Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maradona
    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by cleverusername
    Exactly. I haven't seen any pictures or anything where people were able to regrow a decent amount of hair in the temple region.
    "Previous work has shown that the stem cells that create hair are still intact in bald men, Cotsarelis said. The follicles are also there, though they look smaller and produce thinner, shorter hair. Over time, the hair is so short it no longer passes the surface of the skin."

If this completely true...then replicel can treat a norwood 7 no biggie.

TEMPLES OF NORWOOD 4= CROWN OF NORWOOD 7.

Comment

• lpenergy
      • Mar 2012

Speaking of temple regions. I noticed that Rolf Hoffman could possibly use a little hair enhancement around the edges. Maybe that is part of the reason why Replicel tested in the temples

Anyways, I think it would be really cool if Replicel senior executives or board members volunteered to take their treatment-that would be something. I bet one of the requirements to be CEO was a full head of hair!

Hey, check out the slick bald guy on their board, how about Peter Lewis be the first in line for treatment, if he can get a full head of hair, anyone should!

Comment

• goldbondmafia
        • Oct 2011

hey guys when exactly this year will replicel release results?

Comment

• cleverusername
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by goldbondmafia
          hey guys when exactly this year will replicel release results?
          Late April

Comment

• hairysituation
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Maradona
            lol im not a scientist....just a hardcore speculator.

well replicel is targeting hair growth...not the cause of hair loss. Will this protein still be in the bald scalps after replicel treatment? We don't know and it might not matter at all.

However the follicles are still alive which is good to know from this dude's discovery so that's good news .
            You know how Propecia stop or slow down the hairloss for the majority of the product's users. The product keep the DHT-levels low. Therefore it is most likely that Replicel will stop hairloss if succeing beeing DHT-resistant.

Comment

• szn
              • Oct 2010

so i believe i saw something that said the cost of these procedures would be 15k everytime? in order for this procedure to be effective, dont you need to go in every 2 years? LoL at the company that thinks i would pay 15k every two years. someone shed some light

Comment

• hairysituation
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by szn
                so i believe i saw something that said the cost of these procedures would be 15k everytime? in order for this procedure to be effective, dont you need to go in every 2 years? LoL at the company that thinks i would pay 15k every two years. someone shed some light
                Can you please show where you got the information from about the price? All Replicel has said about the price is that it would be compatable and then some, compared to the hair transplant prices. And why would you have to go there every second year? Can you please explain your reasoning?

Comment

• szn
                  • Oct 2010

i just keep forgetting which treatment involves going back every couple of years. maybe im just confused. that is why i asked someone to shed some light in replicel

Comment

• hairysituation
                    • Feb 2012

I think you mean Histogen. Because they have been able to grow hair back, but they haven't (at least temporary) been able to make the hair follicles DHT-resistant.Therefore, you have to re-vist and re-inject their product after the DHT kills the new follicles. This would though take many many years, at least according to the Histogen's CEO.

I don't think people should be negative about Replicel. Their product can be the greatest treatment ever in the history of hairloss. We should consider our selves lucky to belong to this generation! And I do think I read that Aderans was able to restore and regrow hair, but that the hairs wasn't cosmetically desired. They used the Dermend papilla cell, I think, but Replicel uses dermal sheaths cells. You can see the differences between the results of the different cells in Replicel's pre-clinical work:

http://www.google.no/search?tbm=isch...6j1l7l0.frgbld.

Comment

• bananana
                      Inactive
                      • Feb 2012

Try to rewrite that link

Ps, I don't mind going once every 20 or more years and cashing out around $20k,
                      BUT going once every 2, 3 years and cashing out that much money would be over the top.
                      (but well I REALLY think in 20 years we'll have a FULLY permanent, relatively cheap solution)

We'll be a bit smarter in 30 days.

Comment

• hairysituation
                        • Feb 2012

What's up? Why is Replicel's website down?

Comment

• cleverusername
                          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by hairysituation
                          What's up? Why is Replicel's website down?
                          It seems to be working fine for me

Comment

• renordw
                            • Dec 2009

So, we are expecting news next month? I am STOKED!

Comment

• hairysituation
                              • Feb 2012

Yeah man! Late april will determind wheater or not there's hope!

We know that Histogen was able to regrow hair, so there's a big possibility that Replicel will show some result as well. But I was wondering how many percent they have to be able to regrow before I can accomplished a full head of hair, like I never had lost a follicle. 100 percent?

Comment

• lpenergy
                                • Mar 2012

I had another idea and potential question for Replicel, especially post announcement. According to Replicel's interviews, they are able to stimulate dormant follicles-turn them back "on" to growing plus they are able to grow brand new follicles.

So, with my non-scientific background, it seems that generating brand new hair follicles can only occur in spaces lacking hair follicles. So, dormant hair follicles essentially sitting there not growing hair will end up taking up space and ultimately prevent a brand new hair follicle from growing in its spot.

Therefore, the amount non-growing hair follicles existing may be a limiting factor in the generation of new hair follicles (assuming that a brand new hair follicle is unable to growth from below).

It will be very interesting to find out the number of new hair follicles generated per cm2 compared to the number of dormant follicles revived per cm2, if such analysis is even possible.

Possibilities:

1) An initial dosage may end up creating as many new hairs as possible, as these new DSC cells seek open prime scalp real estate between dormant follicles.

2) Subsequent dosages may yield fewer new follicles as prime follicle real estate is already taken up by existing dormant follicles and the newly generated follicles from the initial dosage.

3) Subsequent dosages may be more likely to revive existing follicles than create brand new ones.

4) If it is determined that a far higher number of new follicles could be created vs. dormant ones stimulated, would it be possible to perform a reverse FUE to clear scalp space for the generation of new follicles?

Personally, I have a feeling that they will have greater success in reviving existing hair follicles, but there is the possibility that this may not be the case.

Comment

Working...