Jason Gardiner's Hair Transplant with Dr. Craig Ziering

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blowmeup
    • Nov 2008

I think it’s good that people in the UK have another good doc to go to now. I think the only other one in the IAHRS is Farjo. One question, why did he have to fly to California if Doc Z in also in the UK?

Comment

• clee984
      • Feb 2010

I think one thing we can all agree on, concealor or no, Dr Z has done a fantastic job with Mr Gardiner. And that Dr Z is willing to come onto this forum and answer questions and criticisms (polite and valid though they are) speaks volumes for his integrity as a doctor, imo.

Also, has anyone considered that perhaps the make-up people from the 'This morning' tv show applied concealor for the interview, not Mr Gardiner?

Comment

• bhoys
        • Feb 2011

I agree it is very clean and top quality work carried out by Dr Ziering and that he got the absolute maximum in terms of results from the grafts he had at his disposal. However I cannot for one second believe that Jason Gardiner is not using a significant and I do mean significant amount of concealer. It is not sour grapes in my eyes from either joe or spex and I dont care who they work for or promote. If that is the result with just 3500 grafts on a norwood 6 then that is a cure right there. C'mon guys we all want this to be a typical result for all patients but it so clearly is not the case. The Dr said Jason had excellent hair characteristics, well all i can say is that they must be the best characteristics in the history of human kind. This in my opinion is being portrayed as a normal result and I believe that to be grossly misleading.

Comment

• gillenator
          • Dec 2008

Dr. Craig Ziering is a former "long term" HT doctor with Medical Hair Restoration, which was officially acquired by Bosley last year. People keep asking me what happened to MHR. I am shocked that more folks are not aware that the former two hair mills in this country are now one huge, and I do mean HUGE chain. Buyer Beware!

Craig Ziering, D.O. was the former Medical Director of MHR for Matt Leavitt. Ziering worked in large cities such as Chicago and most recently in Manhattan, NY before he left MHR and headed for the coast.

$10.00 per strip graft?! You have to be kidding. That's even more than straight FUE or BH! Old habits die hard?

There are so many independent veteran HT docs, and especially in this community of IAHRS, who do absolutely awesome work at half that cost.
          "Gillenator"
          Independent Patient Advocate
          more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• blowmeup
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by gillenator
            Dr. Craig Ziering is a former "long term" HT doctor with Medical Hair Restoration, which was officially acquired by Bosley last year. People keep asking me what happened to MHR. I am shocked that more folks are not aware that the former two hair mills in this country are now one huge, and I do mean HUGE chain. Buyer Beware!

Craig Ziering, D.O. was the former Medical Director of MHR for Matt Leavitt. Ziering worked in large cities such as Chicago and most recently in Manhattan, NY before he left MHR and headed for the coast.

$10.00 per strip graft?! You have to be kidding. That's even more than straight FUE or BH! Old habits die hard?

There are so many independent veteran HT docs, and especially in this community of IAHRS, who do absolutely awesome work at half that cost.
            I have read on the net that Dr. William Rassman from baldingblog was the medical director for Bosley before he opened his own business? Does that make him a bad doctor? What does any of this have to do with this thread? Doc Z said that he charges the same rates as all of the doctors that I’ve contacted in the IAHRS, about $5 per graft. Isn't that the norm?

Comment

• gillenator
              • Dec 2008

Go back and watch the program again. The price quote was $35,000 for 3500 grafts. You do the math.

And for the record, I never said he was a bad doctor. I consider any doctors entire history in the industry good or bad. I put more weight on that than one single example of his/her work.

And it's very interesting that you use Dr. Rassman in an example.

I am only stating the facts as they are.
              "Gillenator"
              more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• blowmeup
                • Nov 2008

According to Doc Z he charges the same as other doctors. This is what Doc Z wrote in this thread.

“I Would like to clarify a few things if I may ...
                1. Price: Jason paid 35,000 USD which is my charge for maximum harvest and closing the office down to all other patients and consults.
                I typically do 2 cases per day at 5-7 USD per graft.”

I thought Dr. Rassman was a very highly regarded as a hair transplant doctor and he was the medical director for Bosley at one time right? . Why would you say it was interesting to use Dr. Rassman as an example? Isn’t he good?

Comment

• gillenator
                  • Dec 2008

I don't think Dr. Rassman was the director for Bosley, Lee Bosley, the founding doc was. Rassman was in practice with Bob Bernstein out of NYC for many years and he was affiliated with another large national franchise but right off hand, I forget the name of it. It had a horrible reputation like MHR.

