X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gmonasco
    Inactive
    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by sausage
    Someones either crazy or knows something.
    Not really either. It's not a suspiciously large volume of shares, nor is it a "crazy" amount of money for someone with a bit of investment cash to spend.

Comment

• ccmethinning
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by sausage
      Someones either crazy or knows something.
      There have been PLENTY of days where there have been 10k plus shares traded in large chunks. Some of those days have been up (buying pressure), some of them have been down (selling pressure).

Comment

• sausage
        • Jan 2012

oh balls, all this speculating and waiting is getting on my tits.....

hope there is no delay.

I hope its good news for all of our sakes.

Comment

• clandestine
          • Aug 2011

Did they specify a date? Or it's still 'sometime end of April'?

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
            • Oct 2011

Didn't just late last year "they" announce a study that showed slick bald patches had the hair follicile, it was just dormant - basically it refused to grow because of how starved it was?

I'm too lazy to find that article.

"They" was some other organization/university or something.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by NotBelievingIt
              Didn't just late last year "they" announce a study that showed slick bald patches had the hair follicile, it was just dormant - basically it refused to grow because of how starved it was?

why would then Replicel make their injection into the temples??? Is that like a common place to make injections or were they just trying to show off that they are able to grow hair even in bald spots?

Comment

• lpenergy
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by 2020
                why would then Replicel make their injection into the temples??? Is that like a common place to make injections or were they just trying to show off that they are able to grow hair even in bald spots?
                That was my initial thought, and it could still be true. However, there are other possibilities. And that is it serves two purposes, one being that, depending on the amount of balding, it could be a "blank slate" and therefore easier to get an accurate count on the area and demonstrate efficacy (hoping for a nice semi-macro head shot with easily visible hair regrowth), and the second, is that it would allow for a higher percentage result - kind of a knock your socks off type result because the hair baseline count would be lower compared to a scalp zone just initially starting to bald.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• Pate
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by NotBelievingIt

I think you're thinking of Cotsarelis's announcement that they found stem cells in the slick bald patches - not follicles.

Comment

• Life.Love.Regret
                    • Feb 2012

Is there a recent summarized annual report for Replicel?

Comment

• john2399
                      • Jan 2012

Didn't spencer say he should know something by mid week? so im guessing tomorrow he could prob tell us something...

Comment

• neversaynever
                        • Dec 2011

Being the first area of balding for most men, I think it's excellent that they are trying injections in that area.

1. It will be easier to count hairs
                        2. it will be easier for us to count hairs!
                        3. In theory, it being the first area to go bald, means it should be the most difficult to revive, therefore, positive results in the temples is a big big positive.

I'm very happy they're not testing in an area with lots of hair. It would be difficult for us to gauge results, and people would winge "oh great, it works for early to mid stages of balding only?"

Or it might not work at all

Comment

• neversaynever
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Pate
                          I think you're thinking of Cotsarelis's announcement that they found stem cells in the slick bald patches - not follicles.
                          Yes, they only mention stem cells. Maybe the follicle is their too (albeit a tiny version of it). The problem is that those stem cells are not talking, or maybe they're not listening to signals from other cells to start working, or maybe there's no signal so they are having a nap!

It might be that something is either preventing the signals or preventing the stem cells from listening.

Skimming over this:

The Japanese 'breakthrough' being talked about today on forums. I'm sure I read somewhere that the DP is the key to keeping stem cells active (even creating stem cells). I think they used a combo of DS and cultured DP cells (correct me if I'm wrong about that, its a bloody long paper to read!).

Injected DP cells have given inconsistent results in the past. Due to the location of DSC cells, I'm hoping they are the key to forming a DP.

So lets hope that Replicels DSC cells will settle down, create a DP, which will go on to create hair and eventually make us all happy

That paper mentions DP have between 500-1000 cells. One thing I'm very curious about >>> If Repicel inject 10,000 DSC cells, and no new hair is produced...what happens to all those cells?????

See you all in two weeks!

Comment

• Jan 2012

did Histogen also made their injections into COMPLETELY bald spots??/

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by neversaynever
                              That paper mentions DP have between 500-1000 cells. One thing I'm very curious about >>> If Repicel inject 10,000 DSC cells, and no new hair is produced...what happens to all those cells?????
                              The body recycles untold millions of cells in the body every day.

Whats a few extra thousand to deal with?

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by john2399
                                Didn't spencer say he should know something by mid week? so im guessing tomorrow he could prob tell us something...
                                He's not telling us anything. RepliCel Press Releases or an investor conference call with management will tell us.

Comment

Working...