Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CVAZBAR
    • Dec 2010

I completely understand but imagine going through this 20 years ago. This is truly the best time ever. Now we just have to hope it becomes the last time.

Comment

• Losing_It
      • Jun 2011

I think hair loss sucks no matter the age. I am 31 now and was lucky enough to spend my twenties with a full head of hair or at least what I thought was one. One may accept it easier later in life, but it still sucks balding in your thirties.

I was reading Histogen's hair growth patent online. Not certain if it was posted before, but here's the link:

The present disclosure provides compositions and methods for promoting the growth of hair for cosmetic purposes as well as for treating disorders of hair growth. The compositions ar

Comment

• TheDude
        • Oct 2010

I totally agree guys, young and bald really sux..

When everyone you hang out with has a full head of hair you tend to think to yourself do these people even have problems worth mentioning...

An the media compounds the matter by damming the bald...

If you ask me having hair is about self-esteem... waking up in the morning and liking what you see an how you feel about yourself.. everything else is just secondary... if you have self-love, the rest will follow..

I just hope 5 years from now whether with/without hair i don't regret the amount of time hours/days/weeks/years that i've spent worrying about MPB..

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
          • May 2011

Originally posted by Sogeking
          @Follicle Death Row
          Hey Follicle I think there are a few reasons why I going bald before the 35-40 time interval sucks more, although it is not a pleasant affliction at any age:

1. You are young so you are still in the hunting mode for young women since your testosterone level is higher, having hair increases the odds.

2. By the age of 35-40 I expected to be married with hopefully a good wife which wouldn't be bothered by my hair loss. In that case hair loss would be less of a nuisance. For the most part having hair is about getting chicks. I don't care much about what guys think of me if I am bald. No offense guys.

3. At the age of 23 when my hair started to thin, I was and I still am a student. I have no money for anything expect the basic needs in life that are provided by my parents. If I were at a later age I might even have money to try new treatments maybe even afford Rogaine foam on a regular basis.
          If a new treatment arrives I wouldn't have money for it.

Hair loss sucks at any age but especially at younger ages.
          However I still believe there are worse fates than hair loss.
          I agree with all your points but also for me it's also a real personal thing where I look at myself and think **** what's happening to me. I'd like a full head of hair for all the reasons you mentioned but also it's a real self image thing for me too even if you disregard 1 and 2. I'd want to have a nice full head of hair while I'm young because well it just fits and would feel right. There's a real disconnect between what I see in the mirror, how it makes me feel about myself and how I think I should feel when I'm young. It's definitely an age thing. You think to yourself ****, I look like I'm turning into an old man here when I should be feeling young and vibrant. It's amazing, it's made me feel older and less energetic but I'm looking to begin exercising loads again to get the youthful energy and enthusiam back. Hell I'm only 25.

It's definitely a mental health thing and feeling comfortable in your own skin. Self image and just feeling good and content within yourself is very important. Good things may happen next year. Keep the faith.

Comment

• Mojo Risin
            • Mar 2011

Histogen is dead.
            They removed all the informations concerning their clinical trials on their website and they removed the informations about a potential release date.

Comment

• ALLISWELL
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Mojo Risin
              Histogen is dead.
              They removed all the informations concerning their clinical trials on their website and they removed the informations about a potential release date.
              Another Scam Ended.

Comment

• Mojo Risin
                • Mar 2011

Next on the list : Replicel.

Comment

• ALLISWELL
                  • Feb 2011

Correct, they will change their name a thousand times and always take 5 more years to reach on market....

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                    Inactive
                    • Jan 2011

Funny that people attacked me for saying stuff like this before :-) The first evidence for this was when they failed to present something as promised :-)

And no please spare me with sugar talk here, the Histogen train is derailed and next (not in that particulaire order) are

Replicel
                    Ari

Comment

• The Alchemist
                      • Mar 2011

Histogen is dead.
                      Seriously? Why is it that when i went to their home page, one of the first things i saw was a link to their information on clinical trials for HSC? Can you explain that in regards to your comments above?

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                        • May 2011

Ha. It could be a wind up. Having said that even if the trials are underway (not sure anyone knows) it's really tough to even guess the likelihood of them going to market down the line. All we know is they have a concept that is safe and shows potential.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                          • Feb 2011

Histogen is dead.
                          God, I almost had a heart attack when I read this! But no, they are not dead at all. I went to their page and all of their HSC Complex information is still listed. Thank God they're still alive and well!

Comment

• Mojo Risin
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
                            God, I almost had a heart attack when I read this! But no, they are not dead at all. I went to their page and all of their HSC Complex information is still listed. Thank God they're still alive and well!
                            Are you blind ? They cleaned up the website. No more clinical status, no more release date information ...

Histogen IS dead.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                              • Feb 2011

I don't know what website (and WTF with this 'are you blind' bullshit) you're checking out but I checked these main Histogen sites and they still have a wealth of information on HSC Complex:

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                                Inactive
                                • Jan 2011

You simply dont get it, they deleted their clinical trial page and the potential release date

Comment

Working...