Do I need to wash my hair everytime I use regaine foam?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geek84
    • Feb 2010

Do I need to wash my hair everytime I use regaine foam?

Hi Folks

I have started to use regaine foam recently. Can someone confirm to me if I need to wash my hair (to take out the foam that I have put on my bald patch the last time), then towel dry my hair BEFORE putting on the next batch of the foam?

I take it that you cannot put 2 courses of the foam on your head within 12 hours?

Thank you
  • Bryan
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by geek84
    Hi Folks

I have started to use regaine foam recently. Can someone confirm to me if I need to wash my hair (to take out the foam that I have put on my bald patch the last time), then towel dry my hair BEFORE putting on the next batch of the foam?

I take it that you cannot put 2 courses of the foam on your head within 12 hours?

Thank you
    As long as you don't have a huge buildup your fine. You aren't expected to shower twice a day. Just apply every 12 hours and shower regularly (keep in mind never to wash your hair within 4 hours after applying).

Bryan

Comment

• KeepTheHair
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by geek84
      Hi Folks

Thank you
      Really doesn't matter how much you have in your hair. I have gone months without leaving it on for longer than an hour and didn't shed. Minoxidil absorbs really quick. What I did was applied it before shower(30-60 mins, once daily), wait and then wash out so my hair was clean.

Now I leave it in. The longer the better obvious though. Try to leave it in for 4+ as Bryan says.

Comment

• saniaa83
        • Feb 2011

There are only minor side effects with Rogaine. But some users do experience certain problems such as scalp irritation, itching, and dandruff. However, this can be treated with a good shampoo like Nizoral or Neutrogena T-Gel. There may also be an increase in hair shedding at the start of the treatment. You shouldn’t panic, as this may actually be a signal that the treatment is working.

Comment

• xan923
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by saniaa83
          There are only minor side effects with Rogaine. But some users do experience certain problems such as scalp irritation, itching, and dandruff. However, this can be treated with a good shampoo like Nizoral or Neutrogena T-Gel. There may also be an increase in hair shedding at the start of the treatment. You shouldn’t panic, as this may actually be a signal that the treatment is working.
          Does the foam also have the scalp irritation issue. I thought only the liquid form that has propylene glycol will cause scalp irritation.

Comment

Working...