Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Desmond84
    • Oct 2012

Hey guys I just thought of something!

You know how I was saying DP and DSC cells are interchangeable!

Now, DSC cells turn into DP cells when the hair is in its anagen (growth) phase! Some DP cells then reconvert back to DSC during resting phase.

What if the reason why Replicel didn't get AMAZING results at 6 months mark was because the implanted DSC cells were not converted to DP cells just yet!

Remember that it is the DP cells that produce all the growth factors and have the Androgen receptors NOT the DSC cells.

Maybe this conversion take longer and should show up in the 24 month follow up!

I personally don't think ALL hope is lost just yet!

Just my 2 cents

Comment

• neversaynever
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Desmond84
      Hey guys I just thought of something!

You know how I was saying DP and DSC cells are interchangeable!

Now, DSC cells turn into DP cells when the hair is in its anagen (growth) phase! Some DP cells then reconvert back to DSC during resting phase.

What if the reason why Replicel didn't get AMAZING results at 6 months mark was because the implanted DSC cells were not converted to DP cells just yet!

Remember that it is the DP cells that produce all the growth factors and have the Androgen receptors NOT the DSC cells.

Maybe this conversion take longer and should show up in the 24 month follow up!

I personally don't think ALL hope is lost just yet!

Just my 2 cents
      I have to disagree with you for once. A partial follicle that contains the upper portion (so no DP) can form a full follicle (including a new DP) well inside a year, possibly just a few months. I guess its possible the 24 month mark might show some gains, but its doubtful. Also, replicel dont plan on showing us the 12 month results? I think that sends quite a clear message. Theyre not dead weight, but they are way behind Aderans, which means the only thing that would save them is a change in their treatment (not likely).

Comment

• Kirby_
        • Jan 2012

Heading to Phase II Dose Ranging trial... A good sign.

Comment

• garethbale
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Kirby_
          Heading to Phase II Dose Ranging trial... A good sign.

http://www.replicel.com/replicel-to-...uring-process/
          good stuff

they are behind Aderans & Histogen, but more options is good

Comment

• Kirby_
            • Jan 2012

More options is what we need urgently. The best thing that could happen would be a proper 'arms race' between developers of super-treatments.

Comment

• garethbale
              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Kirby_
              More options is what we need urgently. The best thing that could happen would be a proper 'arms race' between developers of super-treatments.
              yeah we need a cold war style hair treatments arms race

Comment

• StinkySmurf
                • Dec 2012

Nice find! I think they need some more cash, but that doesn't mean they don't have a plan to get it so it's good to see them still moving forward.

Comment

• UK_
                  • Feb 2011

I was reading ylast week of a group of male scientists being able to grow a new nose for a cancer patient - surely... if they're able to grow noses they can harness that ability into regenerating hair follicles? Can they not reproduce skin from the back of the head in the lab yet?

Comment

• UK_
                    • Feb 2011

Replicel is moving at snails pace, they should have started Phase II late last year.

Comment

• bananana
                      Inactive
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by UK_
                      Replicel is moving at snails pace, they should have started Phase II late last year.
                      yeah

I thought they started it already. Bollocks.

But at least this time they'll use more than 100 men and this IS effectiveness study. Finally. This means (probably) this time next year we'll know if they're breakthrough of a bust.

ps, the stock is up by 25%!

Comment

• yagazooci
                        • Apr 2012

Replicel Smart

A smart company stays in touch with and takes direction from the regulatory body all the way. Then there are no surprises at the finish line from the guys with the gun! Replicel are doing just that, it seems. These guys are poised to knock this out of the park in my opinion.

Comment

• UK Boy
                          • Apr 2011

I think it's good to have an update from them and to know they're still progressing. Yes they did originally plan to start phase II on autumn of last year but from what they've said it looks like they went away and changed some things and that's why the phase II is now gonna start later than they originally hoped. I'd sooner have a bit of a delay if it means they're going to progress more successfully. It's no good to us if they fly through the trials but come out of it with a sub standard product.

Comment

• HARIRI
                            • Nov 2012

RepliCel to Present at the 11th Annual BioPartnering North America Conference

February 19, 2013

Vancouver Convention Centre, Vancouver, BC, February 24-26th, 2013

VANCOUVER, BC – February 19th 2013 – RepliCel Life Sciences Inc (the “Company” or “RepliCel”) (OTCBB: REPCF) (CNSX: RP) today announced that the Company will present to a select group of biotech industry investors and experts at the 11th Annual BioPartnering North America Conference (“BPN”) in Vancouver, BC, on Monday, February 25th at 10:30am in room 121. David Hall, CEO, will give a corporate overview on RepliCel’s autologous cell replication technology and current clinical development plans.

Following the BPN conference, RepliCel is set to attend the 7th World Congress for Hair Research in Edinburgh on May 4-6th 2013. The Company looks forward to another international gathering of the global hair research societies.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by HARIRI
                              RepliCel to Present at the 11th Annual BioPartnering North America Conference

February 19, 2013

Vancouver Convention Centre, Vancouver, BC, February 24-26th, 2013

VANCOUVER, BC – February 19th 2013 – RepliCel Life Sciences Inc (the “Company” or “RepliCel”) (OTCBB: REPCF) (CNSX: RP) today announced that the Company will present to a select group of biotech industry investors and experts at the 11th Annual BioPartnering North America Conference (“BPN”) in Vancouver, BC, on Monday, February 25th at 10:30am in room 121. David Hall, CEO, will give a corporate overview on RepliCel’s autologous cell replication technology and current clinical development plans.

Following the BPN conference, RepliCel is set to attend the 7th World Congress for Hair Research in Edinburgh on May 4-6th 2013. The Company looks forward to another international gathering of the global hair research societies.

So what news will they present the 25?

Comment

• Kiwi
                                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by feartheloss
                                so what news will they present the 25?
                                what a piece of crap their product is and that it will be ready by the year 2025!!!!

Comment

Working...