Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DepressedByHairLoss
    • Feb 2011

I've read up on QR678 too. Hey GBB, did you go in and have this treatment or did you contact the doctors that perform this procedure?

Comment

• share2die
      • Jul 2011

I had been to this treatment , i dont think it helps retain hair nor grow hair
      I had four course not a bit of improvement at all.

Stay away

Comment

• clandestine
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by share2die

Stay away
        Dude, you might want to elaborate. What are you talking about?

Comment

• Kampung101
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by share2die

Stay away
          As clandestine said, elaborate.

Are you talking about qr678 or Hisotgen? If you're talking about Histogen, unless you were apart of their first phase trial, then you aren't being truthful.

Comment

• GBB
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
            I've read up on QR678 too. Hey GBB, did you go in and have this treatment or did you contact the doctors that perform this procedure?
            No, I did not go in and have this treatment. I knew better .
            I wrote to the doctors, and asked about the procedure. They quoted some big names like Apollo and IIT, which have a reputation to maintain, so naturally I was interested. They got featured on the first page of a leading Indian daily as well, riding on those names. Turns out, they exaggerated.
            The clinic just operates from the Apollo campus in Hyderabad. Apollo doesn't endorse it, and the IIT thing is not genuine either. Their behavior towards anyone who questions the legitimacy of their claims is apalling!
            If I had the time and energy, I would register a formal complaint against them to MCI and get their license cancelled. India is really riding high on the accountability and transparency wave right now. :P :P

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
              • Feb 2011

Hey GBB, thanks for the info. But at least India has the opportunity to better experiment with new cellular procedures for hair regrowth as opposed to here in North America where the FDA and lobbyists beholdant to the pharmaceutical and medical industry help to stifle any kind of innovation with regards to hair regrowth. Man, it just pisses me off that so many of us want to fight hair loss and we're stuck with such horseshit like Rogaine, Propecia, and Nizoral shampoo. Hopefully these new treatments like the ones Histogen and Replicel are developing will work wonders over the ineffective garbage that we are supposed to use today to combat hair loss.

Comment

• clandestine
                • Aug 2011

Amen, DepressedByHairLoss. Hopefully sometime soon hair loss troubles will be a thing of the past, we've just got to be patient and stay optimistic.

Comment

• doinmyheadin
                  • Nov 2010

Have the Histogen HSC trials begun? Can we get an update please.

Comment

• CVAZBAR
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by doinmyheadin
                    Have the Histogen HSC trials begun? Can we get an update please.
                    Spencer promised an update but he's been busy. It has been a while and I don't have patience.

Comment

• MMJ
                      • Mar 2011

Histogen in phase 2 dec 2011: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/N...lopecia&rank=4

Comment

• HairTalk
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by MMJ
                        I'm confused by whether this means Histogen never began phase I/II trials on H.S.C. (in June, 2011, when they were slated to) or this means they are recruiting additional subjects, in December, 2011, for that study.

We've received no word from anyone from Histogen, since summer of 2011; an update would be welcome.

Comment

• Pate
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by HairTalk
                          I'm confused by whether this means Histogen never began phase I/II trials on H.S.C. (in June, 2011, when they were slated to) or this means they are recruiting additional subjects, in December, 2011, for that study.

We've received no word from anyone from Histogen, since summer of 2011; an update would be welcome.
                          Good find MMJ... and yeah it appears they never started the I/II trials. It was September that they said they were going to start them - according to Ziering's presentation at that conference in Alaska. So obviously it had already slipped from June to September, now again to Jan 2012 at the earliest it appears.

Which is disappointing, but these things happen. It's the main reason I don't hold much hope for the 2015 dates for any of these products. You ALWAYS get delays and once you've got them you can't catch them up, everything just slides back another six months.

But we should look on the bright side - at least they are doing the trial Ziering said they would even if it is late. Multi injections and repeated at six weeks. If HSC is going to work we should see some good cosmetic results from this trial.

Also interesting it's in the Philippines now. Guess Singapore didn't work out.

Comment

• HairTalk
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Pate
                            Good find MMJ... and yeah it appears they never started the I/II trials. It was September that they said they were going to start them - according to Ziering's presentation at that conference in Alaska. So obviously it had already slipped from June to September, now again to Jan 2012 at the earliest it appears.

Which is disappointing, but these things happen. It's the main reason I don't hold much hope for the 2015 dates for any of these products. You ALWAYS get delays and once you've got them you can't catch them up, everything just slides back another six months.

But we should look on the bright side - at least they are doing the trial Ziering said they would even if it is late. Multi injections and repeated at six weeks. If HSC is going to work we should see some good cosmetic results from this trial.

Also interesting it's in the Philippines now. Guess Singapore didn't work out.
                            Yes, but, for one thing, it now is stated the expected enrollment for the study is 59 subjects — this is quite a way down from the 200 being cited earlier in 2011.

Comment

• Sogeking
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by HairTalk
                              Yes, but, for one thing, it now is stated the expected enrollment for the study is 59 subjects — this is quite a way down from the 200 being cited earlier in 2011.
                              Financial reasons. They had enrolled subjects which used minox and fin. Thats why they had to cancel those trials. Add the fact that they are also late. And they had to hurry and contie with the trials. It all costs money.

So I'm sure it is financial reasons.

However we'll see...

Comment

• HairTalk
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Sogeking
                                Financial reasons. They had enrolled subjects which used minox and fin. Thats why they had to cancel those trials. Add the fact that they are also late. And they had to hurry and contie with the trials. It all costs money.

So I'm sure it is financial reasons.

However we'll see...
                                Where did you hear they had enrolled subjects who were on minoxidil and/or finasteride?

Comment

Working...