X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Purple Glow
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by RichardDawkins
    So then, whats the verdict here :-)

Good or Bad. But how did you guys come on 25 hairs, i heared something about 100 hairs :-)
    I got 25 hairs from a direct quote from Dr. Z that I quoted in post #193 of this thread.

Comment

• mlao
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by gmonasco
      I think all the speculation about hair counts is moot until we know:

1) That HSC is actually producing new hairs (rather than merely coaxing existing hairs out of the telogen phase).

2) Whether the effect is compoundable with larger or repeated dosages.
      Thumbs up to this statement!

Comment

• UK_
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Purple Glow
        I got 25 hairs from a direct quote from Dr. Z that I quoted in post #193 of this thread.
        Was it not 84.5 hairs after 12 months? This in an area of 1.46cm2 I believe.

Found this on their website:

Histogen named a Top 300 Startup by fundedIDEAS for 2011! Company successfully completes Series A financing round, and opens Series B, with Phase I / II trial beginning this Spring.

http://www.fundedideas.com/index.html

Congratulations guys!

Comment

• CAlex
          • Feb 2011

Yes UK you are basically correct. an increase of about 84 hairs in a 1.47 cm/2 area was the result in phase 1.

179 hairs baseline to 263 hairs after 1 year. It was basically a 47% increase in new hairs but the studied posted a 70 plus % increase because histogen took into account existing hairs increase in thickness etc.

The only thing in terms of percentages and numbers we need to take from phase 1 is that there was a good result from a SAFETY trial and this method holds much promise.
          Phase II will include much more patients in the study with more emphasis on dosages and frequency of shots etc.

Phase II numbers will definitely be much more meaningful even if they still produce only the same hair increase as phase 1. It will show the ability to reproduce the results over a much more extensive patient base and recipient area.

Comment

• CVAZBAR
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Purple Glow
            For visualization purposes, I went around looking a common household objects to find something that is about the same size as the test area. 2 square millimeters is roughly the size of the diameter of a grounding pin on a 3-prong electrical plug in the United States. If you don't know what that is, here is a photo.

In that area, 25 new hairs were seen at one year.
            Excellent idea Purp.

Comment

• gmonasco
              Inactive
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by UK_
              Was it not 84.5 hairs after 12 months? This in an area of 1.46cm2 I believe.
              I think that number was an extrapolation from what Dr. Ziering said, which was that "an average of roughly 100 new hairs were seen per 2cm2 treatment area in the HSC sites."

Comment

• Purple Glow
                • Feb 2011

1.47 cm/2 is roughly the size of a dime.

Comment

• Purple Glow
                  • Feb 2011

Personally I believe the worst case scenario with HSC will be that it permanently stops hair loss and gives you diffuse coverage that you can either keep tight or grow out and add some hair loss concealer like nanogen to add volume. I think that alone would be a major step forward from using rogaine and / or propecia every day.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                    Inactive
                    • Jan 2011

This is a very good Worst Case scenario in my books :-)

I would give some additional thoughts. I believe that a hairloss stop is pretty much the case even in this "early" results this seems to backup this claim.

What i think is, that it will work better on your vertex area, because in this area it seems propecia works also better then in the frontal regions.

So the worst case remains

1) hairloss stop but not your original density so additional hair transplant and you are finished for good

I think this is something which everyone could accept.

Dont get me wrong i really belive in Histogen i really do but i wouldnt be crushed if this "worst case" scenario would happen, because primary its important to stop hairloss at all :-)

Comment

• Gubter_87
                      • Aug 2010

Come on guys - I know it's easy to get lost in wishful thinking. But I would say that the worst case scenario is rather that it turns out that Histogen causes cancer and does not grow as much hair as it was intially believed to do.
                      I too have high hopes for this - but there's no point in kidding ourselves about the worst case scenario. There are still a lot of things that can go wrong.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                        Inactive
                        • Jan 2011

Oh come on the cancer thing is so 80s :-)

Comment

• Bakez
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by RichardDawkins
                          This is a very good Worst Case scenario in my books :-)

I would give some additional thoughts. I believe that a hairloss stop is pretty much the case even in this "early" results this seems to backup this claim.

What i think is, that it will work better on your vertex area, because in this area it seems propecia works also better then in the frontal regions.

So the worst case remains

1) hairloss stop but not your original density so additional hair transplant and you are finished for good

I think this is something which everyone could accept.

Dont get me wrong i really belive in Histogen i really do but i wouldnt be crushed if this "worst case" scenario would happen, because primary its important to stop hairloss at all :-)
                          Please stop posting. Your constant diatribe about how everything is going to work perfectly and ridiculous expectations based on pretty much nothing is really quite annoying.

The worst case scenario is that the initial results are not repeated and it has long term side effects that we dont know about.

Comment

• HairTalk
                            • Feb 2011

I'll chime in with the bandwagon of cautious hopefuls. Histogen's H.S.C. didn't fall on its ass straight out of the gate, and that's a good thing, but it's only early in 2011. The sole results we all can talk of still were released just during 2010; there are not yet very many data around about the compund.

Just how safe and efficacious is H.S.C.? Will it promote neoplasia? Let's hope not (from what I've read of what the compound consists of, I don't think it will, but that hardly means that nothing, including tumor-formation, can go wrong). Will it really stop balding? Reverse it? In which areas of the scalp? Will it help for just a few years? If so, will "booster doses" help, or will it do no further good in treated patients?

There are many questions yet unanswered. We have reason to be hopeful, but we ought to refrain from celebrating over anything, at this point — H.S.C., ACell, InterCytex, Aderans. All these studies are in relatively early stages; it's foolish to begin rejoicing, already.

Comment

• UK_
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by HairTalk
                              There are many questions yet unanswered. We have reason to be hopeful, but we ought to refrain from celebrating over anything, at this point — H.S.C., ACell, InterCytex, Aderans. All these studies are in relatively early stages; it's foolish to begin rejoicing, already.
                              Intercytex? Have they started trials for hair loss now?

Comment

• UK_
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Bakez
                                Please stop posting. Your constant diatribe about how everything is going to work perfectly and ridiculous expectations based on pretty much nothing is really quite annoying.

The worst case scenario is that the initial results are not repeated and it has long term side effects that we dont know about.
                                lol@diatribe.

I'm gettin' real tired aswel of Richard Dawkins/Stevie.Dee's blind over-inflated drugged enthusiasm, I've a feeling one day he might be forced to bite a very hard bullet...Rememer Shh? lol.

Comment

Working...