+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 90 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast

I think they release results at their quarterly report. I am pretty sure it is at the end of this month. Man we really need this soon. Especially now that it does not look like there will be a full blown cure for a while.

It better not fail, because if it fails we're ****ed.

It's our only chance for a better treatment in the near future.

The good thing is that CB-03-01 comes from well estabilished company - Cosmo Pharmaceuticals. They already managed to succesfully release several drugs on the market.

Also, CB will be licensed worldwide to another big pharma company - Valeant, so it's likely that Valeant knows that it works so they bought the rights and are pumping cash into research.

This is the latest statement about CB-03-01 from Cosmo (from March 27th 2014):

CB-03-01
    Together with Intrepid Therapeutics we initiated the dose escalating phase II
    trial for acne. The trial is progressing as planned and is expected to end in the
    first half of 2014 with the end of phase III meeting scheduled late in the second
    half.

During 2013 we completed additional formulation and stability tests for
    CB-03-01 lotion for the treatment of alopecia. In late Q4 we had a pre IND meeting with the FDA with no additional requests being filed by the regulator. The proof of concept trial is scheduled to be started in the first half of 2014.
    They will end (or have already ended) Phase II acne trials in H1 2014, and will probably start phase III in H2 2014, or 2015. So I think we can expect CB for acne on the market in 2017-2018. I wonder if acne cream will work for MPB?

Also, they plan to start (or have already started) Proof of Concept (also known as Phase I/IIa I believe) trial for alopecia in H1 2014. They say that they will be testing lotion CB in lotion for alopecia, so they already have some vehicle for it.

So if everything goes well, I think we'll have acne version on the shelves in 2017-2018, and MPB version 2-3 years later (or faster if CB will prove to be safe for acne, and maybe they will be able to speed up the process).

So 2020-2021 is probably when we'll have CB for MPB.

Well, I know that 6-7 years is not that near at all, but it's still better than to wait decades for promised "cures".

I can't hold off any longer. I am going to go with 5% cb once a week. Does anyone have a recommendation for a vehicle? How harsh is oleyl? I'm thinking of 9:1 oleyl and pg. Also, should I mention that I am going use cb to my doctor? Will I be ridiculed and forced to be on propecia instead?

Hello,

5% once a week ? It's a bad idea....
    You need to use 5% / Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Seuxin View Post
    Hello,

5% once a week ? It's a bad idea....
    You need to use 5% / Day.
    As far as I know, cosmo study showed cb is good for a week? Are you suggesting daily usuage because cosmo used iontophoresis? But isn't cosmo also developing topical cb that you only have to use once a week? I don't know what vehicle cosmo is using, but I doubt efficacy is so far off from the study. Perhaps twice a week? I know nothing of chemistry though. I cant afford daily use of cb 5%. In that case I will have to try ru instead. Please let me know what you guys think.

Cosmo is giving a update in a week, right now I would not purchase cb because if the expense , ha e u considered find and Minox?

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    Cosmo is giving a update in a week, right now I would not purchase cb because if the expense , ha e u considered find and Minox?
    I could hold off for another week I suppose. I feel iffy about fin and minox though. The whole systemic thing and minox's effect on the heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Allowme View Post
    I could hold off for another week I suppose. I feel iffy about fin and minox though. The whole systemic thing and minox's effect on the heart.
    Don't be so foolish , jump on fin and Minox first

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    Don't be so foolish , jump on fin and Minox first
    I am wary of minox due to family history. Some of those studies on minox and the heart sound worrisome. And it also sounds as though minox gains hair cosmetically not actually combatting androgen alopecia. I can't tell if I am being irrational or not due to sudden of hair loss. I am more convinced of trying cb than fin. Sorry for straying away from topic. All your inputs are appreciated. I spent so much tine reading through the forum I am having hard time digesting the info and decide what is the best course of action.

My advice if you are worried about fin would see a cardiologist. Preferably someone who is familiar with your family history, and talk to him about minoxidil for you. As for the fin goes all you can do is try it. More people do not get sides than those who do.