+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 225 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    gmonasco you are right, this can be the case.

Also even if Histogen and Ari will work 120% i wouldnt rule out hair transplants. Its better to be safe then sorry.

Iam only realistic here, Histogen will have its unbattled and unreached high points when it comes to vertex restoration because i see the head as a two zone problem.

Zone 1 : Frontal area and the most important area can be restored with relatively less grafts

Zone 2 : Vertex area and the unbeaten source of everyones nightmare and also the Grafts grave.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

With working Histogen and working Acell Plucking i would do the following.

1) Create and fully restore my frontal area over the point of "Just an illusion" with Acell plucking

2) use Histogen for the rest

3) wait some years and then got the finishing touch if needed (at this point i hope hair transplant surgeons have figured out how to do FUE-multiplication :-)

4) Get addicted because i know myself ;-)

------------------------------------------------------

Anyway i think its very good to get positive updates because it helps a lot of hairloss sufferers

----------------------------------------------------
    Oh and come to think of it. maybe some people think iam to overly optimistic. They may be right but let me put it this way

1) Even some docs have seen donor regrowth after FUE without Acell, thats a fact we all know.

So the simple question here is Why not go from a one time "accident" to a sure fire method? You get my drift here

With Acell the chances are getting to our favor, or are they not? Just do it, seat yourself for 5 minutes and think about this case, just think about it :-)
    HAHA I want to think like you but I cant. I need to see it to believe it. I wish i could go to the future just to get the answer and then come back relaxed haha. Unless I find out the cure wont come till 20 years from now. ****!! Hopefully its 5 years TOPS.

Inactive

Sometimes you have to think out of the box ;-) i say lets the next 4 to 5 weeks (yes 5 weeks cause timelines are ment to be broken)

But seriously Grafts grow back sometimes, ask any ht doc who performs FUE.

I am very pleased to hear from Dr Ziering that Histogen have already commenced their initial exploratory studies (Phase I/II), I highly anticipate the results, as stated we have seen over the past few decades companies come and go with promise after promise, but in this respect I can atleast believe that the method Histogen adopts has shown to induce follicular neogenesis in animals - it just needed to be proven in humans aswel, which is where we are today.

I certainly agree that there could be a conflation of HSC and HT, rebuilding the frontal hairline may be better accomplished with a HT combined with Acell/plucking technique and HSC to complement the procedure to aid the growth in the extracted follicular units. I am sure the upcoming trials will aid in the answering of any further questions, one of which being whether the HSC could be applied in a topical format. Histogen has certainly battled through some tough times, and I truly wish them all the best of support in all of their research areas.

Inactive

Agree, thats actually a good plan with the maximum effect you can have

And if you feel uncomfortable and your hairloss is on hold later on you could go for a FUE if its needed.

But i dont know why, but i think Histogen could get us back our original density i cant really say why i believe this but its a gutfeeling very strange

[QUOTE=Dr. Craig Ziering;22585]I must state that I dont run Histogen but I am an advisor for them.
    My suggestion would be to administer HSC by independent hair restoration surgeons who are trained in its application and are experienced in the field so we can closely monitor treatment and response .

Doc Z[/QUO
    TE]

Dr. Zering,
    I'm not sure you can answer these questions perhaps Gail Naughton would have a better perspective on these, but since you seem to be the only representative of the Company speaking publicly right now I will pose them to you.
    Don't you think there may be some trepidation for a lot of perspective patients from the west when having to travel to the far east to have the procedure done.
    Or does Histogen believe that people would take a giant leap and go to a country where they are unfamiliar with the language, medical practices, and legal system to get their hair back.
    Which brings to mind another question. Is this being promoted more heavily in the countries where the trials are being done.
    These issues are the reason I asked in my earlier post if it would be performed under a clinic owned and sanction by Histogen.

Inactive

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by mlao View Post
    Don't you think there may be some trepidation for a lot of perspective patients from the west when having to travel to the far east to have the procedure done.

Or does Histogen believe that people would take a giant leap and go to a country where they are unfamiliar with the language, medical practices, and legal system to get their hair back.
    I can't speak for Dr. Ziering, of course, but the point is that the length of the approval process in Asian countries is significantly shorter than in North America, and there's not much Histogen can do about that fact. So, even though some patients may have trepidation about traveling to Asia for such a procedure, it's a better option than having no choice at all. Would anyone be better served if Histogen refrained from making their product available anywhere in the world until it had secured U.S. regulatory approval?

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    I can't speak for Dr. Ziering, of course, but the point is that the length of the approval process in Asian countries is significantly shorter than in North America, and there's not much Histogen can do about that fact. So, even though some patients may have trepidation about traveling to Asia for such a procedure, it's a better option than having no choice at all. Would anyone be better served if Histogen refrained from making their product available anywhere in the world until it had secured U.S. regulatory approval?
    I am not suggesting that they wait until they receive U.S. approval.
    I am saying that if a they had a Histogen owned and operated clinic that could deal with the intricacies of a large western cliental,
    (language, travel, lodging, etc..) it would be to their benefit.
    We all want to get our hair back but how many times have you read posts by people who impulsively got some treatment (PRP, Acell, transplant) from a practitioner who they feel did not fully inform them of the possible problems with the procedure.
    Regardless of what most of us think about the Aderans/Bosley connection their network is a far better model to bring the therapy to a waiting public.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by mlao View Post
    I am saying that if a they had a Histogen owned and operated clinic that could deal with the intricacies of a large western cliental (language, travel, lodging, etc..) it would be to their benefit.
    It might be more to their benefit (and ours) if they invested their time, money, and resources in continuing development of the product and securing approval for it in western countries rather than trying to set up and operate clinics on the other side of the globe.

Hey Doc Z, when I get back home to LA for the summer... I'd be MORE than happy to have you give me as many HSC treatments as you'd like. =)

-Max

PS- Seriously. haha

All the best hair transplant clinics in the world take the things I spoke about into account.
    How can we be sure a doctor from a different culture no matter how well they are trained in western medicine and practices will hold themselves culpable to the patient.
    Everyone on this site is jumping for joy over the pronouncements Histogen has been making, even with almost no photographic evidence to back it up.
    I dare say that tomorrow if it was available in Chernobyl there would probably be plane loads of guys flying out to get the injections.
    I really want this to work and make no mistake I could and would gladly fly to Asia to have it done. I just want to know that when it comes to market there is a health practitioner and company who will stand behind the product and know how to properly advise the patients.