Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HairTalk
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by UK_
    Intercytex? Have they started trials for hair loss now?
    I know they dropped out of it (hair-multiplication research), but I thought they were starting back up — I could be wrong about the latter.

http://www.***************/hair-loss...ning-research/

From the above Web site: "While they appeared to have good management and promising preliminary results, their subsequent Phase II testing on humans failed to produce cosmetically significant hair regrowth."

This sort of thing happens over and over. I'm not suggesting we thus should figure nothing ever will work out, but that it likely would be healthy to somewhat curb our collective enthusiasm.

*Why the hell can't one insert U.R.L.s into one's messages in this forum? It's absurd we should be disallowed to cite sources on a site such as this.

Comment

• HairTalk
      • Feb 2011

The next hit in a Google search:

Comment

• mlao
        • Oct 2009

Aderans bought the research that Intercytex developed.

Comment

• UK_
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by HairTalk
          lol... well, if it fails we still have this:

Cells only form into certain tissue if they grow within the scaffold of the construct they plan to develop into, thus you can only grow follicles if you have a follicle scaffold drained of all cells to leave only the scaffold structure, (as follicles are organs) stem cells, growth factors may then be introduced and develop into full follicles. Stem cells from the back of the scalp would need to be used to take advantage of the fact that they are neutral to the impact of androgens, the hairs must then be planted into the scalp. They have adopted this concept for years here to grow new hearts and other organs.

Engineering organs begins with something missing -- a phantom organ in the body that causes a patient incredible discomfort, dysfunction or pain. It ends with a Star Trek-esque feat of engineering where missing organs are replaced using cells culled from a patient's own body.

Comment

• CVAZBAR
            • Dec 2010

Wish I was 10 yrs younger.

Comment

• Gubter_87
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by RichardDawkins
              Oh come on the cancer thing is so 80s :-)
              You obviously don't really have a clue what you're talking about here so I'll give you a quick run through. What histogen are actually trying out is to inject WNT-proteins, which stimulate stem-cell differentiation, into the scalp. And obviously the first thing that comes to mind when interfering with such a delicate system is an increased risk of cancer.

Now, Dr. Ziering has said that the initial results have showed no major side effects, which is good news, but that does not mean there is still no risk or that this might not backfire anytime soon.

You are obviously optimistic about future treatments like histogen and A-cell, which is good. But right now I think you just might be spreading a bit to much unsubstantiated hope to people on this forum. Hopefully both histogen and A-cell will turn out to be very usefull treatments in the end. But that does not mean that ignoring the possible backdraws that comes with the treatments is a good idea.

Comment

• UK_
                • Feb 2011

Exactly, shh also signalled new hair growth, but all animal subjects went on to form tumours.

Comment

• Sogeking
                  • Feb 2011

So the guy is optimisic. It is his right, you know. The only worry here for optimistic people is if there expectations aren't met. So thats why we're here.
                  At first I was very optimistic about Histogen and its potential, but after some time I've became a sceptic. With every possible treatment not just Histogen.

I do think that in 2-3 years we will know for the most part if these cutting edge/future treatments are viable for last stages of testing and distribution.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                    Inactive
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                    Exactly, shh also signalled new hair growth, but all animal subjects went on to form tumours.
                    Ok do you have links for those claims? I guess not

I really dont care if you guys have problems with my "positive" attitude, i rally dont because there is always a front of people who just want to enjoy their self pittying.

Its funny when even repair patients are more happy in life then some "The whole world is bleak" guys lurking around.

And should i really discuss with someone like UK_ who didnt even know anything about Intercytex or Bakez who cycles all hairloss boards to repeat the one question "Everything Failed" all over again?

And iam not optimistic (even if it would be my right, but clinic shills cant grasp this) iam more realistic. Just realistic and rational.

You know if you let dictate guys like UK_ or Bakez what you have to be, then you seriously need more then just hairs.

As you may have read, there is actually one patient who got plucked hairs transplanted into his scar and UK_ just ignores that with his Cole statement " Show me the science"

Well its difficult to show people like you the science when you close your eyes and als trolling around.

You said in forums you never take anything personal, but you do because you have to use stuff like " RichardDawkins/Stevie.Dee bla bla crap" what does this contribute? Exactly nothing.

Here are some nice efforts even without MYSELF answering anything at first, how UK_ (an obvious troll) tries to destroy a normal thread :

1) Troll acting number one : http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4604

And guess what, who is the first person to answer UK_ postings? Right its Bakez (a system?)

