Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TravisB
    • May 2012

Hmm, is it possible that Bim for hair loss would be so powerful that we wouldn't need to use Fin with it? I. e. would it be able to maintain hair for a very long time? And what year is it expected to hit the market?

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by PinotQ
      Pate, Good Info. I guess I didn't read the article closely enough as I assumed the clinical trial was conducted by Allergan but their clinical trial is with Bimatoprost. I agree that this looks like next most likely advance to reach the market

Here is small bit of research supporting that perspective:

Author(s): Wolf, Ronni, MD; Matz, Hagit, MD; Zalish, Miriam; Pollack, Ayala, MD; Orion, Edith, MD

"Even though scalp hair follicles and eyelash follicles are not identical, and one cannot simply extrapolate from a drug's effect on one type of hair to another, we believe that a powerful hair stimulant that acts on one type of hair should act on other types as well. Several of the above-mentioned experimental studies support the stimulating effects of PG analogs on hairs other than eyelashes (i.e., scalp hair and body fur). Furthermore, if the proposed mechanism of minoxidil action is indeed through its stimulating effect of PGE2 synthesis, then one should ask why we need to stimulate the synthesis of PG if we can use it directly? Minoxidil (which has been used by women to thicken their eyelashes and to treat alopecia areata of this area) showed inferior results on eyelash growth than those described for latanoprost. Minoxidil and finasteride must be used continuously to sustain results, and, once discontinued, the natural balding process resumes. PG analogs have a much more powerful and longer-lasting effect.[18]"

Also, it appears that Bimatoprost may be more effective than Latanoprost with respect to hair growth...there was actually a study comparing the two:
      http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00187577 (Comparison of Latanoprost vs Bimatoprost re eyelash growth)

Not sure if this refers to the same study but sounds like there might be quite a difference:

"In a 3-month bimatoprost versus latanoprost trial, eyelash growth was more common in the bimatoprost group (13% bimatoprost vs. 4% latanoprost)"
      Does this mean that we don't have to use this permanently.

The other thing is:

We can get bitmoprost online, why not experiment with that?

Comment

• TravisB
        • May 2012

This stuff is expensive like hell. 2000$ for a gram!! 3ml bottle of Latisse 0.03% costs around 100$. If you were to apply it on the whole head, it would last 1 day! I hope when they'll reach the mass market, the price for the ready product will be considerably lower.

Comment

• Davey Jones
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by TravisB
          This stuff is expensive like hell. 2000$ for a gram!! 3ml bottle of Latisse 0.03% costs around 100$. If you were to apply it on the whole head, it would last 1 day! I hope when they'll reach the mass market, the price for the ready product will be considerably lower.
          Latisse is not marketable to people with MPB at that price, and they know it. Especially considering that you can currently buy it at that price, and almost no one with MPB is. The going theory is that they will change production scale and lower the price to as much as they think people will pay for it, which is probably true. That's how the free market typically works.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Davey Jones
            Latisse is not marketable to people with MPB at that price, and they know it. Especially considering that you can currently buy it at that price, and almost no one with MPB is. The going theory is that they will change production scale and lower the price to as much as they think people will pay for it, which is probably true. That's how the free market typically works.
            The problem is, what is stopping people who use for their eye lashes to buy the MPB version - given it is cheaper?

Comment

• Maradona
              • Nov 2011

Let's just hope baldtapranost can buy us some time until histogen hits the market.

I need a breathing machine for my follicles otherwise they won't make it "when the saving is here".

If these companies could reveal their formulas for the vehicle we could easily make these stuff with the help of the chinese same as RU or CB.

Just pray baldtapranost reveals their study after phase 2 is done.

Comment

• Davey Jones
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
                The problem is, what is stopping people who use for their eye lashes to buy the MPB version - given it is cheaper?
                Not much. I'm sure they'll attempt to market them as different. Maybe slap "Version not to be used on eye lashes" on the MPB one. And to be fair, they might be different concentrations. I doubt many people will want to fool with diluting just for better lashes. Don't only rich b*tches buy that stuff anyway?

If they can't separately market them, hopefully they'll just market the MPB one, 'cause they know darn well there's more money in that if it works.

Comment

• Maradona
                  • Nov 2011

I have an army of 10 raging bald men full of testosterone who have contacted me and are willing to take over histogen's headquarters in asia.

Come on guys let's make this happen kinda like vietnam bald men vs. histogen in singapore.

Comment

• mlao
                    • Oct 2009

Not much. I'm sure they'll attempt to market them as different. Maybe slap "Version not to be used on eye lashes" on the MPB one. And to be fair, they might be different concentrations. I doubt many people will want to fool with diluting just for better lashes. Don't only rich b*tches buy that stuff anyway?

If they can't separately market them, hopefully they'll just market the MPB one, 'cause they know darn well there's more money in that if it works.
                    I'm pretty sure that Allergen is testing 3 formulations that are all stronger than the version that is available for eyelashes. Also I read somewhere that the patent for the eyelash version will end in 2013 so it would only make sense to develop a stronger version for MPB.

Comment

• Davey Jones
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Maradona
                      I have an army of 10 raging bald men full of testosterone who have contacted me and are willing to take over histogen's headquarters in asia.

Come on guys let's make this happen kinda like vietnam bald men vs. histogen in singapore.
                      This may be the first time we've ever agreed on anything, Maradona. Where do I sign, Sarge?

Comment

• UK_
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Jcm800
                        Hey UK how's the Minox going? Been on it some time now, if still using it?
                        I stopped taking cause the shed was unbearable lol.

How about yourself? Did it help the hair line?

Comment

• LPSboxing
                          • May 2012

yeah and they (we) don't even need helmets like in the picture. We just spray paint our bald heads with green paint

Comment

• Maradona
                            • Nov 2011

This may be the first time we've ever agreed on anything, Maradona. Where do I sign, Sarge?
                            You guys took it the wrong way and I was exaggerating a bit too but all I am saying is the sooner you get Histogen's treatment the better it will be.

Bald scalps are pretty much incurable in my opinion and I know it's painful to hear it.

This is why I think we need to get off our asses and do something about histogen. Sure our sons will benefit but how about us?

We need to DECLARE WAR on histogen .

Balding men vs. Histogen !!

I don't know how do we sign up maybe spencer or somebody can contact the doctor who did this small study. I think he was a doctor outside the clinical trials of histogen, so this should be reachable.

I am sure this doctor is saving a few of bald asses maybe friends who knows.

We also need to find out how expensive it is to produce this.

Comment

• BoSox
                              • Jun 2010

Bald scalps are pretty much incurable in my opinion and I know it's painful to hear it.
                              Aderans is coming out with hair cloning, just an FYI.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by BoSox
                                Aderans is coming out with hair cloning, just an FYI.
                                Bitmopost will be coming out too

Comment

Working...