Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK_
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by CAlex
    only 12 people actually got the hsc injection. Not sure how she can be 97% sure it is repeatable.
    26 patients were enrolled and 24 patients received injections.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
      Inactive
      • Jan 2011

12 or 26 it doesnt matter :-)

I like it how people here who obviously have an agenda try to sound smart but then even dont get the numbers correct :-)

Tzzzzz

Comment

• CAlex
        • Feb 2011

I just thought the amount of patients in the trial would have been split in half. If the results are the basically 100% repeatable and they show that in phase 1/2 over an even larger area without any side effects this would be a "cure" for myself and anyone who is just beginning hair loss since it appears to strengthen weaker hairs or hairs that would have eventually begun to die out.

Is that agenda comment directed at me RichardDawkins? Id love to know what it is lol besides this hsc passing the upcoming trials. I will be so excited if they match the preclinical trials numbers.

Comment

• UK_
          • Feb 2011

I just thought the amount of patients in the trial would have been split in half.
          Why would they do that? 20 of the 24 patients experienced 'statistically significant hair growth at the three efficacy endpoints' - that means those patients experienced similar gains at similar times, which is why Gail stated there is such a high degree that these findings will be repeated especially given that this was merely a safety run, the trial wasnt even aimed at producing evidence of efficacy yet, that is the job of the current trial.

If the results are the basically 100% repeatable and they show that in phase 1/2 over an even larger area without any side effects this would be a "cure" for myself and anyone who is just beginning hair loss since it appears to strengthen weaker hairs or hairs that would have eventually begun to die out.
          Well that's the basic idea.

Comment

• CAlex
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by UK_
            Why would they do that? 20 of the 24 patients experienced 'statistically significant hair growth at the three efficacy endpoints' - that means those patients experienced similar gains at similar times, which is why Gail stated there is such a high degree that these findings will be repeated especially given that this was merely a safety run, the trial wasnt even aimed at producing evidence of efficacy yet, that is the job of the current trial.
            I guess I just didn't recheck the numbers as I looked at that clinical data when it came out a while back. Too many numbers rolling around in my head I guess lol. I thought half of the guys would be taking placebos but maybe it was only a few but it doesn't really matter. The results are very encouraging. I think that the pictures don't even due the increase in new hair justice because of how magnified the area is. People cant see how much denser the area must be to the naked eye.

Im so hopeful that this hsc can get through the upcoming trials without any side effects popping up from increased dosages or higher percentage solution of hsc.

I appreciate all the corrections on the subject guys.

Comment

• HairTalk
              • Feb 2011

The pilot study of Histogen's H.S.C. used twenty-four subjects, from which half received placebo and the other half received the experimental compound. All twenty-four subjects are used in analyzing results, but in only the latter twelve can one observe the actual effects of the drug.

Comment

• HairTalk
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by UK_

Well that's the basic idea.
                Twenty of twenty-four subjects' experiencing growth simply means a number of those in the control, too, exhibited growth.

Comment

• UK_
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by HairTalk
                  The pilot study of Histogen's H.S.C. used twenty-four subjects, from which half received placebo and the other half received the experimental compound. All twenty-four subjects are used in analyzing results, but in only the latter twelve can one observe the actual effects of the drug.
                  Have you a link to the source that confirms this?

I thought all patients received the following:

1.One placebo injection

2.One regular HSC injection

3.One dermabraded area with regular HSC

4.One area with a higher concentration of HSC

A number of those in the control exhibited growth?... ? Your saying a number of those patients who received only a control experienced growth of new hair?

Comment

• HairTalk
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                    Have you a link to the source that confirms this?

I thought all patients received the following:

1.One placebo injection

2.One regular HSC injection

3.One dermabraded area with regular HSC

4.One area with a higher concentration of HSC

A number of those in the control exhibited growth?... ? Your saying a number of those patients who received only a control experienced growth of new hair?
                    Yes, I am saying a number of patients in the control group experienced growth of new hair. I recall asking Histogen about this, via e-mail, a few months ago, and this seemed to be the answer given (I'll post the conversation, if I can locate it). Also, I draw the notion of two separate subject groups — a control and an experimental — from this graph, presented on the company's Web site: http://www.histogen.com/images/termi...sity_graph.gif (found at, http://www.histogen.com/aboutus/news_events.htm#25, about a third of a way down the page).

I admit I might be misinterpreting something, here; perhaps Dr. Ziering (or someone else properly affiliated with research on H.S.C.) could shed a bit of light on the matter.

Comment

• UK_
                      • Feb 2011

Well if that's the case, I wonder what was in the control!! - dihydrogen monoxide probably -the holy grail lol.

I always thought they split the scalp into four different parts and had the control and HSC in different quadrants (I mean, that's how Aderans do it lol), I assumed this when Gail Naughton stated the following:

"There were no adverse reactions seen in any of the treated 24 patients at baseline"

I mean, you dont ever expect to see adverse reactions if someone just takes the sugar pill...

Comment

• UK_
                        • Feb 2011

If you were a nerd like me as a kid, then perhaps you took delight in knowing the answer to this fun trivia question: what’s the largest human organ? It’s the skin, of course! It’s hard to overestimate the importance of your skin. It protects you from the many dangerous pathogens and chemicals you may […]

*Sigh*... if only they could just invent a hairspray that....

Comment

• CAlex
                          • Feb 2011

That is amazing. Disheartening it is not yet approved in the U.S. which scares me a bit. Im glad histogen is planning on release outside the United states due to how bad of a job the fda does.

Made me smile seeing that kid ending up with no scares on his chest. Glad to see futuristic seeming treatments already being used in hospitals.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                            Inactive
                            • Jan 2011

That is amazing. Disheartening it is not yet approved in the U.S. which scares me a bit. Im glad histogen is planning on release outside the United states due to how bad of a job the fda does.

Made me smile seeing that kid ending up with no scares on his chest. Glad to see futuristic seeming treatments already being used in hospitals.
                            Fully agree, and also all those results can be beneficial for which is good

Comment

• UK_
                              • Feb 2011

Wanna see something cool?

Industrial robots are getting precise enough that they’re less like dumb machines and more like automated sculptors producing artwork. Case in point: Daishin’s Seki 5-axis mill. The Japanese company celebrated its 50th anniversary last year by using this machine to carve out a full scale motorcycle helmet out of one piece of aluminum. No breaks, […]

Watch the video.

Comment

• crowningglory
                                Inactive
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by HairTalk
                                Yes, I am saying a number of patients in the control group experienced growth of new hair. I recall asking Histogen about this, via e-mail, a few months ago, and this seemed to be the answer given (I'll post the conversation, if I can locate it). Also, I draw the notion of two separate subject groups — a control and an experimental — from this graph, presented on the company's Web site: http://www.histogen.com/images/termi...sity_graph.gif (found at, http://www.histogen.com/aboutus/news_events.htm#25, about a third of a way down the page).

I admit I might be misinterpreting something, here; perhaps Dr. Ziering (or someone else properly affiliated with research on H.S.C.) could shed a bit of light on the matter.
                                Interesting stuff. Who is carrying out this study - Histogen itself or a third party?

Comment

Working...