Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Supernova
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Gubter_87
    You're forgetting that if this makes it through trials it will be the third treatment ever approved by the FDA for treatment of hair loss.
    The general "scam" product that you are talking about does not go through the rigorous testing for efficiacy and safety that is mandatory when seeking approval for a potential medical treatment.

You can't compare this to the other scam products out there - if this makes it through the trials it will definately be beneficial!
    Oh yeah? Well then how about Rogaine? That's "FDA Approved" and it's a scam. Yes I know, there a claims and reports of people re-growing hair from the use of Rogaine, but are you getting the hair you're paying for? Seriously, people spend over $500 a year on something that only gives them little to no more hair? I've never seen a real miracle story with Rogaine. But as far as Histogen goes, I don't know.. I think they only treatment for Male Pattern Baldness that will do anyone any good will be the cure. Meaning, when scientists find a way to awaken the stem cells in the scalp to re-grow follicles into new hairs. Histogen sounds like it's just going to be another stimulation, like the equivalent to taking certain multi-vitamins to promote hair-growth.

Comment

• UK_
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Supernova
      Oh yeah? Well then how about Rogaine? That's "FDA Approved" and it's a scam. Yes I know, there a claims and reports of people re-growing hair from the use of Rogaine, but are you getting the hair you're paying for? Seriously, people spend over $500 a year on something that only gives them little to no more hair? I've never seen a real miracle story with Rogaine. But as far as Histogen goes, I don't know.. I think they only treatment for Male Pattern Baldness that will do anyone any good will be the cure. Meaning, when scientists find a way to awaken the stem cells in the scalp to re-grow follicles into new hairs. Histogen sounds like it's just going to be another stimulation, like the equivalent to taking certain multi-vitamins to promote hair-growth.
      Histogen has promising Phase I results and an exciting factor was when Dr Ziering stated that the hair maintained/continued to grow even after a 2 year follow-up. This was after one injection of a very small amount of the HSC; the theory stacks up - they mimic what occurs during embryogenesis, we know wnt proteins are instrumental in signalling stem cells to perform certain actions.

A scam is a type of deception, how many times have you heard companies tell you that Rogaine (1) may not work for all people (2) you will lose whatever you gain/keep after stopping usage etc - just because the drug is not as effective does not make it a scam. I highly anticipate Phase II results, this year will be make or break, literally.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
        Inactive
        • Jan 2011

Let me put it this way Supernova.

If Histogen is a scam (i really doubt it because they also have a lot of other succesfull things in their portfolio), a scam which stops your hairloss and also gains regrow on every NW scale in a significant way, like they show it.

Well then iam very glad to fall for this scam. I really think you mistake Minoxil with cell treatment here.

HSC works in another way then Minox, i think that even if Histogen is not permanently and you have to get another injection every 5 years or so, with further injections will come more of your hairs back.

As Dr Ziering stated here, when some user asked a really good question about White and grey hair turn back to normal. You can see that HSC will turn back the clock for hairloss. Just accumulate how long (in years) it took for some people to turn their hair from lets say black to grey.

And i think as a rule of thumb you can say that one round of injection will buy you exactly this time again.

But maybe iam wrong and HSC is permanent. You know you can turn it as you will, a combination of lets say Acell/Plucking or Acell/FUE multiplication and Histogen is

way way way better then using Minox and Propecia. OK not only way better, its the future.

And yes its no coincident that they do their trials in asia. In fact a lot of other biotech companys do this as well.

And iam really glad that in asian countrys its not like in our western cultures, i mean right now people are discussing about stem cells and stuff, which is stupid.

I believe that every possible benefit in science should be used. Its like in this one episode of family guy. Where Peter got a stroke and then he went to a lab which said something like " Stem Cell Research" and he comes out of it normal and says something like " Wow and they really abandon this"

I know not every stem cell is a stem cell but the essence here should be clear.

