+ Reply to Thread
Page 182 of 225 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 180 181 182 183 184 192 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2248

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    because it's dumb and it wouldn't work for 100% of women and 90% of men. Only those men with "perfect recessions" with no diffuse thinning could somewhat benefit from it....

why can't you wait for a real treatment? Histogen is almost here and this PGD2 stuff will be confirmed in the next couple months.
    I mostly agree with your posts, but not this one.

Wait? Because I've got a life to live now....gho is here now, histogen are years away. There are new treatments being discussed every month. New topicals. New drugs on the horizon.

@ tracy - lack of evidence? Actually, I have seen more real life evidence from HASCI than Ive seen from histogen, replicel, follica, combined. But you trust their evidence more than Hasci.

Think about that. You are trusting a few macro photos (very very few) and some % figures as evidence. Replicel suddenly have improved figures, after what was perceived as a failure by most, and news spread quickly of histogens brilliant progress. Suspect? Not to you. I believe that is called BLIND FAITH. They haven't even released ANY photos as PROOF.

One guy on this forum have given evidence of regrowth in the donor and a good yield. You say 'thats only one' but its still one more real life example than all of the research groups combined (no mice do not count). There is more evidence that HASCI are for real. Unfortunately they are celebrities. A very well known HT doctor has written a letter of apology, stating that HASCI are doing exactly what they claim. There are scientific papers that NO OTHER doctors have bothered to disprove. The hasci approach HAS BEEN proven to be true by one other scientist, Jahoda I believe. The bigger question is does the donor and receipient generate terminal hairs. And there are 4 or 5 members of this and HS forum that will / have provide(d) photos. I am one of those....

In terms of HSC vs fin. Again, it depends on price. Whos to say that HSC is a once in a life time treatment. One could have it done every 2 or 3 years. Or maybe one treatment will be enough (i doubt that though). We will see...

No, its not a cure. No, it doesnt make you immune to baldness. But yes, it should be a repeatable treatment. I really don't see the need for fin to slow down baldness if HSC gets FAR better results and is repeatable.

I firmly believe histogen will change the industry before anyone else. We will see about replicel at the end of the year.

And yes, Gho should go out of his way to provide proof, but his story is a complicated one. hes a terrible business man. More research is being done, he's fully booked, and i sense while he is booked he doesnt care what a lady on some hairloss site has to say about him.

I think Histogen and Gho are the only two good bets at the moment. But there is a still a huge chance of course that histogens results are impressive because they choose patients who will provide them with a better % figure. Ie, people who still have plenty of hair. If half of their patients were slick bald their average % figures would not be so impressive.

As you like these numbers, I'll give you one now...

"After some research I have come to the conclusion that there is a 92.4% +- 4.2% chance that Tracy is a hypocrite. I have a macro photo for her, if she wants to come see it"

That will be my last ever post. People like you are so annoying.

because it's dumb and it wouldn't work for 100% of women and 90% of men. Only those men with "perfect recessions" with no diffuse thinning could somewhat benefit from it....
    I don't understand at all why Gho's HST treatment would work for only 10% of men and 0% of women. For the most part it's no different than a standard FUE hair transplant except with slightly different extraction and cultivation methods which result in the supposed donor regeneration and minimal scarring.

If you're talking about diffuse thinning and shock loss, that can be negated with careful planning and the surgeon's skill. There are surgeons who can get reasonably high density in areas that aren't slick bald and of course, the hugely expanded donor supply that Gho claims to offer helps with that.

In the end though, it is a hair transplant, so the final aesthetic result depends on the skill and artistry of the surgeon.

why can't you wait for a real treatment? Histogen is almost here and this PGD2 stuff will be confirmed in the next couple months.
    We have no idea when these treatments will come out and exactly how effective they will be. If I knew for sure that Histogen would release a product in a few years that would regrow my hair to close to 50% of my original density then I would wait. But I've been waiting for a while now and I'm still young and would like to enjoy life. I don't want to delay things, wait for years, and then find out these treatments didn't make it, which is a very distinct possibility.

