Threaded View

Default Schedule HT With Bosley in Atlanta

Hi Everyone. I am 48 and have been considering HT for 3 or 4 years. I'm a Class 4 - 5 on the Norwood scale. I live an hour North of Nashville.
    I have scheduled a HT with Bosley in Atlanta. They are to do 2000 grafts.

I've read some bad things about Bosley, but I've also seen that they are improving. I still have time to cancel my surgery if I need to do so.

I honestly don't know if I've just got pre-surgery jitters, or if I'm having serious doubts about the whole thing.

I know that Bosely uses techs to place the grafts, instead of the doctor himself doing that. But, is that always a bad thing? I've read that I should choose to have this done where it is done everyday, and not just once a week or once a month. Bosley meets this requirement. Even if techs place the grafts, they are doing so under supervision, right?
    I have also read that pitting can be caused by placing the grafts too deep. Is this something that has been known to come from Bosley more than other surgeons? And if I mention that on the day of my HT, would they not be more careful?

One more thing I read that concerns me , is that at least one Dr on this site said that realistically, he and his team cannot place more than 900 grafts in an 8 to 9 hour session. He said if more are needed, that would have to be done a year or so later. Yet, Bosley is saying they will do 2000 in one day. Is this not true? Will they not place that many?

I'd appreciate any thoughts or comments anyone would like to offer.

Thanks!