Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VictimOfDHT
    • Apr 2011

So, when are we going to know FOR SURE if Gho's method works or not ??

Comment

• Jundam
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
      Damn, I hope he's not so focused on this new office in Chicago, that the development of the HSC complex is neglected. What really bugs me is when all these doctors offer nothing but hair transplants, despite the fact that I believe most people do not even want to get a hair transplant in the first place.
      I'm pretty sure Dr. Ziering isn't a part of the actual development process of HSC until it starts testing in the US. As I understood it he's their guy in America and not an actual contributor to the research.
      I don't think his inactivity should be regarded as anything negative. Most likely he just gets regular updates for now and he probably won't bother showing up here until he actually has something exciting to tell us. Might not be until results from phase II comes in and that's a while away.

Comment

• stillinHS1994
        • Jul 2011

I would also like an update like the majority of the ppl here,but they have only been doing this trial for like a month so I doubt they see results ....unless this shit is really REALLY working......that would be cool...and did someone say aderans is only getting 14 hairs a square cm? Damn

Comment

• Kiwi
          • Mar 2011

Are you guys crazy?!?!?!?

14 hairs per square cm is better the NO hairs per square cm

Comment

• Flowers
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Kiwi
            Are you guys crazy?!?!?!?

14 hairs per square cm is better the NO hairs per square cm
            In terms of scientific progress yes, but you would shave that if you had it

Comment

• Kiwi
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Flowers
              In terms of scientific progress yes, but you would shave that if you had it
              I don't shave my head and I doubt that in all areas of my head do I have 14 hairs per square cm left. I'm guessing that your hairloss hasn't progressed to that far yet

Of course the other thing you're forgetting is that 14 additional hairs per square cm means you will get crap loads more density when getting a hair transplant.

Obviously (obviously) it'd be nice if the technology was there that meant we didnt have to get a Hair Transplant... but unfortunately technology is not. yet.

Comment

• Jundam
                • Mar 2011

You really don't need to read that much into numbers yet. The results they presented were from safety trials with 12 weeks time from injection till result. I'm positive the results will be greatly improved by the time it reaches the market.
                It would seem to me that if it can regrow hair from inactive follicles it can regrow hair from all inactive follicles. Question is just what dosage and amount of injections are required to reach a cosmetically viable result. Hopefully whatever conclusion they arrive at ends up in a good price range without too many revisits for maintenance needed(preferably none at all of course).

Comment

• Jundam
                  • Mar 2011

Ignore the post above I thought we were talking about Histogen...

Although I will add that the 13 hairs per square centimeter was set as a standard for Aderans phase II proof-of-concept clinical trials. Basically results of 13 hairs per square centimeter is considered enough to prove that their theory works in practice. I think they're hoping to reach considerably better results than that for their end-product.

Comment

• stillinHS1994
                    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Jundam
                    Ignore the post above I thought we were talking about Histogen...

Although I will add that the 13 hairs per square centimeter was set as a standard for Aderans phase II proof-of-concept clinical trials. Basically results of 13 hairs per square centimeter is considered enough to prove that their theory works in practice. I think they're hoping to reach considerably better results than that for their end-product.
                    God, I hope so

Comment

• Jundam
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stillinHS1994
                      God, I hope so
                      13 hairs per square centimeter would make their product essentially worthless on the market. In the MPB market the better coverage you can attain the more customers you will get. If you can get full coverage in bald areas you have access to everybody from the teenager freaking out about his hairline receding to the 50 year old slick bald Norwood 7 who'd pay absurd amounts of money to feel young once again. So I don't think you have to worry about them setting their goals too low. Just hope they're on the right track.

Comment

• Mojo Risin
                        • Mar 2011

Eh ... new update from Histogen website.

Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society (TERMIS)
                        Asia Pacific Annual Meeting
                        August 3-5, 2011
                        Singapore
                        Dr. Gail Naughton to present "Human Tissue Engineered Soluble ECM Stimulates Hair growth While Inhibiting Cancer Cells"

That's ... today.

Comment

• Kiwi
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Jundam
                          13 hairs per square centimeter would make their product essentially worthless on the market. In the MPB market the better coverage you can attain the more customers you will get. If you can get full coverage in bald areas you have access to everybody from the teenager freaking out about his hairline receding to the 50 year old slick bald Norwood 7 who'd pay absurd amounts of money to feel young once again. So I don't think you have to worry about them setting their goals too low. Just hope they're on the right track.
                          You're wrong.

I would happily pay for 14 hairs per square cm, and from a business point of view it makes much more sense to launch something then nothing. If they refine it before launch even better.

Comment

• Kiwi
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Mojo Risin
                            Eh ... new update from Histogen website.

Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society (TERMIS)
                            Asia Pacific Annual Meeting
                            August 3-5, 2011
                            Singapore
                            Dr. Gail Naughton to present "Human Tissue Engineered Soluble ECM Stimulates Hair growth While Inhibiting Cancer Cells"

That's ... today.
                            What's the problem? The more successes that business has the more chance of a cure we get. If people moan like little bitches about only 14 hairs per square cm it might put investors off. Gee thanks guys.

If this Cancer stuff takes off and they make millions you cab guarantee that one product will fund the continued research of the other. These people are not stupid.

So I'm congratulating Gail for getting up and promoting her products. Right here right now.
                            Last edited by Kiwi; 08-03-2011, 12:50 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

• Jundam
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Kiwi
                              You're wrong.

I would happily pay for 14 hairs per square cm, and from a business point of view it makes much more sense to launch something then nothing. If they refine it before launch even better.
                              Then you'd be one of the few. The other part was just asinine.

Comment

• Kiwi
                                • Mar 2011

If I were a betting man, I'd say you're wrong again. Before FUT I bet people were saying that the results are not worth it, only a few people will want it...

... But they too were wrong because we're both members of a club here where thousands of people pay to have their hair moved from the back of their head, to the front of their head.

So I disagree with you and I guarantee people will buy this even if it is 14 hairs per square cm. And it won't be just a few people either. As we know this is a billion dollar industry. It won't be just a few.

Comment

Working...