Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasinfla
    • Dec 2010

one more question

Hey mattj. Thanks for getting back to me. One more question, would propecia or actually rogaine filled in this spot where scalp is exposed or is it too large of an area? Would probably rather do propecia so hopefully that would work. I have beem taking a biotin supplement for about a month now so maybe the biotin could possibly be causing more thinniing? Or is it kicking out the dead hair and regrowing..trying not to obsess sorry.

Comment

• jasinfla
      • Dec 2010

Also could malnutrition cause hair thinning? Reason i ask is that i am 6"1 and weigh 118 lbs and have been losing weight almost daily recently. Would this be something my dermatogolist could help me with for hair wise or my reg md? Thanks again, i greatly appreciate it.

Comment

• mattj
        Doctor Representative
        • Oct 2009

I'm not sure if Biotin causes shedding like Propecia and Rogaine can.

If you have lost hair at the crown then Propecia or Rogaine could re-grow it, but I don't think (based on the photos) you've lost hair for sure.

Your weight issues (which sound quite serious) would not really be the area of expertise of a dermatologist. Malnutrition can certainly have an effect on hair.
        I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

Working...