+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 210 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

How expensive can we expect either of the three treatments will be?

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    How expensive can we expect either of the three treatments will be?
    Considering the results are permanent, and a cure. It will cost an arm and a leg, but at least you'd be a sexy looking amputee.

Inactive

Assumptions, do you think they offer this for 20.000 bucks? If they are aiming for mass market?

No they wont because they are not stupid

Mr. Hall stated that they expect it to be competitive with current hair restoration surgeries.

In the case of Replicel, I feel a genuine desire to help the many women who suffer with hair loss. With that in mind, I feel they will do the best they can to make is as affordable as possible.

Cool, thanks for your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Kiwi you may have right BUT...
    "Replicel" know that it is a big compatition. It is obvies that if Aderans, Histogen,Replica or another company bring a cure that another one like Replicel won't be needed. That's why i don't think that they are going to wait so long because they want to be first like everyone here. And it is good but from outher hand let's hope that all of them will focus on QUALITY not SPEED of put into the market.
    I honestly don't think they have any say in the speed at which they will hit the market. That will be up to the FDA in America (for the USA market). Who can say for other parts of the world - heck I'd host them in my back yard in New Zealand if I thought it would speed things up but I honestly don't think it would.

Everybody is welcome to their own thoughts on this but mine are that obviously the first to market will make the most, but all the companies as they hit the market will make millions and millions of dollars.

In the same way that right now a consumer can choose whether they buy a Mac or a PC. Or any type of car brand. Or the same way the consumer can choose from a different shampoo company. The market is big enough to make all these companies very very rich.

The thing to remember is replicel are also testing for results in Phase 1 by giving a high dose. We will know next March if this is going to be something special. If it is, they may still beat the others to market - which is what id assume they are aiming for. Although there's money in it if for everybody, the first company to go to market with a benchmark treatment will be at an advantage.

Histogen didn't blow anybody away with their phase 1 results. So they are refining their technique, as are Aderans. The hope is that Replicel will acheive better phase 1 results and be able to go to market after phase 2 in asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    The market is big enough to make all these companies very very rich.
    If they can restore my hair to its former beauty, they deserve it. I am also concerned and hopeful on behalf of my niece’s. Unfortunately they could have inherited this curse as well.

Default Did anyone see this?

RepliCel to Present at the 4th Annual LD MICRO Growth Conference in Los Angeles, California
    December 1, 2011, Thursday
    Contributed by Marketwire

Dec 01, 2011 VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA ,MARKETWIRE
    RepliCel Life Sciences Inc. (the "Company" or "RepliCel") (OTCBB: REPCF) is pleased to report that David Hall, CEO will be presenting at the LD MICRO Growth Conference on Thursday, December 8th at 3:30pm PDT. Mr. Hall's presentation will introduce RepliCel's autologous hair cell replication technology to over 150 institutions attending this two-day conference where some of the fastest growing companies on the OTC, NASDQ and NYSE are featured.

About LD MICRO

LD MICRO is a by-invitation only newsletter firm that focuses on finding undervalued companies in the micro-cap space. Since 2002, the firm has published an annual list of recommended stocks as well as comprehensive reports on select companies throughout the year. LD MICRO concentrates on finding, researching, and investing in companies that are overlooked by institutional investors. It is a non-registered investment advisor.

I know this doesn't tell us anything more about Replicel's trials or results so some people will probably shoot me down for posting it saying it tells us nothing interesting. However I feel it is interesting because once more it shows the growing interest there seems to be in Replicel's treatment. It also looks like it will be an opportunity for them to gain new investment which is always a good thing. I can't help but feel that with the amount of promotion Replicel are doing it's got to mean they have a very strong idea that they have something good. Maybe I'm being too optimistic but until we know otherwise I think it's better to be positive than negative.

I agree with that last paragraph. While it does not tell us anything new about the treatment it is good to see that they are putting in work outside of the lab as well. It most definitely looks like an effort to establish themselves and draw attention to their project.