Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Jan 2012

Desmond84 seems to know a lot about Histogen for guy who joined just 4 days before Histogen's PR announcement... :tinfoilhat:

"dose-range finding"... ok you do realize that you can only inject so much of their stuff with ONE INJECTION. It's not about dosages at this point, it's the number of injections.

Yes, you're right that US approval is not needed for most us since we can fly anywhere. Millions of US residents fly to India to get major treatments since it's 10x cheaper yet the quality is still first world.
    Would be nice to get Histogen's approval - hey we're done here, come and get it - before 2015...

Comment

• Desmond84
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by 2020
      Desmond84 seems to know a lot about Histogen for guy who joined just 4 days before Histogen's PR announcement... :tinfoilhat:
      LOL @ that comment

We all joined this forum at some point dude!

"dose-range finding"... ok you do realize that you can only inject so much of their stuff with ONE INJECTION. It's not about dosages at this point, it's the number of injections.
      Yeah I know that 2020. "Dose-range finding" study is a general term they use in Phase 2 trials just to indicate they are tweaking the dose and frequency of administration. In this unique case, dose actually refers to number of injections.

Yes, you're right that US approval is not needed for most us since we can fly anywhere. Millions of US residents fly to India to get major treatments since it's 10x cheaper yet the quality is still first world.
      Would be nice to get Histogen's approval - hey we're done here, come and get it - before 2015...
      Dude we will be all meeting up for a few drinks in Singapore b4 going in for the shots

- Fingers crossed

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by Dan26

Histogen showed that increasing the dose increased the effectiveness...
        No. Histogen showed that using another after pic increased the effectiveness...

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by 534623

No. Histogen showed that using another after pic increased the effectiveness.
          Furthermore, Histogen didn't show/prove "...that extracellular Wnt ligands can promote actual hair follicle neogenesis in adult skin" - as mentioned by Dr. George Cotsarelis and co-workers in this field (page 4, left column).

And to prove this, is simple:
          Just inject the stuff into a COMPLETELY SLICK BALD SCALP, and after a certain period of time, simply look whether or not thick and coarse terminal hairs grow - in former slick bald scalp-skin.

Comment

• UK_
            • Feb 2011

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS. THEY CANT TAKE IT WHEN YOU IGNORE THEM

Comment

• UK_
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Desmond84
              Dude we will be all meeting up for a few drinks in Singapore b4 going in for the shots

- Fingers crossed
              Lets hope so! I cant wait for the next interview with Gail or Dr Ziering - anyone know when it's going to take place?

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by UK_

THEY CANT TAKE IT WHEN YOU IGNORE THEM
                What do you mean? Most guys ignore you anyhow. I don't get it ...

Comment

• UK_
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Desmond84
                  Yeah, but Spencer specifically asked: "When can we potentially see this available here in the US? Is it safe to say 2015?" to which he replied "Hmmmm, well maybe +2 years..."

That being said, if its available in Singapore by 2015, you can always get a head start by flying over there and getting your treatments until it becomes FDA-approved.

If you really care about keeping your hair, extra costs should not be an issue
                  That's right - a lot of people interpreted that as the Asian release date and then went on a troll/misinformation frenzy on the boards.

Lets be clear that Dr Ziering was referring to the start date in the US, which has never changed, he has said all along it will take longer to release in the US (give or take 2+ years) than in Asia.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
                    • Aug 2012

Thanks for the info Desmond, I really hope good things are coming. Even this amount of time seems too long though.

Comment

• Kiwi
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Breaking Bald
                      Thanks for the info Desmond, I really hope good things are coming. Even this amount of time seems too long though.
                      Yeah thanks Desmond.

Comment

• Desmond84
                        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Breaking Bald
                        Dude, believe me when I say I want it now too!

But then when I think about it a little bit more, I get a little bit paranoid. I mean its a novel therapeutic after all meaning we don't know nothing about its potential risks. So the longer they test it out and collect safety data the better it is for all of us!

So, lets stay positive!

Comment

• krewel
                          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                          I've said it before and I'll say it again.

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS. THEY CANT TAKE IT WHEN YOU IGNORE THEM
                          No, Google and Wikipedia research made me smarter than scientists like Prof.Hoffmann etc.. I know, they are professors and have been into hair research for more than a decade but cmon, they're just some stupid hobby scientists.. I only needed 2 months to learn what they learned in 15 years. I'm just more talented, you know.. I don't need them. I'll do my own PGD2 experiments.
                          And for anyone, who has not seen my results so far. Here I post them again. THAT'S what people want to see:

Seriously mate... stop racking your brain about these hairsite guys or you'll have to deal with grey hairs very soon.. Hairsite is not a forum, it's a nuthouse..

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by krewel

No, Google and Wikipedia research made me smarter than scientists like Prof.Hoffmann etc..
                            You shouldn't google so much etc ...

Comment

• bananana
                              Inactive
                              • Feb 2012

I dont know if you've seen this. But the last chat is very promising.

-Dr. Ziering said - probably 2 to 3 years till Asia availability. It's not know yet how long will one sessions results last.

-Hsc was used (as said) on a guy who had a very poor overall hair quality (donor very weak as well, so I'm guessing a heavily diffuse NW4-5?). Dr. Ziering said his WHOLE hair improved significantly.

-Also he states all participants saw and FELT positive changes, possibly more positive than you can document with photos. (I'm a photographer and a graphic designer - and thats true!)

-No real side effects whatsoever.

-All studies are phase 2 still.

Comment

• rdawg
                                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by bananana
                                I dont know if you've seen this. But the last chat is very promising.

-Dr. Ziering said - probably 2 to 3 years till Asia availability. It's not know yet how long will one sessions results last.

-Hsc was used (as said) on a guy who had a very poor overall hair quality (donor very weak as well, so I'm guessing a heavily diffuse NW4-5?). Dr. Ziering said his WHOLE hair improved significantly.

-Also he states all participants saw and FELT positive changes, possibly more positive than you can document with photos. (I'm a photographer and a graphic designer - and thats true!)

-No real side effects whatsoever.

-All studies are phase 2 still.
                                Good post! havent seen this.

I'm actually kinda glad they're doing a 2b, a higher/slightly different dose may mean better results. And this seems like it will be very helpful for moderate hairloss sufferers.

Only thing is I hope it's not the ONLY product that will come out in the next few years, hoping Aderans does well, even bitmatoprost.

Comment

Working...