+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 225 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 ... LastLast
    Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    And the other question is a really really simple one

"Why are those clinics or docs who say ITS IMPOSSIBLE not sueing Gho and his clinic? I mean if they are so confident why not sue him"
    And the answer is also a simple one: They have no grounds for suing him, because they haven't personally been damaged by his false claims.

Inactive

False Claims? Science speak other way just look at this video

http://www.ascb.org/ibioseminars/inc...me=fuchs&num=2

This Elaine Fuchs lady has made some so-called discoveries with regards to hair growth, but she's a prime example of the type of scientist that I CANNOT STAND. She'll do every kind of test on mice, but will never do a damn thing to benefit humans. We've got way too many scientists like this. Ever since I started losing my hair, I've researched so many potential hair regrowth methods. Any I've come across a laundry list of scientists (Elaine Fuchs is a prime example) who do all of these tests on mice yet never do anything to apply these tests to help humans. Thank goodness we have people like Craig Ziering who are actually working to develop hair loss solutions to benefit HUMANS and not just test on mice. But unfortunately people who are actually working to develop hair loss solutions for humans (Cotsarelis, Dr. Ziering, etc.) are the exceptions. Most of these so-called scientists are just content testing on mice for their entire lives.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    This Elaine Fuchs lady has made some so-called discoveries with regards to hair growth, but she's a prime example of the type of scientist that I CANNOT STAND. She'll do every kind of test on mice, but will never do a damn thing to benefit humans. We've got way too many scientists like this. Ever since I started losing my hair, I've researched so many potential hair regrowth methods. Any I've come across a laundry list of scientists (Elaine Fuchs is a prime example) who do all of these tests on mice yet never do anything to apply these tests to help humans. Thank goodness we have people like Craig Ziering who are actually working to develop hair loss solutions to benefit HUMANS and not just test on mice. But unfortunately people who are actually working to develop hair loss solutions for humans (Cotsarelis, Dr. Ziering, etc.) are the exceptions. Most of these so-called scientists are just content testing on mice for their entire lives.
    How hard can it be to comprehend the simple logic that mice are considered expendable while humans are not.

All medical experiments made on mice are made in order to develop a greater understanding of the practical applications various scientific theories might have. If you used humans in the same way we use mice today you'd end up with something very similar to the methods of Josef Mengele.

I believe he is expressing his anger that the majority of scientists,like elaine fuchs, who discover stuff that could potentially benefit humans ONLY do tests on mice. They never do clinical trials in humans to demonstrate the possibility of a treatment. I don't think depressedbyhairloss is saying he wants to pull a Nazi Germany and skip tests on mice to go straight to humans with every expirement....depressedbyhairloss isn't saying to use humans the same way we use lab mice...or at least I don't think he is ... Lol...some ppl will go to any extent to cure their Mpb I guess lol

Quote Originally Posted by stillinHS1994 View Post
    I believe he is expressing his anger that the majority of scientists,like elaine fuchs, who discover stuff that could potentially benefit humans ONLY do tests on mice. They never do clinical trials in humans to demonstrate the possibility of a treatment. I don't think depressedbyhairloss is saying he wants to pull a Nazi Germany and skip tests on mice to go straight to humans with every expirement....depressedbyhairloss isn't saying to use humans the same way we use lab mice...or at least I don't think he is ...he might be a neo-Nazi but I highly doubt it lol
    But that's the thing. They are not stuffing mice full with potential cures to see if they become more or less cute. They are ramming them full with stuff that could do anything from absolutely nothing to making them bleed out the eyes or go completely batshit insane. The mice to them are the same as "lesser humans" were to Mengele; They are expendable. That's why I made the comparison.

If their experiments lead to anything that could help humans you will see them start clinical trials on humans. Until then it's a hit or miss game for mice.

I believe he is expressing his anger that the majority of scientists,like elaine fuchs, who discover stuff that could potentially benefit humans ONLY do tests on mice. They never do clinical trials in humans to demonstrate the possibility of a treatment. I don't think depressedbyhairloss is saying he wants to pull a Nazi Germany and skip tests on mice to go straight to humans with every expirement...and he definitely isn't saying to use humans the same way we use lab mice...but I dunno...some ppl will go to any.extent to cure their Mpb I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Jundam View Post
    But that's the thing. They are not stuffing mice full with potential cures to see if they become more or less cute. They are ramming them full with stuff that could do anything from absolutely nothing to making them bleed out the eyes or go completely batshit insane. The mice to them are the same as "lesser humans" were to Mengele; They are expendable. That's why I made the comparison.

If their experiments lead to anything that could help humans you will see them start clinical trials on humans. Until then it's a hit or miss game for mice.
    I would have to agree with you on that yes but the thing is this Elaine fuchs lady has found something with mice that could potentially benefit humans with alopecia...but she refuses to perform clinical trials....just mice...and more mice

Lol srry bout the double....I'm on a droid

Quote Originally Posted by stillinHS1994 View Post
    I would have to agree with you on that yes but the thing is this Elaine fuchs lady has found something with mice that could potentially benefit humans with alopecia...but she refuses to perform clinical trials....just mice...and more mice
    I honestly don't know enough about her to pass judgement either way but some researchers simply work only to further the base of knowledge. It is quite possible she is one of those scientists who are simply focused on expanding that base and thus has no interest in creating commercial products based on the research she conducts. But scientists who focus their research solely on obtaining a greater understanding of something frequently write papers and give speeches at large conventions in order to make their knowledge available to the scientific community. Basically what I'm saying is she's not holding anything back from us, she's most likely just leaving the commercial aspect of science to others because she's not in it for the money.

The reason I entered this thread was just to clarify that mice are being used while the outcome of the scientific theories are uncertain. They are used because they are considered expendable. Not because scientists love to take their sweet time getting somewhere. In fact most scientists are itching to see what the future brings and if they will bring something to it themselves.