Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KJ1982
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
    I honestly see no point in going through with efforts from Aderans, Histogen or Replicel... or all combined when we know Dr. Roland Lauster has cultured follicles WITH hair in a petri dish. All the others are now rendered useless by Dr. Lauster's holy grail so why are there still efforts being made with the other guys when we know we've got a legitimate solution?

Now I know the other guys want money at this point, but in an ideal world all efforts would be made towards Dr. Lausters work and get it out the door.
    Oh, I agree totally; Dr. Lauster has done what others have not and, so far as we can see, has the solution.

However, as you said, people are out to make money; this is, after all, a business. Perhaps those companies that we know of are seeking to get their products out before Dr. Lauster brings his method to market? Perhaps they consider their treatment(s) as a temporary solution until a more permanent treatment is available? Or perhaps they have already anticipated the availability of a procedure such as Dr. Lauster's becoming commercially available and are aiming at a totally different market...?

Whatever the case, short of asking those behind the treatments directly why they're dedicating such vast resources and sums of money to what seems to be, at this moment in time, a "pointless" (and I use the term loosely) pursuit we shall never know.

I'm just glad that there are numerous treatments in development, whatever the outcome.

Comment

• garethbale
      • Apr 2012

I honestly see no point in going through with efforts from Aderans, Histogen or Replicel... or all combined when we know Dr. Roland Lauster has cultured follicles WITH hair in a petri dish. All the others are now rendered useless by Dr. Lauster's holy grail so why are there still efforts being made with the other guys when we know we've got a legitimate solution?

Now I know the other guys want money at this point, but in an ideal world all efforts would be made towards Dr. Lausters work and get it out the door.
      Why doesn't someone contact Dr Lauster to ask what he's currently up to. I found his email online (this is publicly available) Roland.Lauster@TU-Berlin.de

I'm not sure if he speaks English though

Comment

• KJ1982
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by garethbale
        Why doesn't someone contact Dr Lauster to ask what he's currently up to. I found his email online (this is publicly available) Roland.Lauster@TU-Berlin.de

I'm not sure if he speaks English though
        I may be mistaken, garethbale, but I'm sure that I've read that people have tried contacting Dr. Lauster and that he has not replied.

Why that may be remains a mystery but I suspect that it may have something to do with the fact that the Berlin Technical University is involved with his research; perhaps he is not allowed to reply, instead having the university deal with enquiries via their press/media department?

Comment

• garethbale
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by KJ1982
          I may be mistaken, garethbale, but I'm sure that I've read that people have tried contacting Dr. Lauster and that he has not replied.

Why that may be remains a mystery but I suspect that it may have something to do with the fact that the Berlin Technical University is involved with his research; perhaps he is not allowed to reply, instead having the university deal with enquiries via their press/media department?
          I doubt he would respond separately to individuals, it would probably be done offficially through the university, as you say. Whatever the reason, his lack of response doesn't surprise me.

Wasn't the hair grown a mouse hair though? I read that they had accomplished creation of a mouse's follicle and that they were going to start on human follicles (the article was dated Dec 2010).

Comment

• KJ1982
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by garethbale
            Wasn't the hair grown a mouse hair though? I read that they had accomplished creation of a mouse's follicle and that they were going to start on human follicles (the article was dated Dec 2010).
            So far as I can remember (meaning I may be wrong), to the best of my knowledge that was indeed the case, yes.

It's a shame that no more has been heard about the matter, but I'm very much hoping that research is continuing for hair restoration applications; the research also has potential uses regarding pharmaceutical testing, etc.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
              • Sep 2010

There is no legitimate solution until we can walk in, pay money and have a procedure done to restore hair. If there was a legitimate solution here and now then he other companies might close shop.

Not trying to argue, just saying, there is a huge leap between a working experiment and a treatment we can actually use....

Comment

• UK_
                • Feb 2011

Comment

• Pentarou
                  • Apr 2013

Is that good?

Comment

• Thinning87
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Pentarou
                    Is that good?
                    It's very good, just like it's great that Histogen is moving well down their strategic roadmap with other applications.

It means the product is working and the company has higher odds of raising more funds to launch the hair loss products.

Everyone's so hard on Replicel but they are here and working on their phase 2 so I don't understand why everyone is so upset.

Call me overoptimistic but with all these different research efforts undergoing around the world we will definitely have something very cosmetically satisfying in the medium run (maybe not the ultimate solution but a very good mix of them).

I say work hard and save money because when the day comes we'd better have 20K on us...

Comment

• mmmcoffee
                      • Oct 2012

20k?? I might as well get a body hair transplant for that price and never worry again...I am a hairy bastard, so I have plenty of body donor hair haha

Comment

• UK_
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Pentarou
                        Is that good?
                        For the company it couldnt be better, new areas of development and signs of expansion and growth are indications of a strong company.

Comment

• UK_
                          • Feb 2011

Its also great to finally have an exciting update from them!

Comment

• Thinning87
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by mmmcoffee
                            20k?? I might as well get a body hair transplant for that price and never worry again...I am a hairy bastard, so I have plenty of body donor hair haha
                            no joke it's time to earn some money and save - the worst thing that could happen is having finally a cure and not being able to afford it

Comment

• 67mph
                              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Thinning87
                              no joke it's time to earn some money and save - the worst thing that could happen is having finally a cure and not being able to afford it
                              Exactly!

Alot of guys are waiting for 'the' cure but how many of us could really afford it, if the cure (from whomever it may be) came out tomorrow?

Cure's don't come cheap!

Comment

• hellouser
                                • May 2012

Originally posted by 67mph
                                Exactly!

Alot of guys are waiting for 'the' cure but how many of us could really afford it, if the cure (from whomever it may be) came out tomorrow?

Cure's don't come cheap!
                                Neither do women.

Comment

Working...