident about my product I'd pay top money to advertise on the biggest tv stations, newspapers, billboard, buses, taxis.... because I know it will PAY OFF big time after millions of people flock to buy it. However, if you look at those so-called hair loss treatments and their ****ing makers you'll see that ALL of them seem to be hiding in a small corner where they hardly get heard or seen. Just like the little rats and ****roaches that they ARE. It's like they are hoping and praying they NEVER get noticed by the public, so they continue to prey quietly on the few poor desperate people out there, which can still make them a lot of money. This is how they ALL work including this heartless conman Shitfield.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                        • Jan 2011

People wanna dish out their hard earned monies for nothing. Just at the end to complain they got suckered. Once I saw this, read about it, looked through the website, saw the price, snake oil. But the company are profiting from it.

LOL @ Biotin and the amino acids, those are things you can buy separately from any where/bodybuilding.com and comes out way way cheaper than this product.

Biotin, my goodness. That's a product that's makes your hair grow faster, not give you more hair or thicken hair.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Thinning@30

Once I saw that, no pictures or anything, i'm like wow, how can any one fall for this.

Comment

• Flowers
                            • Feb 2011

Anyone taking trx2 is obviously taking a big risk. Any new product is gonna look like a scam so everyone that is so militantly ripping on the people trying it are just being assholes. It's enough of a stretch to buy this stuff knowing it probably won't work so until this is confirmed please shut up and let those who want to try it do so! Don't add insult to injury

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
                              • Apr 2011

No body's ripping on the people, Flowers. We're talking about this crook and his scam. So, get what's being said here then come and bark or shut the **** up.

Comment

Working...