Replicel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DepressedByHairLoss
    • Feb 2011

I left out a couple of words in the last post, and apparently the message board won't let me edit my post.

Yeah, that article does give a decent overview of the potential cures/treatments and it's nice of you to post it. Except what I really can't stand is when writers, like the one in this article, report on hair loss in some type of cutesy, humorous way, making it like hair loss is just some vain, cosmetic issue that deserves to be joked about. That writer needs to understand that hair loss is a disease that sends many people spiraling into deep depression and dramatically alters how people live their lives. Therefore, an article about hair loss needs to be approached with adequate sensitivity and decorum, not by some dipshit writer using cutesy references to birdhouses or friggin chili cooks. Yet again that writer looks like some ****in pathetic combination of Andy Dick, Revenge of the Nerds, and some wimpy Greenwich Village coffeehouse patron so I guess I would expect that type of writing from that useless pencil-necked geek who wrote the article.
    Sorry to get so off-topic guys, but it just really makes me mad when our disease of hair loss gets constantly marginalized and joked about in the media.

Comment

• shri1026
      • Oct 2011

The Truth

But Mousie, thou art no thy lane,
      In proving foresight may be vain:
      The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
      Gang aft agley,

An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
      For promis'd joy!

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
        Inactive
        • Jan 2012

Comment

• sausage
          • Jan 2012

A 10 year limit for a cure is actually quite depressing.....

For someone that has been balding since age 16, that is now 27 that is quite far gone on the baldness scale it would be very bitter sweet if a cure came out as soon as he got into his 30's.

The main time in your life you need hair is in your teens/20's and for the cure not to come out in that time but to come out just after it is very depressing.

If that happens I will be cursing that it did not come out just 5 years earlier, to miss the boat by 5 years or so would be a big downer. Knowing that there are ppl out there who have just started balding at 16 and a cure is available to them straight away to fix it when I had to suffer would annoy me a bit.

Sorry to put a negative on it, but I am sure people understand what I mean especially those in a similar position to me.

It would be of course great to get my hair back in my 30's but I am at the age where I need to settle down get married and baldness is not helping me at all.

Comment

• born
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by sausage
            A 10 year limit for a cure is actually quite depressing.....

For someone that has been balding since age 16, that is now 27 that is quite far gone on the baldness scale it would be very bitter sweet if a cure came out as soon as he got into his 30's.

The main time in your life you need hair is in your teens/20's and for the cure not to come out in that time but to come out just after it is very depressing.

If that happens I will be cursing that it did not come out just 5 years earlier, to miss the boat by 5 years or so would be a big downer. Knowing that there are ppl out there who have just started balding at 16 and a cure is available to them straight away to fix it when I had to suffer would annoy me a bit.

Sorry to put a negative on it, but I am sure people understand what I mean especially those in a similar position to me.

It would be of course great to get my hair back in my 30's but I am at the age where I need to settle down get married and baldness is not helping me at all.
            i wouldn't want any other 16 year old kid to suffer from this, it's just so unfair for someone to go through this so early and people don't take you seriously.Spencer is right when he says that hair loss is soul's cancer.It ****ing changes someone's life.I felt so bad when spencer said in his radio that he was outside and he stopped to stare a building because the wind was blowing.His friend asked him what are you looking at?He said i just wait for the wind to stop.Like sucks if you are a hair loss sufferer, especially in a young age.

Comment

• sausage
              • Jan 2012

There are soooo many reasons how it affects you...

-You think your life's over.
              -You think your struggle to get a GF.
              -You worry what everyone will think
              -You get taken the piss out of by mates.
              -You get taken the piss out of by strangers.
              -You try so hard to cover it up.
              -You especially hate seeing people you have not seen in years knowing they will think 'WTF happend to you'
              -You do what you can to stop it ie. buying medication which doesn't work and costs you financially and risks other health problems.
              -Hair all over pillows, desks at work etc is embarrassing.
              -You look like a right tit.
              -You can become a recluse.
              -Whenever people talk about baldness around you, your desperate for the topic to change.
              -You get a greasy head,scalp,hair, so you have to wash your hair everyday.
              -You have to get to the bathroom as quick as possible in the morning hoping no1 else will see your morning hair before you fix it up with gel.
              -This also affects you when you go away with people on holiday or camping when it is even harder to avoid people in the morning.
              -Your head gets burnt easily in the summer.
              -Your head is sensitive to the cold in the winter.
              -You struggle to look at yourself in the mirror.
              -You worry about having your photo taken.

All these things affected me and pretty much all still do affect me.

At least now I am at a later stage in my hairloss. A few of these things can be taken away as it is now clear I am balding so there is no way I can cover it up, I have my hair short so no need for fixing it up, I have gone past the medication stage and that screwing me over but now I am thinking of the HT route which is a huge dilema.

Comment

• vamaqua
                • Feb 2010

I'm in the same boat! My social skills have greatly been affected by this and now I can't even have a conversation with anyone.

Comment

• clandestine
                  • Aug 2011

Sorry boys, man the **** up.

Yes, this condition is indeed life-changing. Hair, in most cases, is a big part of who we are as a person. It is intrinsically part of our identity for the better part of our youth. Yes, hair loss can be seriously detrimental to our lives in so many ways.

