X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve32
    • Mar 2011

Any feedback on Dr. Pistone?

Hello,

I'm new here. Anyone here ever have any work done by Dr. Pistone? I'm meeting him next month and I might consider getting a HT done by him. I think he's the most well known HT doctor in the Philadelphia/Souh NJ area. I don't see much talk about him on here though. Thanks for your help
  • dnrdavid
    • Mar 2011

Hey steve I have had a few trqnsplants from dr true and bernstein but due to his somewhat lower cost than the obove mentioned doctors I am intrested . I have no complaints about true and or berstein and my hair looks great , I just need a touch up and did not want to spend the big bucks and have if he is one of the dr on the bald truth site he could be good ,I still don't know

Comment

• Frickster01
      • Aug 2010

Dr. Pistone

I had my HT with Dr. Pistone last Aug. and am very satisfied with the results. Let me know if you need any more info.

Comment

• dnrdavid
        • Mar 2011

Hey thanks for the info ,just wanted to know does your scar look good and I heard pistone will use slightly bigger grafts 3 0r 4 follic is that good or bad ?

Comment

• Frickster01
          • Aug 2010

Dr. Pistone

David,

The scar is barely detectable - my barber says its the best job he's seen of a dozen clients who had the strip surgery. I don't think Dr. Pistone uses any particular size grafts as I know he is a stickler for not wasting grafts and will use whatever the donor strip will yield. I had approx. 2100 grafts of all sizes, smaller ones in the front for the hairline and bigger ones as you go further back towards the crown. Good luck.

Frickster01

Comment

• Steve32
            • Mar 2011

Thanks Dave. I'm meeting Dr. Piston next month. All I pretty much need is just a litte work on the hairline, nothing on the scalp. So my main concern will be how good his work on hairlines will be. My hair is pretty long to begin with so I hope that can work for a cover up if I decide to get the surgery. Also former Philadelphia Flyer Bernie Parent had his HT do by Dr. Pistone and his looks great

Comment

• jerryforestburger
              • Mar 2011

deleted post

Is it just me or am I going crazy. I could have sworn I saw a post on here under this thread not recommending Pistone and now it is removed. I too am looking at going to Pistone and I wouldn't be deterred by one bad post but if it was removed and all bad reviews are removed then whats the point in having this forum.

I can't make up my mind on which surgeon to go to. After doing a lot of research on this website it appears to me like wong/hasson in Vancover are probably the best. The only problem is how much will it costs with airfare compared to a local surgeon. Also I read someplace there is a tax like 18% now that is charged in Canada.

Comment

• tbtadmin
                Administrator
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by jerryforestburger
                Is it just me or am I going crazy. I could have sworn I saw a post on here under this thread not recommending Pistone and now it is removed.
                There have been no posts deleted from this thread.

Comment

• dnrdavid
                  • Mar 2011

Hey anyone got some more info or pics on dr pistone ?

Comment

• fauxhawk
                    • Oct 2011

Here is what my hair looks like AFTER I went to Dr. Pistone. I actually lost more hair than I had going in. I regret the surgery every single day of my life and now I have awful scars in the back of my head that if I shave my head...stand out and look hideous. You can imagine how furious I am.

Comment

• Frickster01
                      • Aug 2010

Fauxhawk,

Sorry to hear about your situation. Have you spoken to Dr. Pistone about what might have happened in your circumstance? He strikes me as a Dr. that would make things right if he could and does guarantee his work. Anyway, I hope things work out for the best for you!

Sincerely,

Frickster01

Comment

• fauxhawk
                        • Oct 2011

Yeah, I did call a year and a half later to complain about the painful scars and the fact my hair looked worse but what were they going to do? They can't fix it and if they did, it wouldn't be for free and I signed a waiver so I assumed I was SOL.

Comment

• wylie
                          • Sep 2011

I saw where he gave a young guy a really low hairline that looked unnatural and he was forced to shave his head and make excuses why he had a huge scar. I can't believe he has gotten that much better in the past 3 years. Funny thing was, numerous posters advised him not to go there and he did anyway.

Those wanting to save money should first consider how much it's worth going through life disfigured.

Comment

• jerryforestburger
                            • Mar 2011

Dr. Pistone

Hey fauxhawk,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I went to Dr. Pistone for a consultation. They were very nice but I decided to go with Dr. Feller in NY City. Reason was Pistone had girls (models) on his website. Seemed kinda low class to me. Also he would only do a max of 2k graphs i believe. If you wanted more u would have to have a 2nd surgery. Anyway I'm happy with my results with Feller. Its only been a couple months. He did 1500 graphs, I wanted more and he talked me out of it. He was afraid of shock loss and after doing more research he was correct. He was extremely honest and was very appreciative to have my business. You should do some research if you are going to try and have another surgery. If I hadn't gone to Feller I would have gone to Vancover (Long&Wassan?) as those guys are the best from what I have seen/heard.

If you don't have the money I did see a group in California that were looking for volunteers to have a machine do the implants. I think they were in stage 2 last june. Maybe they will do another stage and be looking for volunteers.

Good Luck

Comment

• jerryforestburger
                              • Mar 2011

Dr. Pistone

fauxhawk,

You have before pics?
                              How many graphs u have done?

If you can't afford another surgery perhaps you could do what I'm planning on doing if my HT doesn't work out for me. I would do the FUE (I think that's what it's called) along my scar and then shave my head. Most white guys doesn't look right with a shaved head but a lot more lately are doing it anyway. Some women actually like it.

Comment

Working...