That's why I'm interested in Gho's procedure. It's out there right now and sounds very interesting yet there still isn't a consensus on how well it works. Even if you're not interested in it, it's still worth investigating for all the people who are getting hair transplants. We should all be aware of what options we have out there now. Hopefully we find out more information about Histogen soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    Wait? Because I've got a life to live now....gho is here now, histogen are years away. There are new treatments being discussed every month. New topicals. New drugs on the horizon.
    Histogen's phase 2 will end in december. I assume Phase 3 will take a year too so with all that, Histogen will be completely finished at the end of 2013/early 2014. That's barely two years!

What norwood are you right now? It's not worth permanently damaging your scalp tissue especially if you know that a "cure" is almost here...

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    If not, you're in no place to comment on Gho's procedure - I dont get you - you're all "positivity police" for every treatment bar the HASCI treatment, which is probably the best chance we have in curing MPB.
    Doesn't make sense to me either.

I'm interested in Histogen as a future option but I'm also interested in what's out there now. We have a procedure out there now which claims to be generating 2 hairs from 1 with some pretty compelling pictures and we still don't have a consensus whether it truly works or not And people like tracy are dismissive of it and don't show the least bit of interest in it. I can't understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    I mostly agree with your posts, but not this one.

@ tracy - lack of evidence? Actually, I have seen more real life evidence from HASCI than Ive seen from histogen, replicel, follica, combined. But you trust their evidence more than Hasci.

Think about that. You are trusting a few macro photos (very very few) and some % figures as evidence. Replicel suddenly have improved figures, after what was perceived as a failure by most, and news spread quickly of histogens brilliant progress. Suspect? Not to you. I believe that is called BLIND FAITH. They haven't even released ANY photos as PROOF.

One guy on this forum have given evidence of regrowth in the donor and a good yield. You say 'thats only one' but its still one more real life example than all of the research groups combined (no mice do not count). There is more evidence that HASCI are for real. Unfortunately they are celebrities. A very well known HT doctor has written a letter of apology, stating that HASCI are doing exactly what they claim. There are scientific papers that NO OTHER doctors have bothered to disprove. The hasci approach HAS BEEN proven to be true by one other scientist, Jahoda I believe. The bigger question is does the donor and receipient generate terminal hairs. And there are 4 or 5 members of this and HS forum that will / have provide(d) photos. I am one of those....

In terms of HSC vs fin. Again, it depends on price. Whos to say that HSC is a once in a life time treatment. One could have it done every 2 or 3 years. Or maybe one treatment will be enough (i doubt that though). We will see...

No, its not a cure. No, it doesnt make you immune to baldness. But yes, it should be a repeatable treatment. I really don't see the need for fin to slow down baldness if HSC gets FAR better results and is repeatable.

I firmly believe histogen will change the industry before anyone else. We will see about replicel at the end of the year.

And yes, Gho should go out of his way to provide proof, but his story is a complicated one. hes a terrible business man. More research is being done, he's fully booked, and i sense while he is booked he doesnt care what a lady on some hairloss site has to say about him.

I think Histogen and Gho are the only two good bets at the moment. But there is a still a huge chance of course that histogens results are impressive because they choose patients who will provide them with a better % figure. Ie, people who still have plenty of hair. If half of their patients were slick bald their average % figures would not be so impressive.

As you like these numbers, I'll give you one now...

"After some research I have come to the conclusion that there is a 92.4% +- 4.2% chance that Tracy is a hypocrite. I have a macro photo for her, if she wants to come see it"

That will be my last ever post. People like you are so annoying.
    Nice post neversaynever but please continue posting. I personally am really looking forward to reading about your upcoming procedure. The results you and damielmillo show will have a big effect on a lot of people, including myself. Your contribution to the hair loss forums and community will be huge so don't abandon us

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Because Histogen's treatment will not be permenent. Histogen's treatment will not immunize the hair follicles from the damaging effects of DHT. Men will still need to take Finasteride and women will still need to take Spiro to keep the hair they have as well as the hair that grows back.
    Except it is very possible that Histogen's injections can be done every few years or so to maintain the hair, rather than continuing to destroy your system with that fin/spiro crap.