I feel for you all you. I'm only nineteen, this is indeed a very rough time for me. As I'm sure it is for all of you, regardless of your age. This is a tough battle, but all we can do is stay optimistic. Never should we let this affliction dictate how we live our lives.

Something bad happens. You have two options. You resist it with anger, frustration, regret, etc. Or, you accept reality (it's already happened), and move on with your day. Resist nothing. By resisting your condition, you are only further perpetuating your own misery.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Here's to hoping for better treatment options in the near future.

Cheers.

Comment

• born
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by clandestine
                    Sorry boys, man the **** up.

Yes, this condition is indeed life-changing. Hair, in most cases, is a big part of who we are as a person. It is intrinsically part of our identity for the better part of our youth. Yes, hair loss can be seriously detrimental to our lives in so many ways.

I feel for you all you. I'm only nineteen, this is indeed a very rough time for me. As I'm sure it is for all of you, regardless of your age. This is a tough battle, but all we can do is stay optimistic. Never should we let this affliction dictate how we live our lives.

Something bad happens. You have two options. You resist it with anger, frustration, regret, etc. Or, you accept reality (it's already happened), and move on with your day. Resist nothing. By resisting your condition, you are only further perpetuating your own misery.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Here's to hoping for better treatment options in the near future.

Cheers.
                    yeah we are giving a fight everyday by taking propecia and minoxidil.Risking our health for little results.At least if there is god then he better help replicel and their treatment.Imagine the huge let down if they fail.

Comment

• clandestine
                      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by born
                      yeah we are giving a fight everyday by taking propecia and minoxidil.Risking our health for little results.At least if there is god then he better help replicel and their treatment.Imagine the huge let down if they fail.
                      Your perception dictates your reality. Imagine if they were to succeed.

Comment

• born
                        • Nov 2011

Your perception dictates your reality. Imagine if they were to succeed.
                        i think they will succeed.It would be good to have a 10-20% regrowth but more important if they could stop baldness by making existing hair dht resistant.Aderans has shown some success so i guess they will have something too because they use very similar techniques.But i really believe the real cure will come from follica but they face difficulties with waking follicles up.Wnts that give signals for hair to start regroth can also cause cancer.I know some say they are dead.They are not even close being dead.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                          • Oct 2011

This is one of the best videos for motivation ever released, I see it posted in many other forums where Wanting It More is a key theme.

Its long, but its well worth it.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by NotBelievingIt
                            This is one of the best videos for motivation ever released, I see it posted in many other forums where Wanting It More is a key theme.

Its long, but its well worth it.
                            who cares?? Motivation is not a problem here... We need hair!

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by sausage
                              There are soooo many reasons how it affects you...

-You think your life's over.
                              -You think your struggle to get a GF.
                              -You worry what everyone will think
                              Yep. Though not so much "life is over" but that life will stop moving forward in a positive way. Not necessarily negative, it just will stop moving forward.

-You get taken the piss out of by mates.
                              -You get taken the piss out of by strangers.
                              **** um. They aren't your mates then if they don't catch on quickly that it bothers you.

-You try so hard to cover it up.
                              Don't try hard, you're only helping keep the psyche down by thinking of it that much.

-You especially hate seeing people you have not seen in years knowing they will think 'WTF happend to you'
                              Bah. If they don't get over the initial surprise, screw um. They aren't worth continuing to know.

-You do what you can to stop it ie. buying medication which doesn't work and costs you financially and risks other health problems.
                              You'll only compound your problems if you believe there are health risks, whether they are real or not.

-Hair all over pillows, desks at work etc is embarrassing.
                              A few hairs here and there are totally normal, but if it gets drastic falling out, something else may just be wrong.

-You look like a right tit.
                              As clandestine said - perception is your reality.
                              -You can become a recluse.
                              Want It More.

-Whenever people talk about baldness around you, your desperate for the topic to change.
                              Your perception is your reality. If you let it bother you, it *will* bother you.

-You have to get to the bathroom as quick as possible in the morning hoping no1 else will see your morning hair before you fix it up with gel.
                              -This also affects you when you go away with people on holiday or camping when it is even harder to avoid people in the morning.
                              If you're with your best pals and mates or family and loved ones they don't care and if they do, well...what I said above. Screw um. They know you, not your hair. If others see the self-consciousness then it will affect their perception.

-Your head gets burnt easily in the summer.
                              -Your head is sensitive to the cold in the winter.
                              This does suck but eh, its not terribly inconvenient.
                              -You struggle to look at yourself in the mirror.
                              -You worry about having your photo taken.
                              Your perception is your reality.

Of course, who am I to talk. I've only been conscious of my thinning out hair since October and the weird baldness pattern forming on my left top and have had my up and down days and its not that bad right now (the hair) - though some of the guys I've seen who post pics would cringe and when I look at their pics I laugh wondering why they are so vain about so little thinning.

But I'm doing what I can to convince myself my hair is not *me* and that again, my perception is my reality.

Those That Matter Don't Mind, and Those That Mind Don't Matter

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by NotBelievingIt
                                But I'm doing what I can to convince myself my hair is not *me* and that again, my perception is my reality.
                                eh this is crap... I would rather have my hair instead

Comment

Working...