X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbtadmin
    Administrator
    • Sep 2008

Jason Gardiner's Hair Transplant with Dr. Craig Ziering

IAHRS accepted member Dr. Craig Ziering discusses the hair transplant that he and his team performed on "Dancing On Ice" star Jason Gardiner.

• bullitnut
    • Dec 2008

I think the results looked great........... here is a link to a UK interview he did on a British Tv programme. Well done Jason for talking about Hairtransplants on National TV, hopefully it will get rid of some of the social stigma attached with these types of procedures.

Well done Dr Zeiring..... Nice job!!!
    all opinions expressed are my own based solely on my own experiences and knowledge, i do not work for any clinic/doctor. 2 bad UK ht's and 1 world class ht with SMG.
    my blog www.hairlosstips.co.uk

Comment

• thejack
      • Dec 2009

Everything is right about this job apart from he paid $10 per graft for a strip procedure!

Comment

• CVAZBAR
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by thejack
        Everything is right about this job apart from he paid $10 per graft for a strip procedure!
        I actually thought he looked good bald but I also understand he obviously preferred hair. The job was well done unfortunately it is too much money for a HT and the scar is included. I'm glad he had great results though. Yes, you can do something about it but at what cost? They can't even guarantee maximum results. ****en rats! Doc z is cool though.

Comment

• Bakez
          • Dec 2010

He is probably better looking bald, which sort of backs up my feelings in that I don't give a shit what I look like, the hair is just part of your identity which is why its so hard.

Comment

• CVAZBAR
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Bakez
            He is probably better looking bald, which sort of backs up my feelings in that I don't give a shit what I look like, the hair is just part of your identity which is why its so hard.
            If I was him, I wouldn't even get a HT. The guy looked good bald. I would have just waited for something new to come out that would not involve scars. You can buy a ****en car with that money ha.

Comment

• Spex
              Dr Representative
              • Nov 2008

BIG kudos to him for coming out - well done! In my opinion he is wearing a great deal of concealer. No one can get full coverage from 3500 session in just 8 months. Shame they didn't disclose the actual result and the fact he was wearing concealers in my opinion. Many will assume thats a legit result when concealers are involved, in my opinion.
              Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• clee984
                • Feb 2010

I'd be interested to know how much concealer he's wearing. He looks good though, best of luck to him.

Comment

• Winston
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by clee984
                  I'd be interested to know how much concealer he's wearing. He looks good though, best of luck to him.
                  Concealer or no consealer he looks really good. He seems very happy and that’s what’s important.

Comment

• bullitnut
                    • Dec 2008

concealor or no concealor the result looks great and Jason deserves loads of credit for talking about his procedure on TV, hes a damn site braver than me. Well done mr Gardiner, you have my respect!!
                    all opinions expressed are my own based solely on my own experiences and knowledge, i do not work for any clinic/doctor. 2 bad UK ht's and 1 world class ht with SMG.
                    my blog www.hairlosstips.co.uk

Comment

• Jotronic
                      • Nov 2008

The more I think about this the more irritated I get. Don't get me wrong, I think the result looks quite good and more importantly Jason deserves credit for coming out so publicly like this. It can only shed a more positive light on this field when celebrities like Jason come out and discuss it openly from beginning to end. I wish more celebrities would come forward.

However, make no mistake, this was a planned PR opportunity from the start and while it is actually a good thing in general the overall final presentation is misleading and in fact dangerous.

Jason is wearing tons of concealer in the "This Morning" interview. I agree 100% with Spex that there is no way, none, nada, zilch, that 3501 grafts will give a NW6 this much coverage much less density. The danger in presenting this "remarkable" result is that anyone that sees this, and trust me, there are a lot of people that have seen this, will think that if they have aggressive hair loss then 3500 grafts should take care of them in one go.

The sad reality is that as most experienced members and patients know, closer to double this amount will give a NW6 anything resembling acceptable coverage but even 7000 grafts will not give this kind of density (mainly the crown) as it appears in the video that the density is near native (100%).