Comment

• matlondon
          • Sep 2010

time to start saving, i know others that would like to grow hair but refuse to do ht. btw when would we see a UK or pan european release.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
            Inactive
            • Jan 2011

i agree time to start saving and do some workout stuff

Comment

• UK_
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by matlondon
              time to start saving, i know others that would like to grow hair but refuse to do ht. btw when would we see a UK or pan european release.
              My personal 'opinion' here is that the UK will lag behind the States, as has been the general trend for several decades now, I dont really mean to have a dig at British companies but lets be honest - if it wasn't for the likes of Aderans, Follica and Histogen - what else would we have? Intercytex? lol.

Here are the guys who sent shares rocking to $100 each after proclaiming their DP cells induced significant growth in 4 out of 5 patients; and in second clinical trials totally blew it landing investors in deep...

This is why I cannot place enough emphasis of the coming 12 months regarding Histogens Phase II, if they can pull off what they did in Phase I again - it will be literally revolutionary.

Comment

• CVAZBAR
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by UK_
                My personal 'opinion' here is that the UK will lag behind the States, as has been the general trend for several decades now, I dont really mean to have a dig at British companies but lets be honest - if it wasn't for the likes of Aderans, Follica and Histogen - what else would we have? Intercytex? lol.

Here are the guys who sent shares rocking to $100 each after proclaiming their DP cells induced significant growth in 4 out of 5 patients; and in second clinical trials totally blew it landing investors in deep...

This is why I cannot place enough emphasis of the coming 12 months regarding Histogens Phase II, if they can pull off what they did in Phase I again - it will be literally revolutionary.
                Not disagreeing with you but isn't Aderans the same idea as Intercytex? My question is that if Intercytex failed, why is Aderans still trying the same? Hopefully it's for a positive reason.

Comment

• CVAZBAR
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by RichardDawkins
                  Let me put it this way Supernova.

If Histogen is a scam (i really doubt it because they also have a lot of other succesfull things in their portfolio), a scam which stops your hairloss and also gains regrow on every NW scale in a significant way, like they show it.

Well then iam very glad to fall for this scam. I really think you mistake Minoxil with cell treatment here.

HSC works in another way then Minox, i think that even if Histogen is not permanently and you have to get another injection every 5 years or so, with further injections will come more of your hairs back.

As Dr Ziering stated here, when some user asked a really good question about White and grey hair turn back to normal. You can see that HSC will turn back the clock for hairloss. Just accumulate how long (in years) it took for some people to turn their hair from lets say black to grey.

And i think as a rule of thumb you can say that one round of injection will buy you exactly this time again.

But maybe iam wrong and HSC is permanent. You know you can turn it as you will, a combination of lets say Acell/Plucking or Acell/FUE multiplication and Histogen is

way way way better then using Minox and Propecia. OK not only way better, its the future.

And yes its no coincident that they do their trials in asia. In fact a lot of other biotech companys do this as well.

And iam really glad that in asian countrys its not like in our western cultures, i mean right now people are discussing about stem cells and stuff, which is stupid.

I believe that every possible benefit in science should be used. Its like in this one episode of family guy. Where Peter got a stroke and then he went to a lab which said something like " Stem Cell Research" and he comes out of it normal and says something like " Wow and they really abandon this"

I know not every stem cell is a stem cell but the essence here should be clear.
                  Rich dawg, you hit it straight on. I think that truly is the only hope to actually have great hair again. Histogen most likely wont do it on its own but a combination of things. If Histogen can regrow some hair or prevent further thinning, than you can get transplants and maybe future plucking/no scar unlimited donor transplants. And if Aderans comes through, then forget it. 40's are going to be the new 20's hahaha. Also, kets take note that Hitzig said he was working on the STEM CELL from him extraction/PRP enhanced treatment. He has the idea that maybe these injections will be the ones to turn the cells to progenitor cells. If this works, then we won't even have to wait for Histogen. He said he was going to learn how to do the procedure in a couple weeks and would try it. We will find out this year how that works as well.

Comment

• clee984
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by RichardDawkins

There's a book called 'Ending Aging' by Aubrey De Grey (who you probably hang around with knowing the circles you move in, Dawkins) in which he gets magnificently indignant about how the Bush administration used 9/11 as an excuse to railroad stem cell research because of their own religious convictions. And he even states (whether this is true or not I don't know, I'm just taking his word for it), that they fall down by their own definition of what constitutes "life". These clumps of cells could never and would never become "alive". They would be disposed of anyway, whether they were experimented with or not. Tbh, I didn't understand a lot of the science, but I like him, despite the man clearly being mentally ill. Interesting book.

