Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Losing_It
    • Jun 2011

While trolling the Histogen website, I found this quote. It is nothing new, but their claim was that the pre-clinical data was superior to current market products. Here is the paragraph from there Corporate Fact sheet:

" Hair Stimulating Complex (HSC)
    Histogen's Hair Stimulating Complex (HSC) is a proprietary formulation of naturally secreted
    embryonic proteins and growth factors. HSC contains the first naturally stabilized, bioactive
    solution of Wnt proteins and their cofactors, which have been implicated in the induction of new
    hair follicle formation and growth.
    Histogen has completed a preliminary human clinical trial of HSC as an injectable for hair
    regrowth. Within this trial, no adverse events were seen in any of the trial subjects, and efficacy
    results surpassed those of all other currently available hair growth products:"

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
      • May 2011

Yes 57 hairs per cm2 or 25FU/cm2. Despite what some say that is a big deal. We all anticipate them coming up with something better than that in the end but as it stands now if that was released tomorrow you'd already have a product that's far superior to finasteride. We're looking at a product that stabilises hair loss and gives you hair back which is repeatable at least in terms of upkeep. Couple of the conservative guesses we have been throwing around is a round of injections every 5 years or so.

I'm so envious of those that are 5 years away from starting the balding process. They may never suffer from hair loss. I wish I was 18 again.

Comment

• UK_
        • Feb 2011

LOL they were saying that back in 2006.

You really think the kids growing up today will never have to worry about hair loss?

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
          • May 2011

Originally posted by UK_
          LOL they were saying that back in 2006.

You really think the kids growing up today will never have to worry about hair loss?
          If something like Histogen came out in 5 years and it was reasonably priced? You don't agree?

Comment

• Jundam
            • Mar 2011

The people who say it will be cured within 5 years are far less annoying than the people who keep pointing out that they're not the first to say it.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
              • May 2011

You say 2006 like that's a really long time ago. I think we do have a cause for optimism here. Mind you I might think very differently if phase 2 from Histogen, Aderans, Replicel or Follica doesn't deliver.

I don't think baldness will always be an affliction (if that term even applies). Are you feeling pessmistic about Histogen and co. UK?

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                • May 2011

Originally posted by Jundam
                The people who say it will be cured within 5 years are far less annoying than the people who keep pointing out that they're not the first to say it.
                I think 5 years is more realistic now than it was in 2006. They had sweet FA back then. At least they have a few things now that show some genuine promise. It might be 10 or 15 years but I would be surprised if say a 10 year old today who's destined to start balding at 30 wouldn't have a far superior and easier method to do something about it. Things in general have come along way from 1991 to 2011. At least I think so.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                  • May 2011

I can imagine the process for a 25/30 year old in 2025 being no bigger an ordeal than say LASIK is today (It was a pretty big deal in the early 90s). That's a bold prediction but I believe it. I also think there will be a big change in dentistry and orthodontics in the early 2030s. Things don't stay still. But alas I am the eternal optimist.

Comment

• Jundam
                    • Mar 2011

I expect a scientific solution to be found within the next ten years, even if it hasn't reached the market yet by that time. I doubt there will be an actual cure, but I don't doubt that there will be a cosmetic cure, one that lets you grow a full head of hair but forces you to live with the expenses and inconveniences of repeated treatments.

Although I'm hopeful that Histogen or Replicel will be it for us. I'd love to grow a full head of hair and do something crazy with it while I'm still young enough to think it's cool.

Comment

• Losing_It
                      • Jun 2011

Well according to some at that hairsite forum, all these new things are just scams. I am 31 now, but if it does take another 20 years to perfect methodologies etc, I would still jump all over it. You only as old as you feel and I feel eternally young. Balding is difficult to judge. I lost quite a bit the last 2 years but it may remain static for the next ten years, who knows. In fact I think I may have been losing hair for the past ten years and only starting to notice it now.

At least for the first time we have companies investigating minimally invasive treatments. I remain optimistic, it is pretty much all I can do for now.

Comment

• Losing_It
                        • Jun 2011

I expect a scientific solution to be found within the next ten years, even if it hasn't reached the market yet by that time. I doubt there will be an actual cure, but I don't doubt that there will be a cosmetic cure, one that lets you grow a full head of hair but forces you to live with the expenses and inconveniences of repeated treatments.

Although I'm hopeful that Histogen or Replicel will be it for us. I'd love to grow a full head of hair and do something crazy with it while I'm still young enough to think it's cool.
                        Who says, you need to be young to enjoy a full head of hair. Look at this clip. My brother in his mid-forties got hair like this, and I am pissed and envious that I was short-changed. I would definitely wear my hair like this in my fifties. If you got it show it, that is my motto. Now I need to go break into Histogen's lab.

******** CONTAINS SPOILERS ********In The Mechanic (1972) Charles Bronson plays a hit man who takes an apprentice. In the end his apprentice betrays him, but...

Comment

• Losing_It
                          • Jun 2011

Come to think of it, my dad had hair like this in his elderly days. I am blaming this curse on the postman then

Comment

• Jundam
                            • Mar 2011

When I said I wanted to do something crazy with it I wasn't talking about getting an 80's haircut. I'd get something that would make people say I should be institutionalized.

Comment

• Losing_It
                              • Jun 2011

Dude, the 80s is back in fashion judging from all the Hollywood 80s film remakes. Oh, and that was the 70s. If I get it all back, I am taking care of it and not do crazy things with it because I miss it too much.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                                • May 2011

Well what Histogen proposes seems like an ongoing treatment which will be used periodically whereas what Aderans and Replicel are looking at is a cell based hair multiplication so it could in the future be 'one and done' with the option of a touch up down the line. No different to say LASIK is today.

What makes the hairsite guys think it's all a scam? Unfortunately Dr. Cole doesn't sound too positive about Aderans or Histogen either. I hope he's wrong. Maybe I'm just overly optimistic.

Comment

Working...