This is not a slam against Jason Gardiner. Again, I think it was very commendable for him to come forward. I could see it in his eyes that he was very forthcoming about how his hair loss affected him and how the hat he has worn over the 8 months of recovery became a psychological crutch. I've been there myself so I know how it feels and to be honest, I don't think he realizes the misrepresentation that he is providing by using concealer in an interview solely about his new hair. Regardless of whether or not HE realizes it, others do and the presentation of his hair transplant result as being ONLY from a surgical treatment will lead other uninformed television viewers to think that they too can get 3500 grafts on their NW6 hair loss patterned heads and get full density and full coverage.
                      www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Comment

• Winston
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Jotronic
                        The more I think about this the more irritated I get. Don't get me wrong, I think the result looks quite good and more importantly Jason deserves credit for coming out so publicly like this. It can only shed a more positive light on this field when celebrities like Jason come out and discuss it openly from beginning to end. I wish more celebrities would come forward.

However, make no mistake, this was a planned PR opportunity from the start and while it is actually a good thing in general the overall final presentation is misleading and in fact dangerous.

Jason is wearing tons of concealer in the "This Morning" interview. I agree 100% with Spex that there is no way, none, nada, zilch, that 3501 grafts will give a NW6 this much coverage much less density. The danger in presenting this "remarkable" result is that anyone that sees this, and trust me, there are a lot of people that have seen this, will think that if they have aggressive hair loss then 3500 grafts should take care of them in one go.

The sad reality is that as most experienced members and patients know, closer to double this amount will give a NW6 anything resembling acceptable coverage but even 7000 grafts will not give this kind of density (mainly the crown) as it appears in the video that the density is near native (100%).

This is not a slam against Jason Gardiner. Again, I think it was very commendable for him to come forward. I could see it in his eyes that he was very forthcoming about how his hair loss affected him and how the hat he has worn over the 8 months of recovery became a psychological crutch. I've been there myself so I know how it feels and to be honest, I don't think he realizes the misrepresentation that he is providing by using concealer in an interview solely about his new hair. Regardless of whether or not HE realizes it, others do and the presentation of his hair transplant result as being ONLY from a surgical treatment will lead other uninformed television viewers to think that they too can get 3500 grafts on their NW6 hair loss patterned heads and get full density and full coverage.
                        If this was a planned PR opportunity from the start then kudos to Dr. Ziering! I think it’s fantastic for all of us who are going through this, as it only brings light to a subject that has been in the shadows too long. I’m sure Jason wears consealer because it makes him feel better. Yes it is a little misleading if this is not explained to the pubic, but the bottom line is that he is happy. I don’t think he would have come out publically if he wasn’t absolutely thrilled with his results. I do see Jotronic and Spex’s point, but I think it’s irrelevant in the bigger scheme of things. I guess I could be wrong, but I think this is a good thing.

Comment

• Jotronic
                          • Nov 2008

I don't mean to sound like a doom and gloom spreader. Far from it but I've busted my ass (as have Spex, Spencer and some others) for years trying to educate patients about what is realistic with hair restoration. Then comes Jason Gardiner and his hair transplant of only 3501 grafts making the million or so people that watched the show think that the cure for aggressive hair loss is here.

I'll tell you one thing, if I were to ever show a result from Hasson & Wong, of myself or any other patient, with even a hint of Toppik or some other concealer you guys would have my hide up on a wall for trying to pass it off as a natural result. Think about it.
                          Last edited by Jotronic; 03-29-2011, 02:50 PM.
                          www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Comment

• CVAZBAR
                            • Dec 2010

Do concealers make that much of a difference? How do they apply it? On scalp or hair? You keep saying aggressive hair loss, do you mean those people are not good candidates for HT?

Comment

• Winston
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Jotronic
                              I don't mean to sound like a doom and gloom spreader. Far from it but I've busted my ass (as have Spex, Spencer and some others) for years trying to educate patients about what is realistic with hair restoration. Then comes Jason Gardiner and his hair transplant of only 3501 grafts making the million or so people that watched the show think that the cure for aggressive hair loss is here.

I'll tell you one thing, if I were to ever show a result from Hasson & Wong, of myself or any other patient, with even a hint of Toppik or some other concealer you guys would have my hide up on a wall for trying to pass it off as a natural result. Think about it.
                              I think that you and Spex and some of the others who work for the top clinics are held to a higher standard when you show results on the forum and I think that you should be. This is a celebrity on television. He doesn't have to play by the same rules and probably does not even understand that he is being misleading in any way. I think he should be commended not criticized for coming out about his hair transplant, but I do understand your points and they are valid.

Comment

Working...