Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK_
    • Feb 2011

The thing im most... utterly shocked about is the fact that they improved TERMINAL hair count in the temporal regions... I mean even if you dosed up on 5mg of Fin and applied 12.5% minox twice a day everyday for a year you wouldnt even see a few vellus hairs -

Histogen however were able to increase TERMINAL hair count in the temporal regions by 25%!!!

And this was what... after one/two doses spread over 24 weeks? LOL incredible.

I think these were the kind of results/figures we wanted to hear from Replicel back in April lol. Does anyone else agree/disagree with that?

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by UK_
      The thing im most... utterly shocked about is the fact that they improved TERMINAL hair count in the temporal regions... I mean even if you dosed up on 5mg of Fin and applied 12.5% minox twice a day everyday for a year you wouldnt even see a few vellus hairs -

Histogen however were able to increase TERMINAL hair count in the temporal regions by 25%!!!

And this was what... after one/two doses spread over 24 weeks? LOL incredible.

I think these were the kind of results/figures we wanted to hear from Replicel back in April lol. Does anyone else agree/disagree with that?
      even if we did people would still bitch

Comment

• garethbale
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
        http://www.histogen.com/downloads/si..._HSC_Final.pdf

better pdf to be honest.

I am sure histogen will release more news in the coming months.

If you are a receeder, with no thinning elseware. I am sure your hair will hold out by the time it gets released.

Tend to find that diffuse thinners are the one's who lose their hair quickly.

Finally, even if you don't get regrowth with HSC, you are more than likely to maintain your existing hair, which is a good thing if you want to avoid taking fin.

Yeah my hair is strong on top, no loo at all. And I have receded quite slowly, but I though Histogen could only regrow new hair, i.e. not keep current hair?

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by garethbale
          Yeah my hair is strong on top, no loo at all. And I have receded quite slowly, but I though Histogen could only regrow new hair, i.e. not keep current hair?
          Both.

Look at the picture they released , the guy has clearly maintained.

Comment

• JJJJrS
            • Apr 2012

The press release sounds great but I need to see more pictures before I'm convinced. If so many responded positively to the treatment, then they should be able to provide plenty of pics soon.

The pictures that were posted on this thread are hard to evaluate. For example, for the male, the lighting is much stronger in the before picture than the after picture. Strong lighting will make a crown appear thinner. The female one is more consistent, but the quality isn't the greatest and it's a bit dark. They both seem to show improvement but I'd like to see more and hopefully the next set of pictures they present will be of much better quality.

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by UK_
              Yep Tin_Man was talking out of his ass 2 years ago. "wnt ligands wont work" hahaha stupid tin man.
              What? You call guys like Dr. George Cotsarelis "Tin_Man" who recognised ...

This suggests that these Wnt-overexpressing mice were already
              predisposed to growing more hair. Thus, Cotsarelis' recognition
              that "... to date there has been no evidence that
              extracellular Wnt ligands can promote actual hair follicle neogenesis in
              adult skin"
              (Ito et al. 2007, Nature 447:316-321 , at p. 319) remains correct.
              ?? Lots of other scientist said this (quote) - because they recognised the same. That's the reason why they say "remains correct".

But you trust NUMBERS written in an article published on "PR web" ???

Let me tell you why such companies like Histogen are forced to publish NUMBERS in such articles ...

And YEAH, Cotsarelis is still right - or did YOU see anywhere hair follicle neogenesis in adult skin due to Wnt ligands?

Everything what you could see so far are just NUMBERS in an PR article which nobody can't (should be able to) interpret. And yeah, everything they know is that the NUMBERS should be appear big - to convince all the extreme clever guys like you ...

Comment

• Jan 2012

The results are pathetic. What was the point of Phase II really? What will they try doing at Phase III? Those people are incompetent and nothing will ever pan out from this. I'm out...

Comment

• Breaking Bald
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by 2020
                  The results are pathetic. What was the point of Phase II really? What will they try doing at Phase III? Those people are incompetent and nothing will ever pan out from this. I'm out...

You know for a fact that they're incompetent do you? Tell me do you work with the them?

Why do people always have to be so negative? So far the news seems good and it can only be improved on. Why must people breed negativity?

And what exactly are you 'out' of? You're pathetic.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by Breaking Bald
                    You know for a fact that they're incompetent, do you? Do you work with the them?
                    most scientists and vast majority of people in general are. Five years is a long time and they got nothing. That's 5 years wasted from their life. Good job

Why do people always have to be so negative? So far the news seems good and it can only be improved on. Why must people breed negativity?
                    They're not good at all. Their pictures show close to zero new hair. Then in that new video they're talking about this taking another five years... what for? This either works or it doesn't

Comment

• Breaking Bald
                      • Aug 2012

most scientists and vast majority of people in general are. Five years is a long time and they got nothing. That's 5 years wasted from their life. Good job

They're not good at all. Their pictures show close to zero new hair. Then in that new video they're talking about this taking another five years... what for? This either works or it doesn't
                      This is all relatively new science that is still being developed and is just beginning to be understood properly. If it's such a failure then why wouldn't just give up? The fact that they may spend more time on it, means that it probably has FURTHER potential.

Comment

• Jan 2012

This is all relatively new science that is still being developed and is just beginning to be understood properly.
                        no it's ****ing not. We knew about all those "compounds" a decade go.
                        "WNT proteins" are they joking? THE CAUSE OF BALDNESS is actually the inflammation proteins that INHIBIT WNT. Lookup "DKK-1". Inject all the WNT you want it won't make the difference since your body will just resist it. I'm willing to bet that if they took WNT out, they would have gotten almost the same results.

If it's such a failure then why wouldn't just give up? The fact that they may spend more time on it, means that it probably has FURTHER potential.
                        ... really? You don't know why they would continue with it?

Comment

• rdawg
                          • Jun 2012

the negativity is astonishing, why must we look for something to complain about!?

first of all, some of these results are only after a few months, ziering began his stuff around May/June.

These are 'initial' results so we have 2-3 more before we see the final results.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
                            • Aug 2012

"WNT proteins" are they joking? THE CAUSE OF BALDNESS is actually the inflammation proteins that INHIBIT WNT. Lookup "DKK-1". Inject all the WNT you want it won't make the difference since your body will just resist it. I'm willing to bet that if they took WNT out, they would have gotten almost the same results.

2020 I see that you are very determined to go through all of the Histogen threads and flood them with your shitty thoughts on how much of a failure they all are. So I'm not gonna argue with you anymore, it's a waste of my time.

You are just an annoying ******* troll who likes to argue. If you are 'out' (as previously stated) then GTFO and stay away from these threads. Seriously **** off. Go out and play

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by rdawg
                              These are 'initial' results so we have 2-3 more before we see the final results.
                              no we don't. We had 2-3 months after the release of this:

Material from the same GMP manufactured lot of HSC was used in both the Phase I/II study as well as the physician’s sponsored IND study conducted by Dr. Ziering
                              They even said so in the interview

2020 I see that you are very determined to go through all of the Histogen threads and flood them with your shitty thoughts on how much of a failure they all are. So I'm not gonna argue with you anymore, it's a waste of my time.

You are just an annoying ******* troll who likes to argue. If you are 'out' (as previously stated) then GTFO and stay away from these threads. Seriously **** off. Go out and play
                              am I wrong? They have nothing but numbers and you're all already discussing the possible price for this... why?

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                                • Nov 2011

Mr know it all over here.

If you have all the answers, why dont you set up your own start up.

Comment

Working...