I refuse to put that crap in my system - always have, always will.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    I don't understand at all why Gho's HST treatment would work for only 10% of men and 0% of women. For the most part it's no different than a standard FUE hair transplant except with slightly different extraction and cultivation methods which result in the supposed donor regeneration and minimal scarring.

If you're talking about diffuse thinning and shock loss, that can be negated with careful planning and the surgeon's skill. There are surgeons who can get reasonably high density in areas that aren't slick bald and of course, the hugely expanded donor supply that Gho claims to offer helps with that.

In the end though, it is a hair transplant, so the final aesthetic result depends on the skill and artistry of the surgeon.

We have no idea when these treatments will come out and exactly how effective they will be. If I knew for sure that Histogen would release a product in a few years that would regrow my hair to close to 50% of my original density then I would wait. But I've been waiting for a while now and I'm still young and would like to enjoy life. I don't want to delay things, wait for years, and then find out these treatments didn't make it, which is a very distinct possibility.

That's why I'm interested in Gho's procedure. It's out there right now and sounds very interesting yet there still isn't a consensus on how well it works. Even if you're not interested in it, it's still worth investigating for all the people who are getting hair transplants. We should all be aware of what options we have out there now. Hopefully we find out more information about Histogen soon as well.
    Look man don't bring the gho bullshit from hairsite here. It's pointless you will not convinced these guys. They don't a squat about hair multiplication so they just keep guessing and guessing without reading anything, maybe they read the tittle of some papers lol.

I've read the papers of Ghos and it makes sense that it SHOULD work. Wait, IT HAS TO WORK but i find it very difficult to do it in practice.

Now there is a lot of evidence pointing that it works from recent patients and that Gho isn't lying about all his crazy "claims".

What i want to know is this: why doesn't Gho himself hire a 3rd party team or get involved with some clinics to test the efficacy and convince all the skeptics once and for all?

Why do you assholes keep bothering spencer with this Gho, there's not much spencer can do. It's up to Gho.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Look man don't bring the gho bullshit from hairsite here. It's pointless you will not convinced these guys. They don't a squat about hair multiplication so they just keep guessing and guessing without reading anything, maybe they read the tittle of some papers lol.

I've read the papers of Ghos and it makes sense that it SHOULD work. Wait, IT HAS TO WORK but i find it very difficult to do it in practice.

Now there is a lot of evidence pointing that it works from recent patients and that Gho isn't lying about all his crazy "claims".

What i want to know is this: why doesn't Gho himself hire a 3rd party team or get involved with some clinics to test the efficacy and convince all the skeptics once and for all?

Why do you assholes keep bothering spencer with this Gho, there's not much spencer can do. It's up to Gho.
    Why does gho need too? Has it occured to anyone that by people not taking on ghos technology, it allows him to monopolise the market?

Imagine if people like feller, rahal , cole adopt his tech. Gho would lose business, and won't be able to set the price like he is now

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Why does gho need too? Has it occured to anyone that by people not taking on ghos technology, it allows him to monopolise the market?

Imagine if people like feller, rahal , cole adopt his tech. Gho would lose business, and won't be able to set the price like he is now
    Not if Gho had a piece of their business money wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Not if Gho had a piece of their business money wise.
    And who's to say that HT Drs would want to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    Nice post neversaynever but please continue posting. I personally am really looking forward to reading about your upcoming procedure. The results you and damielmillo show will have a big effect on a lot of people, including myself. Your contribution to the hair loss forums and community will be huge so don't abandon us
    ^ This. Don't let the bully get to you, neversaynever!