+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 225 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I have a lot of hope for Replicel - not least because it is headed by the great Rolf Hoffmann - who is truly putting nearly 20 years of research into a viable product.

But apparently we dont need professionals according to Iron_Man.
    Me too. Ever since they were known as Trichoscience, their approach, efforts and the dermal sheath cup cells placement treatment. If I'm not mistaken, correct me if I am, thats partly the HST procedure. And since, according to some, HST works my money is on the Replicel .

Data from the first trial after the 6 months follow up will be available in quarter1 of 2012. I think that by the end of 2012 we will atleast see which future treatments are possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, correct me if I am, thats partly the HST procedure. And since, according to some, HST works my money is on the Replicel .
    I honestly [along with most others] do not have the information to agree/disagree with that comment.

I do believe HST works, its [proposed] efficacy in comparison to the work of Replicel is something I am dying to see.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I honestly [along with most others] do not have the information to agree/disagree with that comment.

I do believe HST works, its [proposed] efficacy in comparison to the work of Replicel is something I am dying to see.
    Same here. Hairsite is full with those praising HST, however I am still sceptic and haven't decided if it is or isn't efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by stillinHS1994 View Post
    I think there will be quite an increase in bald passengers traveling on planes to asia in the next few years lol
    Even if Histogen solves it(or solves it well enough) I still think the ones heading to Asia for treatment will be limited to the rich and the desperate. The others will save the money and wait for it to come closer to home. If it means I can stop Propecia sooner rather than later I'll gladly board an airplane though. I feel fine on it but I really hate using something that alters my hormones.

That said I might be underestimating our kind and we'll see new airline companies for the follicly challenge starting up with some clever slogan about shuttling us off to hairier life. On-flight movies limited to action flicks with Bruce Willis and Jason Statham on the way there, Brad Pitt and George Clooney romantic comedies on the way back. Oh sweet dreams.
    Good night.

Inactive

Nope they are not praising HST they only say whats up right now. And i agree with Gho supporters because those people also push the envelope because this is a signal for surgeons to investigate further into regenerative processes.

While traditional FUT mills live from people like this SPanishDude who always waters every thread down with pokemon dummy research stuff

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    Nope they are not praising HST they only say whats up right now. And i agree with Gho supporters because those people also push the envelope because this is a signal for surgeons to investigate further into regenerative processes.

While traditional FUT mills live from people like this SPanishDude who always waters every thread down with pokemon dummy research stuff
    Fair enough - but everyone writes off UK Intercytex, their researchers still make comments about it being viable:

Intercytex worked on methods to take a biopsy from the back of the head, isolate the dermal papilla cells and expand them in culture, and then inject them into the balding areas of the scalp. The goal is to grow enough cells in vitro to freeze for later booster treatments. A phase 2 study in the UK showed some efficacy, but difficulties growing cells limited the commercial viability. Thanks in part to a souring economy, Intercytex sold the project in 2010 to Aderans Research Institute, based in Marietta, Georgia, which was working on a similar therapy.

“Everybody agrees that it's doable,” Kemp says. “The issue is getting the cells into the right location to talk to the keratinocytes and getting the keratinocytes into the right mood to listen.”

Source: Raising Hairs (2011)
    They agree it can work... there are just issues that need ironing out...

Quote Originally Posted by Jundam View Post
    Even if Histogen solves it(or solves it well enough) I still think the ones heading to Asia for treatment will be limited to the rich and the desperate. The others will save the money and wait for it to come closer to home. If it means I can stop Propecia sooner rather than later I'll gladly board an airplane though. I feel fine on it but I really hate using something that alters my hormones.

That said I might be underestimating our kind and we'll see new airline companies for the follicly challenge starting up with some clever slogan about shuttling us off to hairier life. On-flight movies limited to action flicks with Bruce Willis and Jason Statham on the way there, Brad Pitt and George Clooney romantic comedies on the way back. Oh sweet dreams.
    Good night.
    Haha frickin hilarious....I would agree with fin though...the stuff just creeps me out for some reason

Inactive

Uk i cant say anything about trichoscience because i simply dont know anything about them and i didnt focus my research on them sorry.

I know I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but I really wish Histogen would come out and confirm that they have indeed started the trials, or at least provide us with updated timeline. My hair is looking pretty bad these days

I don't understand the radio silence. Even a few months ago they seemed to be demonstrating a refreshing and admirable level of openness and transparency. Why can't they tell us whether the next phase of their trials has started as planned?

Dont worry about sounding like a broken record... We would love an update!!! lol