Replicel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seb89
    • Feb 2012

Yeah ten years is quite dis heartening. I thought from now, it would be five at most.

Sigh.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by Seb89
      Yeah ten years is quite dis heartening. I thought from now, it would be five at most.

Sigh.
      who said 10 years? Even Histogen is not that far away

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
        • Feb 2011

Yeah, absolutely none of the companies ever said their treatments were 10 years away. At the most, some said their treatments were 5 years away and those treatments could even arrive earlier in some Asian countries. We should listen to what the actual companies say, and not that little young Andy Dick reporter.

Comment

• sausage
          • Jan 2012

Who knows, a lot of companys have said 5 years, 10 years, 2 years etc in the past and nothing happend.

Its just the article said a baldness cure could be with us within the next 10 years. Thats how it got onto this conversation.

So hopefully at least within 10 years something will be available. But hopefully something will be hear a lot sooner.

Comment

• Maradona
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by sausage
            Who knows, a lot of companys have said 5 years, 10 years, 2 years etc in the past and nothing happend.

Its just the article said a baldness cure could be with us within the next 10 years. Thats how it got onto this conversation.

So hopefully at least within 10 years something will be available. But hopefully something will be hear a lot sooner.
            If replicel doesn't work...i'll just shave my head and move on. I can't wait 10 years...i don't think i'll care about hair loss in 10 years anymore...we need hair ASAP .

If you're young the baldness can be very painful but rewarding at the same time (maybe) since a cure is coming for SURE within 10 years.

Us oldiest ain't got much time left.

Comment

• Sogeking
              • Feb 2011

Actually Washenik said 5 years, although Washenik has been saying that since 2005 or 2006 .
              But I really don't think it will take them 10 years. Ever since I have joined this forum the timeline for me was always 2015/2016. And honestly I still believe in that timeline....
              However regardles when these treatments come I am gonna wait for a year to see the response from the first treated customers/patients...

Comment

• Mojo Risin
                • Mar 2011

They always say 5 years for everythin when in reality, it could be 10 years, 20, 50, 100 or even NEVER.

Nobody knows.

Comment

• Tracy C
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Sogeking
                  However regardles when these treatments come I am gonna wait for a year to see the response from the first treated customers/patients...
                  Not me. Once my doctor offers it, I will go in for it ASAP.

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
                    Inactive
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Mojo Risin
                    They always say 5 years for everythin when in reality, it could be 10 years, 20, 50, 100 or even NEVER.

Nobody knows.
                    Its exactly the case.

Comment

• southasian
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Maradona
                      If replicel doesn't work...i'll just shave my head and move on. I can't wait 10 years...i don't think i'll care about hair loss in 10 years anymore...we need hair ASAP .

If you're young the baldness can be very painful but rewarding at the same time (maybe) since a cure is coming for SURE within 10 years.

Us oldiest ain't got much time left.
                      Every year, they'll be extending the FDA trials and keep telling us 5-10 years. I'll be six feet under 20 years down the road and these morons (big pharma) will keep saying "we're so close, Phase II trials are underway, only 5 more years...hang on folks!"

Comment

• jpm
                        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by southasian
                        Every year, they'll be extending the FDA trials and keep telling us 5-10 years. I'll be six feet under 20 years down the road and these morons (big pharma) will keep saying "we're so close, Phase II trials are underway, only 5 more years...hang on folks!"
                        Surely even pessimistic people must believe that by 2022 there will be some form of 'cure' or treatment that is significantly better than propecia.

I know that 2022 is a long time away, but I just think, well I may be almost bald in 9 years time, but in 11 years I'll have most (if not all my hair back).

What I'm trying to say is that within our lifetime baldness will be ''cured'' or at least have much better treatments. So we can all take some comfort that, unlike our ancestors, we will not be bald for the rest of our lives.

And until Replicel and alike show us some more results, we will just have to stave off baldness as long as we possibly can.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by southasian
                          "big pharma".... omfg

ALL OF THOSE GOD DAMN COMPANIES ARE COMPETING AGAINST EACH OTHER!!
                          IT WOULD BE IN THEIR BEST INTEREST TO FINISH THIS AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.
                          WHOEVER WILL BE THE FIRST TO DO IT, WILL MAKE MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.
                          WHY WOULD THEY LAG AND DELAY THINGS ON PURPOSE?

Comment

• southasian
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by 2020
                            "big pharma".... omfg

ALL OF THOSE GOD DAMN COMPANIES ARE COMPETING AGAINST EACH OTHER!!
                            IT WOULD BE IN THEIR BEST INTEREST TO FINISH THIS AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.
                            WHOEVER WILL BE THE FIRST TO DO IT, WILL MAKE MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.
                            WHY WOULD THEY LAG AND DELAY THINGS ON PURPOSE?
                            I'll see you here in 5 years still praying for a cure, which will still just be another 'mere 5 years away'. But i like your positive attitude...hehe :-)

Comment

• Tracy C
                              • Sep 2011

One thing I want to point out to everyone is the problem of women's hair loss, which in and of itself is pretty strong encouragement for biotech companies to find a solution. Women's hair loss has been swept under the rug (literally) for a pretty long time. More and more women are becoming more open about this problem as we are seeking a solution from our doctors. As a result, more biotech companies are putting more attention into trying to resolve the problem.

I do not believe in any conspiracy to keep a solution away from the public simply to strengthen sales of current treatments - because current treatments only work for some women - and every one knows it.

Comment

• southasian
                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Tracy C
                                One thing I want to point out to everyone is the problem of women's hair loss, which in and of itself is pretty strong encouragement for biotech companies to find a solution. Women's hair loss has been swept under the rug (literally) for a pretty long time. More and more women are becoming more open about this problem as we are seeking a solution from our doctors. As a result, more biotech companies are putting more attention into trying to resolve the problem.

I do not believe in any conspiracy to keep a solution away from the public simply to strengthen sales of current treatments - because current treatments only work for some women - and every one knows it.
                                My point is not that big pharma is in a conspiracy to quell any new solutions, but more that they don't have much incentive as once they release a 'cure', there will not be any repeat customers i.e. propecia users. Also i really think these idiots just don't have the R&D know-how to come out with a solution. Why then does Aderans keep delaying Phase II? it was supposed to have completed last year, as in 2011 - its 2012 right now! Don't worry fellow hair loss sufferers (myself included), we all will be praying for a solution coming out in another 'mere' 5 years once we hit 2017. Dr. Rassman was right all along, minimum 10, most likely 20 years with these morons (big pharma) running the show.

Comment

Working...