Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK_
    • Feb 2011

They'll be presenting Phase 2 results at a conference on 9 - 12 May.

But everyone will still be talking about 3% rubbish Replicel.

Comment

• jpm
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by UK_
      They'll be presenting Phase 2 results at a conference on 9 - 12 May.

But everyone will still be talking about 3% rubbish Replicel.
      Wow so we will know more about Histogen within a week, exciting!!

People need to put Replicel's results to the back of their mind and let them crack on with it. Granted 3% is not a very good result, but its early days yet and other than the results being underwhelming there was no safety concerns or problems....Anyway I don't want this to turn into another rant about replicel's results.

Will this be the end of Phase 2 for Histogen, or more still to test? Will they be announcing safety, effectiveness, viability at this conference??

Ta

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by jpm
        Wow so we will know more about Histogen within a week, exciting!!

People need to put Replicel's results to the back of their mind and let them crack on with it. Granted 3% is not a very good result, but its early days yet and other than the results being underwhelming there was no safety concerns or problems....Anyway I don't want this to turn into another rant about replicel's results.

Will this be the end of Phase 2 for Histogen, or more still to test? Will they be announcing safety, effectiveness, viability at this conference??

Ta
        PLEASE HISTOGEN, report some good news.

Comment

• jpm
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
          PLEASE HISTOGEN, report some good news.
          They've already reported good news and we 'know' it works as their figures show they get 73% after one year... guess its just refining that procedure now

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by jpm
            They've already reported good news and we 'know' it works as their figures show they get 73% after one year... guess its just refining that procedure now
            So why aren't people celebrating, looks like histogen have won the race?

How does their tech, will it bring a NW7 back to NW1?

Comment

• neversaynever
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by jpm
              Was that 73% for one patient or was it an average across all test patients?

Comment

• jpm
                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by neversaynever
                Was that 73% for one patient or was it an average across all test patients?
                An average I believe.

Check out this page, there are pics on it too. What I find good is that there are results within 12 weeks, which in hair loss terms is mega fast, considering it takes fin up to 18-24 months!!

Well its not permanent so its not a cure and I believe the hair could last around 5 years (my uninformed opinion btw) but with fin or any other new anti-androgen that may come out like CB then I think its a very big step in the right direction

Comment

• jpm
                  • Nov 2011

Doubtful to bring a nw7 to nw1...probably need a lot of injections to do that...if its even possible. I would assume it works better on diffuse thinners, but again just my opinion.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by jpm
                    Doubtful to bring a nw7 to nw1...probably need a lot of injections to do that...if its even possible. I would assume it works better on diffuse thinners, but again just my opinion.
                    What about if you are receeding?

Comment

• kaandereli
                      • Jan 2012

in the beginning of this thread , a doctor from histogen answered to questions.he said that it is possible to get a full hair even for nw7

Comment

• jpm
                        • Nov 2011

What about if you are receeding?
                        Maybe... I don't think they've tested it at the temples. But I don't see why you couldnt get some regrowth, minox does sometimes regrow hair at the temples. They might get some regrowth but generally the crown responds best to treatments

Comment

• john2399
                          • Jan 2012

I have all my faith in histogen. Those results were fantastic.Hopefully they just continue to get better which will most likely happen with more injections.

Comment

• neversaynever
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by john2399
                            I have all my faith in histogen. Those results were fantastic.Hopefully they just continue to get better which will most likely happen with more injections.
                            I agree. If that 73% increase is an average across all their phase 1 patients (struggling to confirm that on the histogen website!), then its the best results by far from anyone.

There are many questions to be answered. of course this is not the cure, but I would be more than happy to fly to asia one a year or once every two years to wake up my vellus hairs.

I assume they're currently testing it on slick bald scalps?? I hope so. Im not there yet, YET

This is an old thread, and i find their website difficult to navigate. Can anyone confirm when they started phase 2? I know they had problems starting up, so it got delayed.

Also, can someone point me to the 73% on their site, where it says its an average rather than just one patient?

Comment

• neversaynever
                              • Dec 2011

I also find it interesting that ziering was happy to mention other researchers, including Dr Cots, who hit us recently with this PGd2 stuff. I wonder what ziering has to say about that?

Comment

• sausage
                                • Jan 2012

Anyone know a year/possible date when this will be available if all goes well?

Comment

Working...