+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 210 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by Curlybill99 View Post
    Is it possible for replicel to have one successful trial and release this to the public.. Is long as it works and is safe i would have no problem spending my money on this.

I don't think its possible... years of testing... even in lax countries in asia

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    All the better for us then. Replicel is going to work I feel. As for when they'll perfect it and get it out to us is anyone's guess. I do have one problem with the procedure outlined: Why take a 4mm diameter punch? Could they not get the DSC from taking perhaps 4 1mm diameter punches. I'd rather have a few small dots than a little button scar. I'm getting way ahead of myself here.
    I gotta say if this procedure works perfectly I am 100% cool with a 4mm punch. haha.

Awww the videos are saying 'private.' I saw this on my phone earlier as I was out walking around and I was going to watch it now but unfortunately I can't.

Its is interesting that Replicel notes only Phase 1 and 2 trials on their Website. Does this mean that if successful they could launch after Phase 2?

What i don't understand is why this has taken so long for it to get to the human trials stage this was found to be safe and effective years ago in mice, so why only now are human trials being done ? I'm not sure if it was an issue of funding, know how, or my worst fear just not worth the hassle for them if someone could explain i would be grateful.

If i could choose out of all the current trials going on right now which one i would want to succeed it would be this one as is seems very simple and non invasive, but of course efficacy hasn't even been shown in the trial data as of yet so i don't want to get too far ahead of myself. And i'm at the stage now where i just need to know if any of these potential treatments will work and we will know pretty soon within around 6 - 8 months, if it turns out that they don't work i'm just going to accept the fact that i need to buzz my head down and get on with life the best i can, but i will admit this is destroying my confidence and i have dealt with a lot of things in my life and got through them, this however i'm finding very very hard to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Losing_It View Post
    Its is interesting that Replicel notes only Phase 1 and 2 trials on their Website. Does this mean that if successful they could launch after Phase 2?

it means we still haven't seen one actual human result... just pixar movies of magic chemicals that float around under your scalp and find sleeping hair follicles

Quote Originally Posted by MrRyan View Post
    What i don't understand is why this has taken so long for it to get to the human trials stage this was found to be safe and effective years ago in mice, so why only now are human trials being done ? I'm not sure if it was an issue of funding, know how, or my worst fear just not worth the hassle for them if someone could explain i would be grateful.

If i could choose out of all the current trials going on right now which one i would want to succeed it would be this one as is seems very simple and non invasive, but of course efficacy hasn't even been shown in the trial data as of yet so i don't want to get too far ahead of myself. And i'm at the stage now where i just need to know if any of these potential treatments will work and we will know pretty soon within around 6 - 8 months, if it turns out that they don't work i'm just going to accept the fact that i need to buzz my head down and get on with life the best i can, but i will admit this is destroying my confidence and i have dealt with a lot of things in my life and got through them, this however i'm finding very very hard to deal with.
    It's hard to know since they've released no statement regarding it but if I were to make a guess I'd say that their problem was not in finding out how to activate the hair follicles but in finding out how to reach the hair follicles to activate them, and being able to do so consistently and safely. It would make sense if the method of delivery was the problem as once they had solved that problem they could begin clinical trials to prove its potency and then move onto commercial release.

There are many reasons why I believe it has taken a long time to get to the clinical trial stage. One reason is that it takes time to raise the necessary funding. Another reason is that it is a lot more complicated than it appears to set up and execute a clinical trial. If you remember, Replicel was over a year late in beginning it's clinical trial after it had raised the necessary funding. If the trial is not set up correctly with the proper protcols and safeguards, the trial results may be useless in the eyes of the regulatory body that is charged with reviewing them. It seems that almost all of the players in this game have had delays in setting up & starting their clinical trials. But I believe the major reason that it has taken so long is that Replicel had to perfect a method of multiplying the cells taken from the punch biopsy into millions of cells for reinjection. If you have read any of the research in this area, one of the problems that had to be overcome was that after a certain number of passes, the cells start to loose their potency and take on an irregular shape. So I think the trick here is turning 1 DSC cell into many DSC cells such that they retain all of their characteristics and potency. Based on everything I have read, I believe Replicel has indentified the correct cell. It remains to be seen how effective their method of replicating these cells will be. One key point that I find highly suggestive of the confidence they have in their possibility of success is that they raised their funding and seemingly came from nowhere, after Aderans was already well into Phase II of their trials.

Please forgive my ignorance, but how exactly do the cells know what to do once they are injected is it simply that a cell just does what it does, or does it need other signals from the body to do their job like chemical signals or such like. If so how do they get around this do they use other factors in the injection, i'm sorry if this question sounds stupid, but i'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to human biology.

And one other question i can not for the life of me find one straight answer to is, do the hair follicles die or are they just dormant i'm hoping it's the latter as i'm sure many of you do, i ask this because i think this is massively important for things like Replicel and Histogen in regards to their efficacy.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRyan View Post
    Please forgive my ignorance, but how exactly do the cells know what to do once they are injected is it simply that a cell just does what it does, or does it need other signals from the body to do their job like chemical signals or such like. If so how do they get around this do they use other factors in the injection, i'm sorry if this question sounds stupid, but i'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to human biology.

And one other question i can not for the life of me find one straight answer to is, do the hair follicles die or are they just dormant i'm hoping it's the latter as i'm sure many of you do, i ask this because i think this is massively important for things like Replicel and Histogen in regards to their efficacy.
    Q1 = Because cells are encoded with DNA -

Q2 = Yes, as opposed to scarring alopecia, male pattern hair loss does not destroy the stem cells needed to regenerate the hair follicle, hairs still exist but they are miniaturised even on NW 7 scalps -