Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CVAZBAR
    • Dec 2010

After phase 1 and 2 trials, what's next? How come it will take two yrs after that to get release? What happens in phase 3?

Comment

• Mojo Risin
      • Mar 2011

People need to stop saying that Histogen will give them ALL THEIR HAIR BACK. It won't.

Comment

• UK Boy
        • Apr 2011

How do you know it can't grow back all your hair

Not trying to be funny or start an arguement but none of us really know yet what Histogen's capable of with their end product.

The stuff we do know is that it thickens existing hairs and also regrows new hairs with just one injection. You say it can't grow back all your hair but how can you know that yet? Who knows what they'll achieve with more than one injection and by tweeking the formular.

I wish people on these forums didn't have to put a downer on promising break throughs all the time. As I'm sure people have said before there has to be promise for this product else the investors would have pulled out and the company would have given up on it. We've just had re-assurance that the phase I/II trials are going ahead which means things are still good until something else happens, like the product doesn't ever get to phase III can't you just let people have their optimism.

As others have also said even if this does not grow back all your hair at least it could be used with another treatment such as a hair transplant to give people a full head of hair again.

Comment

• Hurts
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by KeepHoping
          Hurts,

What I was implying is releasing the product after the phase 1/2 trail, after safety has been confirmed. That was the point of my post, not to cut out the phase 1/2 trials completely but rather to release the product somewhere else sooner after the 2nd trail has been completed. It was not meant to be disrespectful but as a request for him to bring up to the board, I feel like it makes a lot of sense actually. If safety and efficacy has been proven through the 1/2 trails , I think it makes total sense to release it in a place that has less restrictions, this should have no effect on its FDA approval in the States or in Asia. Again, I'm not saying to release it right now before proving safety in the upcoming trails in Asia, I'm saying prove safety and efficacy and release it afterward.
          it's just not going to be rushed mate. I feel your pain too.

Comment

• UK_
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Hurts
            it's just not going to be rushed mate. I feel your pain too.
            I agree, we can't rush these things, otherwise they just will not pan out as we hoped, we have to have patience and let the researchers scrutinise this process.

Everyone involved in the study wants it to market as bad as you do, we are all hoping for a better treatment, we just have to hang on and be patient, it will come.

Comment

• UK_
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by UK Boy
              The stuff we do know is that it thickens existing hairs and also regrows new hairs with just one injection. You say it can't grow back all your hair but how can you know that yet? Who knows what they'll achieve with more than one injection and by tweeking the formular.

I wish people on these forums didn't have to put a downer on promising break throughs all the time. As I'm sure people have said before there has to be promise for this product else the investors would have pulled out and the company would have given up on it. We've just had re-assurance that the phase I/II trials are going ahead which means things are still good until something else happens, like the product doesn't ever get to phase III can't you just let people have their optimism.
              That's a good point, we have to acknowledge that we have just been given confirmation of phase I/II, focus on the positives I guess.

And I really believe there is something here, nobody has ever achieved this amount of growth before and had it last past the 2 year mark, it is truly revolutionary.

Comment

• KeepHoping
                • Dec 2010

All I'm saying is with a product like Histogens that has already gone through a successful pre-clinical trial, with a serious phase 1/2 trail, the one starting soon, proving safety and efficacy I think it's totally reasonable for the company to think about releasing the product early in other countries without a doubt and I think it's a reasonable request for me to ask Dr. Ziering to present the idea to the company presidents, I'm not asking for him to hold a gun to their heads but present the idea to their board members and see what they say. Not only do you help the many people dealing with hairloss but the company will get huge gains to conduct furthur research to benefit more people, for hair and for other health issues.

I would urge you guys to think about this. 2 years after a successful pre-clinical trial showing significant regrowth from one injection with no adverse effects the hair grown is still present in the scalp, this is a huge discovery. Now if they prove with multiple injections over the entire balding scalp can reverse hair loss completely and result in huge regrowth with efficacy and safety why would it be out of the picture for potential consumers to press the company for an earlier release in another country?

