Threaded View

Default Finally Taking Action Against my Hairloss

I started losing Hair when I was about 19, most of it due to stress, poor diet and disruptive sleeping pattern. I am nearly 25 now, and the process of losing hair has never stopped and now, I am at a stage where I get comments about my apparent hair loss quite often. I have lost hair both at and near the crown of my head as well as have a receding hairline from the front and very thin hair towards the front of my head. I have finally decided to take serious action to fight my hair loss and regain my hair.

I used Minoxidil a couple of times during the last 12 months, for a short burst of 30 days or so, so its fair to say, I shouldn't expect any results from that. I am at the very beginning of my research, so I have a lot to learn, but here is my action plan for now before I consider a transplant and other surgical options.

1. Get my hair cut very very short, i.e. something like this

2. Get a Hair Massager like the Idream - I am not sure, how likely this is to work, but I think this could be a good way to improve blood circulation to the head.

3. Use Minoxidil religiously for the next 6 months - Is that long enough to expect results?

4. Work on a better diet, i.e. incorporate a lot more green vegetables to my diet.

I know these are all very basic steps, but I would like to start with these and see where I am at the end of 6 months, before I go in for the more extreme measures. Would love to your input on these and any other things I could do along with the above steps. I was also wondering, if it would be a good idea to include propecia as part of my plan?

Would appreciate your suggestions very much.