Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NotBelievingIt
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Dan26
    DHT is our friend bro! Inhibiting it is not the best way to grow hair! It is about reversing the damage it has done with growth factors, stopping it from binding to the hair follicle with antiandrogens, and modulating immune response with PDG2 inhibitors to allow hair to grow.
    If there was a known way of "stopping it from binding to the hair follicile" then baldness would be cured.

Antiandrogens don't do that, anti-androgens inhibit the production of DHT, therefore "DHT is our friend!" and "antiandrogen" run counter to each other.

If you're PRO DHT, you are anti anti-androgen effectively. DHT is the strongest of all androgenic conversions from testosterone.

Comment

• stilted
      • May 2012

Originally posted by The Alchemist
      The continued follow-up period is a key component of the study to confirm treatment safety profile and response trends at 6, 12 and 24 months. "

If they're not going to show any data from 12 month interval, i'd be very curious to know the reason why.
      It's pretty obvious that they're hoping their product takes time to work instead of not at all. Grasping at straws, denying the inevitable: the stuff simply doesn't provide cosmetically viable results.

Comment

• Dan26
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by stilted
        It's pretty obvious that they're hoping their product takes time to work instead of not at all. Grasping at straws, denying the inevitable: the stuff simply doesn't provide cosmetically viable results.
        Those are some damn expensive straws their graspin at !

Comment

• stilted
          • May 2012

Those are some damn expensive straws their graspin at !
          Yes, and if they release 12 month data, their stock will be at 5 cents instead of 75 cents overnight.

*And no one hopes I'm more wrong about this than me. I just don't see it being the case.

Comment

• gutted
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by stilted
            Yes, and if they release 12 month data, their stock will be at 5 cents instead of 75 cents overnight.

*And no one hopes I'm more wrong about this than me. I just don't see it being the case.
            dude i can almost see this stock crashing, would love to profit from this, but dont know how!

Comment

• Pate
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by The Alchemist
              They're not going to release any 12 month data. At least not according to what David Hall said in the last presentation they gave for Rodman and Renshaw. He said the next data point for I/II was going to be 24 months.

I could've swore they had listed their timepoints as 6, 12, and 24 months. Maybe i'm mistaken, but i don't think so.
              Thanks for the info. I didn't see the Rodman and Renshaw presentation.

They definitely did list their original timepoints as 6, 12 and 24. They've obviously changed it - which seems bizarre. Maybe they want to focus all their efforts on the Phase IIb. But it's a big loss IMO.

Originally posted by NotBelievingIt
              If there was a known way of "stopping it from binding to the hair follicile" then baldness would be cured.

Antiandrogens don't do that, anti-androgens inhibit the production of DHT, therefore "DHT is our friend!" and "antiandrogen" run counter to each other.

If you're PRO DHT, you are anti anti-androgen effectively. DHT is the strongest of all androgenic conversions from testosterone.
              Not quite. 5AR inhibitors inhibit the production of DHT. But they aren't really anti-androgens in the true sense of the word, they anti-5AR drugs. True anti-androgens do stop androgens binding to the androgen receptor in the hair follicle, usually by competing antagonistically (ie blocking the receptor without activating it). A true anti-androgen will work on both T and DHT.

Unfortunately, stopping it binding to the hair follicle doesn't cure it like you suggested. It will stop hair loss progressing if you use it early enough, but regrowth will be limited, and we now think that is because the PGD2 remains even after the androgens are blocked.

Comment

• Artista
                • Apr 2010

The basic point is " to confirm treatment" meaning its EFFICACY.
                You cannot snap photos to post to the public midway through a full blown medical STUDY.

Comment

• stilted
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by gutted
                  dude i can almost see this stock crashing, would love to profit from this, but dont know how!

It's called buying a put option on REPCF, although I doubt you can find a place to do it on a penny stock.

Comment

• UK_
                    • Feb 2011

Heres the company on the Canadian Stock Exchange.

Comment

• UK_
                      • Feb 2011

Forgot to add:

Comment

• Dan26
                        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Pate
                        Thanks for the info. I didn't see the Rodman and Renshaw presentation.

They definitely did list their original timepoints as 6, 12 and 24. They've obviously changed it - which seems bizarre. Maybe they want to focus all their efforts on the Phase IIb. But it's a big loss IMO.

Not quite. 5AR inhibitors inhibit the production of DHT. But they aren't really anti-androgens in the true sense of the word, they anti-5AR drugs. True anti-androgens do stop androgens binding to the androgen receptor in the hair follicle, usually by competing antagonistically (ie blocking the receptor without activating it). A true anti-androgen will work on both T and DHT.

Unfortunately, stopping it binding to the hair follicle doesn't cure it like you suggested. It will stop hair loss progressing if you use it early enough, but regrowth will be limited, and we now think that is because the PGD2 remains even after the androgens are blocked.
                        Yea man that's what I was saying. My point was that fin is not necessary to regrow hair. You need anti androgen to stop, growth factor to repair, and PGD2 to create an environment in which you will actually grow hair.

Comment

• UK_
                          • Feb 2011

Yea man that's what I was saying. My point was that fin is not necessary to regrow hair. You need anti androgen to stop, growth factor to repair, and PGD2 to create an environment in which you will actually grow hair.
                          I dont even think we need to go through all those stages, the answer to hair loss is stuck on the back of all our heads. All we need to do is create a therapy like replicels in which we can replicate the immune hairs on the back of the head, combine it with a HT and there you have it.... NW7 to NW1.

Comment

• Conpecia
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                            I dont even think we need to go through all those stages, the answer to hair loss is stuck on the back of all our heads. All we need to do is create a therapy like replicels in which we can replicate the immune hairs on the back of the head, combine it with a HT and there you have it.... NW7 to NW1.
                            Not sure if you know the answer to this, but do donor area hairs behave the same way as the original hairs? I seem to remember something about how they fall differently and feel different, also distinctly remember Scissorboy saying that in his video on Gho. That's my biggest hesitation when it comes to HTs.

Comment

• UK_
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Conpecia
                              Not sure if you know the answer to this, but do donor area hairs behave the same way as the original hairs? I seem to remember something about how they fall differently and feel different, also distinctly remember Scissorboy saying that in his video on Gho. That's my biggest hesitation when it comes to HTs.
                              The difference is slight - and in all honesty - id choose a full head of donor hair over baldness any day of the week. From looking at how people are able to style their hair after a HT, the only issues preventing them from looking completely natural IMHO are either awful jobs on the side of the surgeon or simply rubbish coverage (eg poor survival rate of grafts).

I just wish we could get to a stage where we could get a HT done, say 3000 grafts, then go in a week later for injections until we're happy with the density/coverage. For decades surgeons and patients have understood the prime problem with treating hair loss is limited donor, the 'type' of hair hasnt been a major factor preventing them from proceeding to address this central issue.

Then again, we'd all love to walk into a chemist, get a tub of "NeverBald" and wake up as a NW1. I just prefer to take interest in what seems more realistically plausible.

Comment

• Dan26
                                • Jul 2012

I was actually going to add what you just said at the end of my comment. I rather just get a full coverage HT then have to deal with a bunch of different topical s or injections. It would be annoying and constantly draining your pockets. With cloning of donor hair a full coverage HT should not be THAT expensive, compared to extracting thousands of grafts.

Comment

Working...