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                  Inactive
                  • Jan 2011

Well i dont wann piss on the parade but its highly likely if they got the expected results with more injections, that they will release it sooner, at least as an expanded trial or so, with more people involved for less cash or so.

You know they could even release it today it would make a huge difference thats for sure

Comment

• HairTalk
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by RichardDawkins
                    You know they could even release it today it would make a huge difference thats for sure
                    You've said that before, and I have yet to contemplate how the hell you feel the company could, right now, release a product that hasn't even entered phase-I clinical trials.

Comment

• Dude77
                      • Apr 2011

Hi everybody,

I came across this forum while looking for some Histogen news on the internet. This thread is awesome, that's for sure...
                      The idea of bringing HSC to markeg earlier is great but unfortunately very unlikely. Just imagine headlines like "Mexicans used as guinea pigs to maximize profit for hair cloning company"...
                      However, please forgive me if this question is too trivial but does Histogen regrow hair only were you once had it? Or in other words, could you grow a mustache right on your forehead if you wanted to? This might be important if it comes to re-designing a hairline...

Comment

• KeepHoping
                        • Dec 2010

I think after proving safety and efficacy in a 1/2 trail and after the results from their pre-clinical trial it would be very safe and financially smart for the company to release it somewhere earlier. People could sign disclaimers or whatnot and get the treatment. If this upcoming trail proves safety then I would certainly get the treatment myself. I'm not really asking to debate this, I'm more asking if Dr. Ziering could just present the idea to Histogen's board to see what they think of the idea and hope it goes through, that's all. Don't you guys think it's worth a try? Work with me here, I do believe Dr. Ziering is a fantastic guy for coming on this forum and answering questions, I'm just presenting an idea to him and I hope he at least gives it a shot at the next meeting he has with Histogen.

Comment

• UK_
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by HairTalk
                          You've said that before, and I have yet to contemplate how the hell you feel the company could, right now, release a product that hasn't even entered phase-I clinical trials.
                          Lol my thoughts exactly.

Comment

• KeepHoping
                            • Dec 2010

I agree, releasing this early may be preemptive but after proving safety and efficacy in a phase 1/2 trail, it's totally reasonable. I also feel like the more potential consumers that push this the more likely they would be to keep the option in mind. It would not effect the products ability to become FDA approved in the US, Asia or Europe, they could still complete their trials as planned and get the next big FDA approved treatment for hairloss AND they would make a huge amount of money from consumers to help them complete their costly studies. The more people that support this idea, the better chance we have to get a product sooner, try and work with me if you can, don't be skeptical right off the bat, this IS feasible and I want to push for it in a respectful way because I really appreciate and respect the way Dr. Ziering has approached this forum and it's users, I'm just fed up with hairloss especially as a diffuse thinner where there aren't many options and want an option while I have most of follciles intact.

Don't just disregard and say "this won't happen" or "I doubt it can be rushed" at least try and work with me guys and lets respectfully ask Dr. Ziering to present the idea of an early release to Histogen, it can't hurt.

Comment

• Mojo Risin
                              • Mar 2011

Honestly, why don't you just wait and see what kind of results it gives ... if you have to pay hundreds of dollars for injections that only give you a couple of hair back, I don't think I'd buy it.

I want a CURE for my baldness, I want my hair back, not just some patchy results. I want a product that will reverse the process of balding.

I'm really sceptical how this product can give a Norwood 7 a full head of hair back ... I'm just not as positive as you guys.

PS : Sorry for my english.

Comment

• KeepHoping
                                • Dec 2010

Mojo,

I believe this is the product that will reverse the miniturization process better than any other, believe me, what I'm saying over and over is to advocate for an early release if they produce results with EFFICACY and SAFETY in their upcoming trail. You have nothing to lose to advocate for an earlier release but hair. It's worth the effort and if anyone believes the same I think it would be worthy to step up and say so.

Comment

Working...