2) Spoken like a secret clinic rep http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...?t=4604&page=2

You know to give the impression that Acell didnt work and people should get normal hairtransplants instead.

3) Nobody can explain how, HOW Acell works : http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...?t=4604&page=3

Well didnt people actually explain how a ECM works, that it keep tissue from healing and instead forces it to create normal tissue without scarring?

Also this site is interesting because he uses the same tactic someone would use to discredit special clinis, he uses the indirect/direct thing " Some docs from NY who...."

Also further down you get a grip of what he is doing here, only trolling because statements like "baaaaaahhaaaaa how many times have we heard this" are only stupid and they distract from the case itself.

Just look at how this whole thread turned out, at first there were serious and matter related questions, but then UK_ got into and everything turned into a mess where the case itself wasnt the main thing anymore :-)

And you guys keep attack me for my "positive" thinking?

Also when he gets outed here, he uses the fog tactic to draw away attention from him, as you can see in the last posting.

Thats why i didnt response in the beginning, i just wanted to see and later show people here, how threads turned out when guys like UK_ are involved.

I wouldnt wonder if he is another HairRobinHood Account to annoy people. You know guys scepticism is good, if its on a realistic level but mindless destroying and downtalking everything is just utterly stupid.

Everyone who is interested in HSC or ECM should just gather himself informations and form his own point of view here.

I remain of course realistic optimistic because its my right, and if some 23 year old Bakez has a problem with that (i can understand you to a certain point because you are somehow young and desperate etc but you wont have to live your 30s being bald, that is highly unlikely, you can beliv this or not, its your decision) well then they have to live with that.

Comment

• Purple Glow
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Bakez
                      Please stop posting. Your constant diatribe about how everything is going to work perfectly and ridiculous expectations based on pretty much nothing is really quite annoying.

The worst case scenario is that the initial results are not repeated and it has long term side effects that we dont know about.
                      I'm not worried about long-term side effects with this product. I have not read anything about the mice getting tumors from HSC. There were no side effects seen in the test so far, and this product isn't something that is an artificial implant, nor has to constantly be applied daily. Its injected once, and then its just simply your hair.

Results could go one of three ways.

1. They may not be repeated.
                      2. They may be repeated exactly.
                      3. They could get better at using this technology and improve results.

Either 2 or 3 is acceptable, imo.

Comment

• Purple Glow
                        • Feb 2011

From a business and marketing standpoint, the fact that Histogen has stated they want to focus on this being an inexpensive treatment that the masses have access to tells us they are very confident in the product.

If you have a product you think is not that great and is something people will sour on eventually, you don't waste your time worrying about access to the product.

However, if you truly believe the product is going to be something everyone wants, you aim to make it as affordable as you can because where you make the real big money is on volume sales. They seem to be expecting there will be a lot of demand.

Comment

• Purple Glow
                          • Feb 2011

Also keep in mind Phase I was a low-dose test to just look for side effects. The fact that Phase I showed an average gain of 84 hairs per 1.47cm2 was gravy. That's what you want to see in a winning product - results that exceed expectations. I think we should be optimistic.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                            Inactive
                            • Jan 2011

Why be optimistic? This are only 84 hairs. So where is the science? :-)

Just kidding. You are right. HSC did right now win compared to Propecia and Minox because all of them or lets make it more accurate slowed down hairloss (HSC seems to stop it instead of slowing it down)

And as a bonus with HSC hair did regrow, something missing in Fin and Minox.

Also you are right, mass market is the key here.

Hey Iron.Man another screencap for you

Comment

• nature
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Purple Glow
                              Also keep in mind Phase I was a low-dose test to just look for side effects. The fact that Phase I showed an average gain of 84 hairs per 1.47cm2 was gravy. That's what you want to see in a winning product - results that exceed expectations. I think we should be optimistic.
                              With increasing dosage HSC would probably get better results,not worser.It was low dosage of HSC on a spot with thinning hair (preclinical safety trials).Question is,what results can we expect on completely bald spots?So if they can get these results (50-80 new hairs per 1.47 cm2)on bald spots whit every new injection then we could get almost "normal" density.That is optimism!
                              But if we expect that HSC would stop our progress hairloss on some time (2-5 years)for one treatment and could get us some more density then i think that is very realistic.

Comment

• Jcm800
                                • Jan 2011

UK_ is very good at jumping on a thread and attacking people on it!

He jumped on the TRX2 thread and called us all 'retards' a couple of weeks back, and let rip!

In fairness, bar the retards comment I feel he probably had some good points about it tho.

Comment

Working...