+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 225 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast
    Inactive

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Was it not 84.5 hairs after 12 months? This in an area of 1.46cm2 I believe.
    I think that number was an extrapolation from what Dr. Ziering said, which was that "an average of roughly 100 new hairs were seen per 2cm2 treatment area in the HSC sites."

1.47 cm/2 is roughly the size of a dime.

Personally I believe the worst case scenario with HSC will be that it permanently stops hair loss and gives you diffuse coverage that you can either keep tight or grow out and add some hair loss concealer like nanogen to add volume. I think that alone would be a major step forward from using rogaine and / or propecia every day.

Inactive

This is a very good Worst Case scenario in my books :-)

I would give some additional thoughts. I believe that a hairloss stop is pretty much the case even in this "early" results this seems to backup this claim.

What i think is, that it will work better on your vertex area, because in this area it seems propecia works also better then in the frontal regions.

So the worst case remains

1) hairloss stop but not your original density so additional hair transplant and you are finished for good

I think this is something which everyone could accept.

Dont get me wrong i really belive in Histogen i really do but i wouldnt be crushed if this "worst case" scenario would happen, because primary its important to stop hairloss at all :-)

Come on guys - I know it's easy to get lost in wishful thinking. But I would say that the worst case scenario is rather that it turns out that Histogen causes cancer and does not grow as much hair as it was intially believed to do.
    I too have high hopes for this - but there's no point in kidding ourselves about the worst case scenario. There are still a lot of things that can go wrong.

Inactive

Oh come on the cancer thing is so 80s :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    This is a very good Worst Case scenario in my books :-)

I would give some additional thoughts. I believe that a hairloss stop is pretty much the case even in this "early" results this seems to backup this claim.

What i think is, that it will work better on your vertex area, because in this area it seems propecia works also better then in the frontal regions.

So the worst case remains

1) hairloss stop but not your original density so additional hair transplant and you are finished for good

I think this is something which everyone could accept.

Dont get me wrong i really belive in Histogen i really do but i wouldnt be crushed if this "worst case" scenario would happen, because primary its important to stop hairloss at all :-)
    Please stop posting. Your constant diatribe about how everything is going to work perfectly and ridiculous expectations based on pretty much nothing is really quite annoying.

The worst case scenario is that the initial results are not repeated and it has long term side effects that we dont know about.

I'll chime in with the bandwagon of cautious hopefuls. Histogen's H.S.C. didn't fall on its ass straight out of the gate, and that's a good thing, but it's only early in 2011. The sole results we all can talk of still were released just during 2010; there are not yet very many data around about the compund.

Just how safe and efficacious is H.S.C.? Will it promote neoplasia? Let's hope not (from what I've read of what the compound consists of, I don't think it will, but that hardly means that nothing, including tumor-formation, can go wrong). Will it really stop balding? Reverse it? In which areas of the scalp? Will it help for just a few years? If so, will "booster doses" help, or will it do no further good in treated patients?

There are many questions yet unanswered. We have reason to be hopeful, but we ought to refrain from celebrating over anything, at this point — H.S.C., ACell, InterCytex, Aderans. All these studies are in relatively early stages; it's foolish to begin rejoicing, already.

Quote Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post
    There are many questions yet unanswered. We have reason to be hopeful, but we ought to refrain from celebrating over anything, at this point — H.S.C., ACell, InterCytex, Aderans. All these studies are in relatively early stages; it's foolish to begin rejoicing, already.
    Intercytex? Have they started trials for hair loss now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakez View Post
    Please stop posting. Your constant diatribe about how everything is going to work perfectly and ridiculous expectations based on pretty much nothing is really quite annoying.

The worst case scenario is that the initial results are not repeated and it has long term side effects that we dont know about.
    lol@diatribe.

I'm gettin' real tired aswel of Richard Dawkins/Stevie.Dee's blind over-inflated drugged enthusiasm, I've a feeling one day he might be forced to bite a very hard bullet...Rememer Shh? lol.