Comment

• Manwhore
                      • Feb 2011

Is the interview with doc z able to be heard? If so, how do I get it to play? Thanks.

Comment

• UK_
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by CVAZBAR
                        Not disagreeing with you but isn't Aderans the same idea as Intercytex? My question is that if Intercytex failed, why is Aderans still trying the same? Hopefully it's for a positive reason.
                        Aderans focuses on stem cells whilst Intercytex focused on DP cells, correct me if i'm wrong but I believe there is a difference. Aderans has several protocols and have released mildly promising results from their first protocol, again this is the year for Aderans to show us what they're made of also.

Comment

• UK_
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by CVAZBAR
                          Rich dawg, you hit it straight on. I think that truly is the only hope to actually have great hair again. Histogen most likely wont do it on its own but a combination of things. If Histogen can regrow some hair or prevent further thinning, than you can get transplants and maybe future plucking/no scar unlimited donor transplants.
                          I'd second that, I've been following the Hitzig Cooley & Cole discussion about the Acell, my views is that if Acell can be used to enhance the growth of lung tissue then I am sure it can be used to grow follicles lol - hair loss science by no means moves at exponential rates, but doctors, researchers and the general hair loss community combining to share ideas is what is going to really propel better treatments.

I mean maybe Aderans will gain stronger/thicker multiplied extracted stem cells by following the methods used by Histogen in terms of how they create that embryonic cell state, maybe they're already doing this who knows.

Comment

• matlondon
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by clee984
                            There's a book called 'Ending Aging' by Aubrey De Grey (who you probably hang around with knowing the circles you move in, Dawkins) in which he gets magnificently indignant about how the Bush administration used 9/11 as an excuse to railroad stem cell research because of their own religious convictions. And he even states (whether this is true or not I don't know, I'm just taking his word for it), that they fall down by their own definition of what constitutes "life". These clumps of cells could never and would never become "alive". They would be disposed of anyway, whether they were experimented with or not. Tbh, I didn't understand a lot of the science, but I like him, despite the man clearly being mentally ill. Interesting book.
                            Well it doesnt matter what the US did, China has helped push stem cell medicine, Western companies have no option now but to either start R&D or lose out in the near future.
                            Big pharmas are already feeling the pain as the products patients are coming to an end, or they can no longer rehash old medication into new medication, they can no longer lobby to restrict this technology. If they don’t join and progress this tech they are out of business. we ARE SEEING THE END OF 19/20 CENTURY Medicine.

With regards to this histogen tech, not only will it help bold people but they will gain revenue from a wider audience as people that have a bit of a receding hair line will opt forward for a small fix, burnt individuals might have the chance to re growth their hair, cancer patients the list it endless.

The next break through is tooth enamel/tooth regeneration and this is only a few years away in fact trials of enamel should be starting this year and tooth regeneration in 2 years time.

Those 2 products will end up making trillions your looking at a complete different lifestyle for many, benefiting society as a whole.

This is what we need as a society stem cell medicine it will reduce government costs, reduce insurance industry costs, yet produce amazing revenue for those companies.

Banks are dipping into these companies and not into big pharmas as much as they used to. You price the product at the right level you'll make huge profits, you price it our of reach of the average person the profits will not be as great, another issue these companies that can produce this product will have control over it, not like HT etc... and there is demand for hair regeneration products BIG demand.

Comment

• matlondon
                              • Sep 2010

BTW Intercytex product was a success, the problem wasnt about the product but seeking investment, now this is more of a cultural problem in the UK. In the UK if you have a novel idea you find it hard to find investors, UK investors dont really liek to take that much risk, on top of that they really didnt sell themselves to big investment banks while at teh same time it was unfortunate that the crunch happened.

Comment

• jasinfla
                                • Dec 2010

Dr, Ziering...if this was Facebook, I would give you a huge "Like". I'm fairly new to hair loss and have some strange lines going on in the back of my head but anyways, just wanted to let you know how appreciative I am for the information and how much you care for people and their hair loss. Thanks!

Comment

Working...