It sounds like Jason paid an exorbant fee since he was the sole patient of the day and had to cover the clinic's missing revenue?! What the doctor calls "his maximum charge for maximum harvest for the day?!" That appears very unfair to me.

The video quoted $35,000.00 at $10.00 per graft. The doc later brought down his price quote once patients started questioning the exorbant price in this thread.

Typical MHR practice IMHO.
                  "Gillenator"
                  more.hair@verizon.net

Comment

• Don'tDoIt
                    • Jul 2010

Dr. Ziering performed my HT in the late 1990's. He promised me the moon but did not deliver. I was naive.

Dr. Ziering's job gave me a pluggy looking hairline made of minigrafts. He left me with a wide strip scar across the back of my head. He said that no one would ever notice my strip scar. What a joke. You can see this thing from a mile away. You can guess my opinion of Dr. Ziering before I even encountered this thread.

I agree with all the above commenters that Jason Gardiner had a ton of concealer on his head during that program. And Dr. Ziering knows it. Yet he still feigns ignorance. That tells you something right there.

Comment

• gillenator
                      • Dec 2008

[QUOTE=Don'tDoIt;25750]Dr. Ziering performed my HT in the late 1990's. He promised me the moon but did not deliver. I was naive.

Dr. Ziering's job gave me a pluggy looking hairline made of minigrafts. He left me with a wide strip scar across the back of my head. He said that no one would ever notice my strip scar. What a joke. You can see this thing from a mile away. You can guess my opinion of Dr. Ziering before I even encountered this thread.

I agree with all the above commenters that Jason Gardiner had a ton of concealer on his head during that program. And Dr. Ziering knows it. Yet he still feigns ignorance. That tells you something right there.[/QUOTE

Don'tDoIt,

Thank you for your honesty and bravery in coming forth. Believe me, you're not alone. You must have been one of Ziering's Chicago patients?

I agree with you concerning the concealers and how deceptive they are in pics. AND OF COURSE EVERYBODY IN THE OFFICE KNEW ABOUT IT!!!

Again I say, BUYER BEWARE!
                      "Gillenator"
                      more.hair@verizon.net

Comment

• bhoys
                        • Feb 2011

I was never one of the people who were overcome with hysteria about Histogen but I was quietly optimistic, I currently no longer feel very optimistic.

Comment

• Spex
                          Dr Representative
                          • Nov 2008

Interesting info Gill - i was not aware of that.

I will post some clinical pictures(within the next 24 hours ) on that site at about 8 months post op that are styled to expose the thin areas .
                          Dr Z,

Do you still intend to post true life pictures exposing the thin areas? be good to still see them to compare.

Regards
                          Spex
                          Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• gillenator
                            • Dec 2008

Spex,

Are you referring to Dr. Ziering's history with Medical Hair Restoration? When Dr. Matt Leavitt founded MHR, I believe it was started in Chicago and Ziering was one of the founding docs in the beginning years. He was with MHR for quite some time and IMHO, had a major influence in how the company was run in day-to-day operations.

Not very many people are aware of this.
                            "Gillenator"
                            more.hair@verizon.net

Comment

• 67mph
                              • Mar 2010

WOH!

took me a while, but i got there in the end, i got to the end of the thread and here i am...

some interesting battles happening between posters, all makes for very interesting reading.

Many valid points and some (i feel) misplaced opinions, but anyway, to keep it light, first and last point to be raised by me and that's the respect i have for a person like Jason Gardnier, whatever the result (quite good), him using concealar (quite a bit), him not mentioning the concealer (perhaps should have), the price he paid (do your research guys), who with (...do your research guys!) the fact this guy came forward and told his story to us all, then that warrants everyones respect and i have no doubt helps hairloss sufferers the world over!

regards, and hey ...can't wait for the next 'celeb' to come out, bring on the thread,
                              57mph

Comment

• CVAZBAR
                                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by bhoys
                                I was never one of the people who were overcome with hysteria about Histogen but I was quietly optimistic, I currently no longer feel very optimistic.
                                ****! Histogen was the first thing that came to my mind as well. Now I don't know what to think. This is a shitty industry. Hopefully Doc Z is not playing us and I'm sure Spencer would probably do something about this also. Hopefully he has been honest with his information and if he is not, KARMA is a bitch.

Comment

Working...