+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 225 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 ... LastLast

This all sounds great and all, but i started thinking it may just be too late for us men in the MPB process, i mean if it works the future generation will get the benefits of this and not us. I am only just starting to see i'm losing my hair, but by the time HSC comes out my hair isn't going to look so great and i will probably have bald areas by that time which gets me down because i could have been a few years off being able to get MPB under control with HSC.

And also why don't Histogen come on here say, once a month and just let us all know how things are going instead of making us all second guess about what might or might not be happening, after all it's just good business to let potential customers know what is going on.

It's crazy how emotional everyone gets around the topic of hairloss. I'd rather not think about "What if it's $5000 every 3 years?! or 'What if it's too late for us with MPB!'

We just have to wait until this winter or Q1 of 2012.

As for the $5000 every 3 years thing. Even if it were that outrageous you probably wouldn't have to get the same procedure done every 3 years for the rest of your life since inevitably something better will come along. I still have hope in aderans/follica/replicel's technique of cloning DHT resistant hairs. It's working, they've shown that much. They're getting better and better too.

Thank god human genetics give us at least some DHT resistant hairs on our heads. Imagine if MPB involved a complete loss of all hair on the head. Then we'd all be royally screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRyan View Post
    This all sounds great and all, but i started thinking it may just be too late for us men in the MPB process, i mean if it works the future generation will get the benefits of this and not us. I am only just starting to see i'm losing my hair, but by the time HSC comes out my hair isn't going to look so great and i will probably have bald areas by that time which gets me down because i could have been a few years off being able to get MPB under control with HSC.

And also why don't Histogen come on here say, once a month and just let us all know how things are going instead of making us all second guess about what might or might not be happening, after all it's just good business to let potential customers know what is going on.
    Hey with Propecia/Finasteride you have a ~90% chance of not losing any hair or even regaining some for 5 years. I know there's a lot of talk out there surrounding the possible side effects. I've been using finasteride (1.25mg) for about 3 months now and I have had 0 side effects... so as long as this keeps up I hope it's effects last me until HSC or something else comes along.

Why will only future generations benefit from HSC, guys in safety trials didn't get bald over night and they did regrow hair from one injection it's too soon to make any assumptions about efficency and price.

We still don't know how long hair will last, neither does Histogen, and even if first treatment costs $5000, next one for keeping hair probably won't cost that much.

And what is Follica doing, topical, injection? I read that something about lithium gel.

Quote Originally Posted by stillinHS1994 View Post
    Idk if this is right but according to this conversion chart I found on the web it says 40 cm is about 16 in long so a 40cm^2 section would be 16in by 16in.... Idk how big ur head is but that should cover it
    No! That is wrong.

40 cm is different from 40 cm^2.
    6 cm by 6 cm is 36 cm^2
    The same principle goes for inches.

I know this is terribly imprecise but, assuming you have a small frame and corresponding sized hands, 1 cm^2 is about the size of the nail of your small finger, the palm of your hand (excluding fingers) is about 70 cm^2.

And by the way, the average-full-head-of-hair person has about 100 hairs per cm^2.

I don't care how many injections you have to take, that is irrelevant for me. The important is that it works and if I can afford it.

http://www.histogen.com/aboutus/news_events.htm#25

I don't get one thing, on the legend bellow the pic they say the baseline is 179 and they got +73% hairs. But on the graphics the baseline starts at 230?!!!

My stupidity led me to lose my hair. If I had started fin or minox 10 years ago I would probably had a full head of hair (or maybe if I had been unlucky I would be impotent... who knows).
    I'm tired and desperate.
    In the next weeks I'll be investigating FUE. The good, the bad, and what I can expect of it.

Just to clear this up for a few people: Histogen's initial trials on small areas of scalp produced about 25FU/cm2. A bald scalp will need at least twice that.

what if you can get two injections in the same location and the results will double this will be a for sure cure.. I heard they were testing this theory in the current clinical trials. hopefully we will find out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlybill99 View Post
    what if you can get two injections in the same location and the results will double this will be a for sure cure.. I heard they were testing this theory in the current clinical trials. hopefully we will find out soon.
    This is the question we've all been asking for some time now. If the answer is yes then the cure is here.

They started the 2nd phase in june right? So shouldnt we see the 12 week data for this 2nd phase pretty soon.

I don't know. I do believe they'll have an update by November at the latest because there's a big biotech conference in China (Beijing I think) where they are to present about how human embryonic like proteins induce hair growth and induce apoptosis of cancer. Just to clarify the cancer part, inducing apoptosis will KILL off cancer cells. Seemingly different wnt proteins can cause cancer and others can kill off cancer. Or at least that's my understanding of it.